Hulk fans!!! Support your Hulk, or else...

You seem to have a great memory about my activities, maybe better then my own. Still, I've learned my lesson. I now only support films I think are worthy of my support. My loyalty to Marvel and the Daredevil film made me want to support Elektra even though that movie was complete crap. Live and learn. After viewing Ghost Rider, my support ended for that thing the minute I walked out of the theatre. Not the case with Incredible Hulk. I thoroughly enjoyed the film and will support it with everything at my disposal.

To be fair though YJ1 you have supported some terrible movies in the name of fanboyism, i mean, did you really think the FF movie THAT good? :yay:.

Not to mention X3.

Maybe action fans will want to walk out of Wanted and right into TIH to wash that God aweful taste out of their mouths. :)

Seriously though, I just finished seeing Wanted with a couple of friends, neither of whom know comics, and to my surprise they both said that they wished we had seen TIH again instead

Honestly? I'm thinking there WON'T be a Hulk sequel anytime soon. The big green guy just has too much stigma from Ang's movie. Many non-comic fans i know are basically saying they are "in no big hurry to go see the new movie"...

Here's what i think will happen. This movie will slowly gain respect once it hits cable and dvd...put The Hulk in the Avengers movie. If Avengers is the hit that everyone is saying it will be, by that time Ang's movie will be further removed by time, THEN give us a Hulk sequel.

Just $0.02 from a fellow life long Hulk fan...:yay:

I think your opinion of what will happen is pretty spot on, CS. It's a good movie, more & more people will start to recognize that, but it's gonna take time (or them not having to pay to see it). I get the feeling that a Hulk sequel won't happen for quite some time. 4-5 years maybe... LL's schedule is already filling up fast w/ other films & unless they announce a Hulk sequel SOON, they'll have to get a new director (or wait for him to be free)... Which would bum me out because I'm a huge fan of LL.

If I were Marvel, I wouldn't do any sequels (including Iron Man) until after The Avengers. In fact, I would't bother w/ any other films except for Captain America... I think that a Thor (never been a fav of mine) film has huge potential to bomb (the material just isn't as strong as others & I don't think the general audience will embrace him... IMO), Ant-man has been "in development" forever... I think they should do a WWII Cap movie to set up the Avengers & go from there... Using The Avengers film to introduce us to Thor, Pym, etc...

If Marvel isn't careful, I think they could spoil the whole pot with too many fims...

I also want to say thank you to everyone who read & posted on this thread. You're all AWESOME Hulk fans (well, the vast majority anyway)! Most of you are seeing this movie as many times as you can afford & spreading the word to your friends... I just have a lot of respect for all of you & I wanted to express that.

Vote Hulk in 08!

To be fair though YJ1 you have supported some terrible movies in the name of fanboyism, i mean, did you really think the FF movie THAT good? :yay:.

Not to mention X3.
Jamon, I honestly don't understand how you can like Spider-Man 3 and not X3.:huh:

:huh: I think you're jumping the gun a little. This is a marathon and not a sprint, TIH is making coin at the box office. :bh: was number 2 , a strong number 2 this weekend, remember anything over 100 million is a blockbuster.

...10 years ago. Blockbuster status is now generally reserved for movies that make anything over $200 million.

I'd love to see it agian, but alas I know no one else who wants to see the movie. I loved it and would love for there to be a sequal connected to this one. I do not not want another remake LOL. What would that be? A third freakin remake?! LOL. I like all the actors this time.

I've seen TIH 4 times and I saw Iron Man 3 times.

The Incredible Hulk seems to be going the way of Batman Begins as a great movie, but because of the reputation of it's predecessor, it has gotten many skeptics.

On a good note the many brave moviegoers who saw the movie are giving it high reviews. Check Yahoo movies and even Box Office Mojo. The Movie has a B+ average and I can't help but believe it'd be higher if it wasn't for the few F's it received from the immature losers who would just like to see the Hulk fail, really for no apparent reason. There is no way anyone can justify this movie as failing. But I digress, the majority of film goers love the movie. We fans can only hope the movie has strong legs.

I tried supporting it but when the MODS closed my other thread that had almost a thousand posts and almost 10,000 people read it, I find that just unbelievable. It created something negative and I can't help it but I won't support this movie anymore. I've had about 10 other people that were going to see this (I was 1 of the 10) and convinced them to see something else (GET SMART). And they only go to the movies on occasion so this Hulk movie just lost 10 ticket sales last friday. Sorry. Blame the MODS!

I saw it for the 5th time today and i'm still not bored of it, it still gets me pumped. Managed to get my sister and mum to go too.

I'm gonig to try to get my one friend whom hated the first Hulk movie with a passion to see TIH this week. Been trying to coax him into it, but after the last movie he is skeptical.

I'VE SEEN IT 3 TIMES IN THE THEATERS, BUT I'M NOT DONE YET!!!;):D:up:

I'm gonig to try to get my one friend whom hated the first Hulk movie with a passion to see TIH this week. Been trying to coax him into it, but after the last movie he is skeptical.

They should have wait a year or two longer to release this movie. Marvel doesn't have a movie in 2009...why didn't they wait till then

Not to mention X3.

Screw fanboyism, it's just the opposite. Setting aside narrow minded fanboy preconceived notions and judging films on their own merit leads to a better appreciation of certain films. It's fanboy sniveling that makes certain individuals unable to enjoy a film.

Could and SHOULD FF have been better? Yes.

Did I still enjoy FF anyway? Yes. (You won't see it in my top ten but so what?)

Same goes for X3. No apologies from me on this one. I'll go to my grave proclaiming X3 better then 75% of all movies released in 2006. Whinny fanboys aside, that constitutes enough to support any film.

I'm glad that Incredible Hulk seems to have bridged the gap. Fanboys and general fans BOTH seem to like the film.

Saw it for a 2nd time today, cant seem to convince anyone else to go see it though :csad:

Yeah, i've run into the same thing. It's like NOTHING is convincing anyone to see this who wasn't already an hulk fan or fan of superhero flicks in general. People look at me like i'm from outer space when i tell them how great it was and how much better it is from the first film. I think an big part of it is the general public know only three things right now: prequel, sequel, or remake. We fans know of the alternative, "new number 1/new series" that happens in comic fans that regular folks don't understand and that's essentially what this film is but it's hard explaining it to them and that appears to be why they didn't go. It's not an prequel clearly and not an remake so by process of elimination they go sequel and they DON'T want to see that. It's an shame really because for me this is neck and neck with Batman Begins as the best comic film made.

They should have wait a year or two longer to release this movie. Marvel doesn't have a movie in 2009...why didn't they wait till then

Probably because they wanted to get 2 movies out this year and none of their other projects were prepared enough for 2008. Also, Marvel didn't know the strike was going to halt them that much, thus they had no idea 2009 would end up being blank for them. In retrospect, it is easy to monday morning quarterback Marvel, but in reality, there is no way Marvel knew things would work as they did for TIH or for 2009.

Same goes for X3. No apologies from me on this one. I'll go to my grave proclaiming X3 better then 75% of all movies released in 2006.

Preach it brotha. I was looking forward to 3 movies back in '06: X3, Superman Returns and Pirates 2. I was disappointed with 2/3 of them. X3 was not part of the 2/3. However, Pirates 2 has grown on me over the years.:woot:

There won't ever be a sequel!!!

For reasons that have already been discussed, & despite mostly positive reviews & decent word of mouth, The Incredible Hulk is not performing too great at the box office... This means that we probably won't get another Hulk movie. Sure, we'll see him in the Avengers, & Hulk is the type of character that could pop into just about any Marvel hero's movie, smash some stuff up, beat some fools down, & then bounce... But is that what we want??? Personally, I want both... A sequel, AND Hulk in other Marvel movies... but that ain't gonna happen if Hulk doesn't start earning some more GREEN!!!

So, I'm calling out Hulk fans... Go see the movie!!! Oh... You've already seen it? Hmm... Oh I know!!! GO SEE IT AGAIN!!! & AGAIN!!! & AGAIN!!! & AGAIN!!! OH & here's another idea, FORCE your friends & family to go with you!!!

I've seen it 3 times... I'll probably go see it at least 2 more times... Why? BECAUSE I LOVE HULK!!! I tell everyone I run into to go see it!!! Yes, I tell random people on the street that they should go see Hulk... I even paid for my whole family to go see it because they wouldn't have gone on their own...

My point is that if WE (the fans) want more Hulk, then WE (the fans) have to be out there doing what we can for our Green Guy! I know there's a lot of you Hulk fans out there... Just one of us going to see Hulk half a dozen times isn't going to make much difference, but if we all turn into Hulk promoters & tell everyone we know to go see it... No, MAKE them go see it!!! Then we may have a chance for more Hulk movies... Isn't that what we all want???

Just $0.02 from a life long Hulk fan...

Thank you, best post on this board in a while...

Yes, guys who can, go see the movie another goo two to three times. We need a damn sequel...and I know I speak for everyone whose seen this movie when I say we don't want or need another reboot anytime soon.

Buying the DVD with Capt america and uncut in it is also a way to colaborate.

I know I'll be buying this DVD on Blu-Ray which will be the first time I actually buy a Blu-Ray DVD.

BTW, is the end fight really going to be longer on the DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"