Hulk vs Hulk

:up:.... have a great life

stop hotlinking, host them yourself. Stop being lazy

Design wise i liked both equally, but in a fight, the 03 Hulk would rip the '08 Hulk's head off with ease.

Both Hulks would be pretty even. Like at the BO. ;)

i just watched The Hulk last night on USA network. and i must say, the movie gets worse each time i watch it.
i have to say the CGI in The Hulk was definitely too cartoony a lot of times. i thought the Hulk was too florescent green. whereas, in TIH, the Hulk was a darker green color. i thought 03 Hulk's movements looked too much like a chinese guy doing the motions(gee, i wonder why). while, 08 Hulk's movements looked more athleticy, and kinda reminded me of a wrestler. which i liked. i thought 03 hulk's cgi did a bad job of giving a feel for the hulk's mass, thus resulting in too cartoony effects whenever hulk leaped(kinda like how the cgi in Spider-Man made Spidey look too weightless while swinging around flag posts and buildings). but the cgi in 08's hulk did a good job of making hulk's "mass" look more believable. another difference is that they made the 03 hulk seem too peaceful, even in his anger. whereas, the 08 hulk had a more scary-feel to him, like a true monster, and he was more angry and intense. and lastly, a huge difference that i enjoyed about the 08 hulk was the action scenes. there was more action, and better excitement. 03 hulk was pretty bland and boring.

I honestly think that if someone like Letterrier handled the whole idea of him growing with size, he'd make sure the Hulk looks better than in '03. I liked him being giant, but the proportions were all wrong.

Which one of the reviewers said the '08 Hulk looked like a big muscular pickle? That was brilliant.

I don't know, but if you find out which one it was, tell me so I can kick him in the balls.

It's indeed funny. :D

Btw, which design did you say you prefer between '08 Hulk & Hulkzilla?

here's 03 Hulk:
thehulkod2003at7.jpg

hulk03bu4.jpg

here's 08 Hulk:
theincrediblehulktrailewo8.jpg

08hulkkl0.jpg

hulkimagerothaq8.jpg

i love the muscle definition in the new(08) hulk. and he looks scarier. and i'm telling you, his movements look much more realistic.
the o3 hulk is bigger, but he looks fat, and he looks like Ang Lee. and his movements look too cartoony.

I agree on the Ang Lee part. I watched the movie, but for too much of the movie he looked like Ang. I wish he had been made to look like Bana....

ang's hulk is not a monster. he was a giant baby. he just smashed stuff.

08 hulk was inconsistent, on one hand he is a smart fighter, turning cars into boxing gloves, but then he is dumb as rocks--afraid of thunder and throwing a bolder at lighting.

One big difference between the two was also in the dynamic aspects of the animation, the movements. Ang Lee and crew sought to make sure that all of the motions were very "real", and lacked a smooth, "animated" veneer. Minute stumbles and re-shifting of body mass, blance and momentum issues; it all played out beautifully - and viscerally - on screen.

I don't know the thought processes behind Leterrier's Hulk, and it very well could have been something similar, but, in the end, alot of the Hulk's (and the Abomination's) movements looked very neat and "animated". You don't really get the impression that those too beasts actually existed, and were interacting with real physical objects, as was the case in '03. And the car boxing gloves were a bit absurd.

Absurb? I think not. But I actually think that the animation/CGI in the new Hulk was better & much more consistent. I also liked the movements a little better as well & just generally care for the new Hulk a heck of a lot more. Also, @Hancock, when did he seemed scared of lightning? Because my impression along with a lot of other people is that he thought he was being attacked, so he was defending Betty and looking out for an attacker.

I seriously doubt that.

Honestly, have you even thought about this beyond your bias for the 08 Hulk, have you thought about this, dare i say it LOGICALLY.

03 Hulk was bigger, had a FASTER healing factor, had better shows of strength, and didnt have to use metal objects to protect himself from bulletts and grenade's while the 08 Hulk did, you know why, because they HURT him. To the 03 Hulk bullets were a MINOR annoyance.

Honestly, put bias away and think about this, 03 Hulk would obviously win.

One big difference between the two was also in the dynamic aspects of the animation, the movements. Ang Lee and crew sought to make sure that all of the motions were very "real", and lacked a smooth, "animated" veneer. Minute stumbles and re-shifting of body mass, blance and momentum issues; it all played out beautifully - and viscerally - on screen.

I don't know the thought processes behind Leterrier's Hulk, and it very well could have been something similar, but, in the end, alot of the Hulk's (and the Abomination's) movements looked very neat and "animated". You don't really get the impression that those too beasts actually existed, and were interacting with real physical objects, as was the case in '03. And the car boxing gloves were a bit absurd.

Agreed with all of this, especially the car boxing gloves bit.

Stylistically - I'm going with TIH (but hey, I'm biased, that design is based off the Hulk I grew up with)

Oh and Sava - great avvy. Havent followed the wrasslin' for years but those were the days...........I can still remember when the Rock threw Stone Cold off a bridge. :D

Me too. 1998/99 were golden years for me in terms of WWE.

Good times. Those were the days were I used to look forward to Friday NIGHT because of Raw.

As I said though, I havent watched it in years, it just became too formulaic and predictable.

Every now and again I might chance upon it and give it a shot but its the same old same old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"