Hulk: The End???

Originally posted by CaptainStacy
Try ebay from time to time, or www.milehighcomics.com

The End was the comic adaption from Peter David's The Last Titan short story from The Ultimate Hulk novel, a collection of short stories...you can probably order that through your local book dealer...:hulk:

Ebay was a good suggestion, because I just got lucky and won an auction from somebody selling a Mint edition copy of Hulk: The End. I knew about the Last Titan story-- Ultimate Hulk is such a great collection of short stories, I also highly recommend that for any true Hulk fan, 'tis a must have.

yo, i heard in this comic hulk actually regenerated his arm or something? Is that true

Jplaya2023 said:
yo, i heard in this comic hulk actually regenerated his arm or something? Is that true

He regenerated a hell of a lot more than that. Read it.

Meh, I don't really like the plot for "The End" I mean:

#1 Hulk's rage will eventually fade away and he will end up dying
#2 Humans are dead? Couldn't they just have colonised other planets?
#3 Coakroackes feeding on the Hulk when he's still alive....oh boy
#4 I'd rather Hulk gave his life protecting Earth from some Super Vilain (Maybe Galactus) then just dying miserably & lonely without ANY honour
#5 What happened to all the other "Undying beings" like Wolverine, The Dark Phoenix, She-Hulk, Silversurfer, Galactus etc.?

It's sort of interesting but I would definately not choose that Ending for the "official" end...

Symbiote Hulk said:
Meh, I don't really like the plot for "The End" I mean:

#1 Hulk's rage will eventually fade away and he will end up dying
#2 Humans are dead? Couldn't they just have colonised other planets?
#3 Coakroackes feeding on the Hulk when he's still alive....oh boy
#4 I'd rather Hulk gave his life protecting Earth from some Super Vilain (Maybe Galactus) then just dying miserably & lonely without ANY honour
#5 What happened to all the other "Undying beings" like Wolverine, The Dark Phoenix, She-Hulk, Silversurfer, Galactus etc.?

It's sort of interesting but I would definately not choose that Ending for the "official" end...
#1 He has to be angry to live?
#2 Apparantly not.
#3 :confused:
#4 If you have read it you would have seen that
he can survive being eaten alive by insects.
He's not exactly easy to kill.
#5 Wolverine can die easier than Hulk. The Phoenix force is not human. She-Hulk can die a LOT easier than Hulk. Silver Surfer and Galactus aren't human either.

I beleive all of "The End" stories are non-canon. I think they're all just huge "What ifs" of what could happen, not what will happen. I read this issue and I didn't really care for it to much.

I would think the Kree and Skrulls would have killed themselves off by then. Also what gives them the right to think humans weren't worth keeping around, like they are in position to talk about other races after all the crap they've done. I did like the whole "Titan" comparison that was done with the Hulk. That was pretty good but the ending itself didn't care for.

I have always hoped that Hulk and Bruce would sooner or later merge and accept each other. Thus mentally finally becoming one and the transformation being a willing one with no mental changes. That to me would be a great ending to the continuing problem of the two sides always being at odds.

Effect said:
I beleive all of "The End" stories are non-canon. I think they're all just huge "What ifs" of what could happen, not what will happen. I read this issue and I didn't really care for it to much.

Exactly, buch of bullsheeit

Mr. Green said:
#1 He has to be angry to live?
#2 Apparantly not.
#3 :confused:
#4 If you have read it you would have seen that
he can survive being eaten alive by insects.
He's not exactly easy to kill.
#5 Wolverine can die easier than Hulk. The Phoenix force is not human. She-Hulk can die a LOT easier than Hulk. Silver Surfer and Galactus aren't human either.

Meh, still, I'd rather have Hulk sacrafice himself in order to save the world from a god-like(Or possibly an evil god) being. Bruce would have left his mark in history as the protector of earth. It just seems more.....right then him being the last human/living being on earth and being lonely all the time with his roaches.

Maybe it's my Literary History minor at work here, but regardless of the text, I got the feeling that the Hulk: The End story was a take on Hell. With the roaches feeding on Hulk constantly, it was analogous to Prometheus' punishment, though in this case, what Hulk is being punished for is unclear.
The problem(s) I have with the End stories is that none of them really recitfy anything.
In the Wolverine story, you find out some stuff about Logan's family, (whoe couldn't see that coming from the first panel when you see you-know-who)but it doesnt really show a real climax. meh.
The Hulk story doesn't rectify anything, either. I get the feeling that Banner isn't dead, the Hulk's strength and desire to be accepted is keeping him alive very deep within him somewhere.
The "The End" books, IMHO, should have spanned atleast 3 issues, with each functioning as an act in a play. It would have enabled them to dedicate and entire issue/book to the true "END". Don't get me wrong, they were good reads, but the pace within them seemed a little rushed and forced.

Symbiote Hulk said:
Meh, still, I'd rather have Hulk sacrafice himself in order to save the world from a god-like(Or possibly an evil god) being. Bruce would have left his mark in history as the protector of earth. It just seems more.....right then him being the last human/living being on earth and being lonely all the time with his roaches.

I have always thought that Mevel should toy with the idea of Hulk being a god. Not saying it had to be in canon, but not quite a "What if..." story. Maybe after an epic rampage, where the militaries of the entire world come together to try to destroy him, fail to do so, and the people of the Earth start to think that Hulk is "Like a god" in his strength, and that he is the only one with true infinite power, and.... I got nothing after that.

Can someone scan the pages where he is being eaten? I would like to see that.

(I know, someone will say go buy it but I am at work and I would like to see it if someone could do that)

sean61675 said:
Can someone scan the pages where he is being eaten? I would like to see that.

(I know, someone will say go buy it but I am at work and I would like to see it if someone could do that)
The Hulk regenerates eyes, tongue, intestines, and more. HULK: THE END http://img198.exs.cx/img198/7175/healing14a1vc.jpg http://img198.exs.cx/img198/3606/healing14b9zu.jpg http://img198.exs.cx/img198/4638/healing14c1pf.jpg (compliments of Jonathanos's Incredible Hulk Capability thread)

sean61675 said:
Thanks!! That was awesome (gross, but awesome). I need to go out and buy that. Are the pages showing him actually getting eaten?

I know, I like my gore.
Yeah, I believe they show him getting attacked. I'm not sure how graphic it is, though. I haven't actually read it myself.

I'll have to get ahold of that also.I've only seen scans and liked what I saw:woot:

Symbiote Hulk said:

It's meant to be tragic. And it plays off of greek mythology too. It's a very good story.

not_a_victim said:
Maybe it's my Literary History minor at work here, but regardless of the text, I got the feeling that the Hulk: The End story was a take on Hell. With the roaches feeding on Hulk constantly, it was analogous to Prometheus' punishment, though in this case, what Hulk is being punished for is unclear.

It's very clear he's being punished for the crimes of Bruce Banner. Banner opened "pandoras box".

The problem(s) I have with the End stories is that none of them really recitfy anything.
In the Wolverine story, you find out some stuff about Logan's family, (whoe couldn't see that coming from the first panel when you see you-know-who)but it doesnt really show a real climax. meh.
The Hulk story doesn't rectify anything, either. I get the feeling that Banner isn't dead, the Hulk's strength and desire to be accepted is keeping him alive very deep within him somewhere.
The "The End" books, IMHO, should have spanned atleast 3 issues, with each functioning as an act in a play. It would have enabled them to dedicate and entire issue/book to the true "END". Don't get me wrong, they were good reads, but the pace within them seemed a little rushed and forced.

Hulk brought the personality conflict between Banner and Hulk to a head. I agree that other The End books have been disappointing, but Hulk: The End DID have a real end. It was all about the conflict between Banner and Hulk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"