Question on Hulks appearance

nope.. he was too bright in some scenes but dont even start saying things like "he looked like a Cartoon"

If you think Hulk looked like a cartoon, I don't know what to tell you. How else could he have looked? He ain't a realistic looking character, he's just not. A bodybuilder or a prosthetic outfit couldn't have worked with what they need him to do in these films.

But... it did look like a CGI cartoon. It's like they didn't bother with any real-life reference and did all the work right on the computer, with the entire design coming from their heads.

They should at least constructed a highly realsitic suit, not to use in the movie, but for the artists to use as a reference.
At times he did look quite cartoonish, even considering that he is huge, green and not real. I bet the new CGI Hulk less considerably less so.

I don't know, maybe it's me, but some of the shots in the Ang film were honestly perfect IMO. The part where he looks over his shoulder when Betty comes down the steps to calm him down, if that didn't look real I don't know what does? I don't see how that could've looked any better. There were however, some less than gratifying shots, but overall I thought they did a good job. It was that damn SuperBowl commercial that started all this Shrek nonsense...

It was that damn SuperBowl commercial that started all this Shrek nonsense...

Right on, Doc.

What I'm wondering is, after 4 years of discussion, how can Hulk be "too green" all of a sudden???:whatever:

I know the Ang Lee film had it's flaws, certainly, but I honestly don't see how someone could hate how the Hulk looked.

I mean, it wasn't a drastic change from the comics, it looked less like CGI than most of Spider-Man, and I honestly don't see how you could make a Hulk look significantly different from that one and still have it be Hulk.

I don't know, maybe it's me, but some of the shots in the Ang film were honestly perfect IMO. The part where he looks over his shoulder when Betty comes down the steps to calm him down, if that didn't look real I don't know what does? I don't see how that could've looked any better. There were however, some less than gratifying shots, but overall I thought they did a good job. It was that damn SuperBowl commercial that started all this Shrek nonsense...
:up:..thank you, i love that scene and the CGI was f--king perfect

:up:..thank you, i love that scene and the CGI was f--king perfect

I'm with you on that! I LOVE the tank scene in the dessert too (although he was too big), you could really feel the power of HULK in that scene and the CGI was perfect!

The best looking part of the movie was in the underground base though as he came up. When he interacted with the flames and the smoke. I LOVE the part when they're watching him on the security camera when they decide to let him out...

I'm with you on that! I LOVE the tank scene in the dessert too (although he was too big), you could really feel the power of HULK in that scene and the CGI was perfect!

The best looking part of the movie was in the underground base though as he came up. When he interacted with the flames and the smoke. I LOVE the part when they're watching him on the security camera when they decide to let him out...

yeah... and when the Hulk breaks on through the fake wall to the desert! He seems sooooo damn real!!!

But... it did look like a CGI cartoon. It's like they didn't bother with any real-life reference and did all the work right on the computer, with the entire design coming from their heads.

They should at least constructed a highly realsitic suit, not to use in the movie, but for the artists to use as a reference.

Sorry, but I have to digree (EDIT:- Should be 'disagree' - d'uh) with you there.

They did use reference - they used a bodybuilder by the name of Lee Priest and they also used reference maquette's - the design didnt 'just come from their heads'.

One of the benefits of living in the U.K is that we got a 3 disk S.E.

-On this disk they gave a demonstration on the preparation that ILM undertook andn how they brought the Hulk to life.

ILM did an incredible job, my only failing with the end result would be the shade of green that they used for the Hulk.

But that's a stylistic choice, as opposed to a question of their expertese.

Those were some great scenes in the movie and all in all I think he was relatively well done if a little bright and sometimes too tall.

One thing to note, he did not seem too big when fighting the tanks and helicopters just when he came out of the underground lab.

Those were some great scenes in the movie and all in all I think he was relatively well done if a little bright and sometimes too tall.

One thing to note, he did not seem too big when fighting the tanks and helicopters just when he came out of the underground lab.

yeah, when he was in the desert, going up agaisnt the tanks and the helicopters, the height wasnt an issue, it was when he was standing next to people. Thats when he looked too tall for me.

He certainly was big here
2288_HF05_08703_27_22_rgb.jpg

But he was just fine mostly all along to me, and really liked the way it looked.

Was it perfect, no
But not the dreadful shrek like some are moaning about

I definitely agree with all you guys, those scenes were awesome, and for my money, that whole desert sequence is still one of the best action scenes in a comic movie period. I do think they should modify the face a little because I always thought the Hulk should resemble Banner, they are the same person after all, and I thought they handled that pretty well with Eric Bana.

I thought Ang's Hulk looked about as good as it could've. And this is coming from someone who hates CGI. Compare Hulk to Thing from the FF movie and it's fairly obvious that CGI was the better choice, to me atleast.

And alll this talk of Hulk's look has brought an interesting question to my mind : how will the Hulk's face look? Bana's Hulk form looked basically like his face, just bigger and more square. I'm really wondering how Norton's longer, more angular face will look all "Hulked out". Will it even resemble him? And if so, will it work? Kinda random thought, but it'll sure be interesting to see how it's handled.

And alll this talk of Hulk's look has brought an interesting question to my mind : how will the Hulk's face look? Bana's Hulk form looked basically like his face, just bigger and more square. I'm really wondering how Norton's longer, more angular face will look all "Hulked out". Will it even resemble him? And if so, will it work? Kinda random thought, but it'll sure be interesting to see how it's handled.

I thought the Bana Hulk looked like the Hulk not Bana. There's no need to make each Hulk look like the actor.

The Hulk from the cartoons and comics never had Banner's characteristics, except maybe his hair. They may motion cap Norton's facial expressions for him, but that may be about it.

I kind of feel like it should resemble the actor a little, because it's still Banner, just transformed. That's why I always preferred John Buscema & Jack Kirby's renditions because they made them resemble each other slightly. Other than that, I don't know if the new Hulk should be wildly different from Ang's film just because I think that look wasn't too bad IMO. Besides the color, of course...

Of course it has to look like the actor. Why wouldn't it? The transformation wouldn't change the shape of the nose, lips, or eyes. It just makes him really big and green. It's a really big and green Bruce Banner. Not a seperate entity.

The problem w/the Ang Lee Hulk wasn't so much how the cg model looked but, rather, how it moved. It moved unrealistically jerky.

The Hulk's movements should be huge, smooth, and powerful. He shouldn't be doing those quick, jerky little hops when he turns around. He should be twisting his body.

Ang being the model for the movement was a terrible idea. Ang is tiny and the Hulk is huge. Of course Ang is going to move quickly in comparison.

the movements are almost perfect 'cause the Hulk is huge, but very very quick, not just like a "normal" huge man.

The problem w/the Ang Lee Hulk wasn't so much how the cg model looked but, rather, how it moved. It moved unrealistically jerky.

The Hulk's movements should be huge, smooth, and powerful. He shouldn't be doing those quick, jerky little hops when he turns around. He should be twisting his body.

Ang being the model for the movement was a terrible idea. Ang is tiny and the Hulk is huge. Of course Ang is going to move quickly in comparison.
go watch the sequence where Hulk is jumping around in the desert and tell me his movement was jerky

go watch the sequence where Hulk is jumping around in the desert and tell me his movement was jerky

Agreed Sava; the desert sequences are imo the best demonstations of how good the cg Hulk was.

A few years on, with the advancements in technology - a cg Hulk will only look better.

Of course, with the announcement that Stan Winston's now onboard - i'm even more intrigued as to how they gonna approach the realisation of ol' green genes on the big screen this time around.

To say i'm confident that we're gonna see something truly special is an understatment.

:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"