Should the new Hulk have more to say?

I really agree with Limey on this one...

The Way I imagine Hulk talking is exactly like a child.
I have a 3 year old brother. (yes...a three year old brother..my familys brother gaps are that crazy) but he doesnt say "CONNOR AM ANGRY"

the closest thing he does is say ME instead of I. which I think could work.

Hulk is easily frustrated. He doesn't get angry unless provoked.
I Could imagine him saying "SMASH!" or "ME SMASH!"

small sentences only though. If they DID Go with big lines, I would personally make it like the Fight between Abomination and Hulk in the Ultimates. without the third person of course.

how about this

hulk saves some woman while running from govt

woman:omg what are you(ahh and stuff)
hulk: me hulk!

stupid pilot treis to take the hulk out, not realzing the woman is there

hulk:hulk smash now!

then he leaps away

The perfect opportunity would be to have a little bit of dialogue with the Abomination... Pre-battle and a little through the fight, such as....

"HULK will SMASH YOU!" or "You can't HURT HULK!" or of course "HULK is the Strongest there is!"

He has to have a bellowing deep GRAVELY voice with a growl that rivals the T-Rex in Jurassic Park! I mean he DOES have the lung capacity of a whale, he should sound like it!

And by the way, the Ang Warf/HULK voice definitely wasn't working.... LOL

I doubt he is going to speak in the third person. I wonder is it possible they could have him resembling the currrent Hulk who is intelligent, given at the end of the first they were a merged entity almost...

I'd be fine with a little more Hulk dialogue, but I really want a much fiercer sounding ROAR.

Hulk talking the third person will sound stupid, just have him talk like they did in the first movie

Sorry Sava, have to disagree with you on this one... HULK has Always talked in the 3rd person and as long as they don't over do it it would work!

He sounded stupid in the first movie... Just like a previous poster said, he sounded like Warf off of Star Trek

eh?... you know how the Hulk talks now in the comics?... normally, he didnt talk in the thrid person in the comics when it started either. Hulk didnt sound stupid int he first movie, all he said was two lines, and they were to the point and nothing else, how does "Puny Human" and "Take it all" sound stupid?... really, please tell me how that sounds stupid, it may not sound like the Hulk to you but it in no way sounds stupid. Hulk is a huge thing, he should have a deep voice, what the hell else should he sound like, britney-f**king-spears?

eh?... you know how the Hulk talks now in the comics?... normally, he didnt talk in the thrid person in the comics when it started either. Hulk didnt sound stupid int he first movie, all he said was two lines, and they were to the point and nothing else, how does "Puny Human" and "Take it all" sound stupid?... really, please tell me how that sounds stupid, it may not sound like the Hulk to you but it in no way sounds stupid. Hulk is a huge thing, he should have a deep voice, what the hell else should he sound like, britney-f**king-spears?
I'll have to agree with you there but that "Take it all" line sounded more like Eric Bana then the deep voice we heard earlier in the movie, correct me if i'm wrong.

yeah, it starts out with Banner saying "you think you can handle it?.. take it.." and then the voice changes to Hulk's and he says the last "TAKE IT ALLL!!!!!" line.

That is correct and I am fine with his voice in the first one and how he talked. i would not mind him talking more but the more the Hulk is intelligent the less relevant Banner becomes meaning it will never be done in the movies.

That is correct and I am fine with his voice in the first one and how he talked. i would not mind him talking more but the more the Hulk is intelligent the less relevant Banner becomes meaning it will never be done in the movies.

I attempted to point this out in another thread that the Hulk is the complete opposite of Banner so he wouldn't be intelligent.

(Ugggghhh, that voice in the movie:whatever: )

what was wrong with the voice?...

It wasn't deep or powerful enough. The Hulk should have a loud, booming, deep voice and the ANG Hulk just didn't have it.

he had 2 lines, one was a low staright to the point line and the other was a yell type line. Hulk had a deep voice, the puny human line was perfect in the way he said and how he said it, he didnt need to sream it at Banner, he said it slow and normally. IMO, he had a great voice, it just wasnt used. When he did, he sounded great.

Hulk should definitely talk! I was a fan of the TV show back in the day, but I really hated that he didn't talk. Hulk has been talking since book one! I know people are concerned with him sounding stupid or corny, but we'll never know until it's been tried on the general public! I thought Hulk's two lines sounded great in the first movie, we've got to have much more this time. It can be done, and it sould be tried! Please enough with the Grrring and the Grunting!

Hulk should have a calmer voice when he isn't angry or upset & then a louder more ferocious voice during Hulk Smash time. Hulk going around calling himself Hulk or having him saying Hulk with every other word would be stupid. It would be even stupider if he went around & automatically started calling himself Hulk. In the last movie he was nicknamed "Angry Man" in this movie he should be nicknamed "Hulk" inadvertently & then everyone media/newspapers etc starts calling him the Hulk thereafter. Then maybe he hears himself being called this name & then starts refering to himself as Hulk a couple to a few times in the movie. At least 1 to 2 "Hulk Smash" for the fanboys & fangirls would be great but they shouldn't over do it without reason.

Hulk should definitely get to say Betty a few times in this movie.

Like...

"Betty run!"
"Betty hurt".
"Betty in trouble or danger!"

I think there should be an evolution of his speech but even at the end he shouldn't be saying that much.

the hulk is a personification of blind rage. In this state actions definitely speak louder than words...

I thought the voice was fine in the first film, but I'm not so sure about a whole bunch of Hulk-Speak through the whole movie, just some lines here and there as a wink to the fans would be plenty. It's just one of those things that, if not done right, could be a harrowing experience to sit through in a theater full of people who think he should be a Bodybuilder with a horrible wig on...

"Leave Hulk alone"- is what i wanna hear.

Well at first in the comics....he spoke complete sentences...and as I recall he had bad grammar like saying "ain't" a lot and such (which for some reason Stan Lee did a lot in the early comics).....then later on his speech (and I always assumed his mental state) debilitated into "Hulk smash",...."leave Hulk alone puny humans", and so forth. I was always fine with this. The third person Hulk really is the era that he came into his own and became so popular.

But then you've got what they did in the TV show...he was mute which I thought added a great depth to the character.

I'd love to hear him talk but if they can't get the voice right then I'd rather him not at all.

I don't know about anyone else but I was sure dissappointed that the Hulk didn't have more lines in the ANG Hulk. I'm hoping this time around we can hear more of the Hulk talk, like "Hulk Smash", or "Puny Soldiers Men" and I've been waiting for "HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS"! A totally mute Hulk just isn't the same.

I was extremely disappointed too. :csad: A speechless Hulk you might as well call him Godzilla if all he does is roar and show little understanding.

Part of what makes Hulk great and his attraction for me is hearing his simple perspective on the situations he finds himself in the middle of.

Everything he says must be spoken in the third person, no exceptions.

I dissagree. The Hulk didn't talk like that when he was first created and hasn't spoken like that for over 20 years. In comics his most popular times were when he spoke full sentences like when Peter David wrote him and now Greg Pak.

To me, the voice in the first film sounded almost exactly like Hulk's voice from the cartoon series IE: perfect. But then again, I enjoyed the original Hulk movie (dark, complex, mature, intelligent, and some breath-taking action, despite some CGi looking better than others).

I doubt we'll see the Hulk speaking more than a few (three-to-five at most) lines in the new film, purely because they're trying to make the beast look as realistic as possible and embracing the mindless rage aspect of Hulk logically means his speech capability would be null compared to a series of enraged roars.

I reckon we'll get: "Smash!", "Puny Human/s!" and possibly a "BETTTTYYY!!" kinda-thing.

It all depends on what version of the Hulk you're a fan of. For most it's the old school, green skin, jade jaws that personifies the Hulk the best. The Hulk is the opposite of Bruce Banner so that means big, strong, powerful, courageous, and yes....child like. So the best speech patern for the Hulk would be "HULK IS STRONGEST THERE IS".

HulkSuperman2.jpg

Where is it written that Hulk is Banner's opposite? We can't say the Hulk is Banner's opposite but we can say he is Banner's inner strength, his true self, his suppressed emotions, his survival instinct, his sexual expression(yeah), his incorporeal self defense reflex externalized. All of these definitions can be found in the history of The Incredible Hulk comic books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"