"HUNKA HUNKA" - The Absolutely Worst CBM Scenes Ever Done

Link

Within cells interlinked
Reaction score
Post and discuss the worst CBM scenes out there, from films both good and bad.

I'll start with a warm classic that prompted the thread being made.

[YT]zu2IlAKu4po[/YT]

To be honest, this is the only thing I can think of considering that scene these days:

https://twitter.com/Todoelcineque/status/838253385979691008

Last edited:
Oh there's so many, but this still comes to mind.

It's not a movie, but that awful nonsensical reveal in the last episode of The Flash. (season 3 episode 20)

Barakapool and "Save.. MARTHA" are the best choices I can think of from movies, I'm glad they were mentioned early on.

I'll go with the death of Charles Xavier in The Last Stand, a more pointless scene could not have been made.

"Martha" moment for me. Just a laughable epic failure.

Lego Batdouche's song or his bizarre fish impression. You can pretty much take any scene from that catastrophe and it's a contender for "worst ever."

Electro playing dub step in TASM 2.

[YT]zu2IlAKu4po[/YT]

To be honest, this is the only thing I can think of considering that scene these days:

https://twitter.com/Todoelcineque/status/838253385979691008
Surprised you didn't even clip [YT]cht1ZLxN6cM[/YT][YT]FNoebM89HiY[/YT]
Skwad, sadly is a greatest hits volume of the worst.

Also, surprised that SM3 clip made it. If we're talking RLM trademarks, that one scene is definitely the best. Pretty much everything in that one clip might be what I wish more cbm's committed to even if it garners ridicule.

If Logan is the most recent cbm, there's that scene with the landlady that made me cringe in my seat because of how horribly written and acted it was.

Before that was this:
[YT]zZpqMaP-T4w[/YT] Not in this video = that other reference to the pop singer.

Last edited:
Let's not forget Superman shirking his heroic duty to the world so he could do the nasty with Lois in Superman 2.

I don't really know the film Punisher War Zone very well but there must be some top scenes from there to include. I think it's the only CBM that I never managed to finish. Spawn too must have some good egs.

Every single scene in The Spirit. I don't need to pick just one. You could literally pick any scene in that movie and it would be worse than anything else.

Obviously, there are several scenes in Spider-man 3 which range from questionable to terrible, beyond the multiple unnecessary dance sequences. But one that has always stood out to me is the scene in which Venom randomly approaches Sandman -- who up until that point had not seemed like he really wanted to kill Spider-man or anyone at all -- and gets him to join up in trying to kill Spider-man. It's technically a minor scene that wasn't even how Venom and Sandman were originally meant to team up (Venom was originally supposed to threaten Sandman's daughter and coerce him to join which would have made much more sense), but as it stands, it's a glaring rush-job to get the two completely unconnected villains to team up.

A combination of things always made it seem so silly to me:

- The cartoonish look of the overall scene, especially the character's shadows
- The fact that Sandman was just walking around in an alley
- Sandman nonchalantly starting to walk away slowly after realizing this hideous creature isn't Spider-man
- Topher Grace's line delivery and dialogue
- Topher's Grace's floating head on a CGI body
- Topher Grace's hilarious Venom voice ("Interested?") and Venom's funky looking mouth/grin
- Sandman's hilarious/emotionless response when he automatically agrees to team up with Venom

[YT]5JIx7GBFLeg[/YT]

Venom: I want him dead too, Flint. That's why I've been looking for you. Oh, yeah, I know all about you. Like the fact that Spider-Man won't let you help your poor daughter. It's just - That doesn't seem right to me. Look, I want to kill the spider, you wanna kill the spider. Together, he doesn't stand a chance. Interested?

Flint Marko: Yeah.

Barakapool stings less after the Deadpool movie.

And you know, as dumb as Wolverine Origins is, it ain't quite bottom of the barrel. I can think of several comicbook movies in the past few years that have been worse.

Age of Ultron certainly comes to mind as worse than Origins.

Every Eisenberg scene in BvS.
The Doomsday fight.
The entirety of either Thor movie and Age of Ultron.
Steve Rogers' love note that rendered the entire previous film moot in Civil War.
The entirety of Green Lantern.
Silverfox's schamltzy BS story about "The Wolverine"
"This adamantium bullet wont kill him, but it will specifically give him amnesia"
Xavier's completely out of character non justification of Dark Phoenix in Last Stand.
The cape gag in Dr Strange.

Funny I didn't pick up the hunka hunka thing on the first time I saw Suicide Squad. I had to specifically look for it on my second viewing. Meh. It doesn't strike me as out of character, just that I've really come to dislike the whole character of Joker across all media.

Last edited:
Every single scene in The Spirit. I don't need to pick just one. You could literally pick any scene in that movie and it would be worse than anything else.

Yeah, even the dreadful Martha moment in Batman v Superman pales in comparison to this absolute stinker.

Having said that the Martha moment is a new low - although the second half of Suicide Squad was almost as terrible.

For me, to reach "absolutely make rst cbm scenes ever" these moments have to make me absolutely outraged and want to walk out of the cinema , I mean real WTF?!!! moments

And the Martha moment was one of these !

How they could butcher the single most important moment between Batman and Superman....... I mean, I'm sure that almost anyone who has read a couple of Batman or Superman comics could have done a better job. It's simply awful, in part because it's so badly done and also because it is perhaps the single most disappointing moment in either characters' big screen appearances. I would honestly rather watch a double feature of Superman IV followed by Batman and Robin than have to sit through that
part of B v S again - and all of Jesse Eisenberg's scenes, I mean, they're nearly as bad, again I think they would have struggled to find anyone who's read more than 2 issues of Superman, who could get Lex Luthor sooooo wrong.

The evil Peter dance scenes in SM 3 are pretty awful too, as many have said still not on the same level as Martha.

On the Flash reveal - while I think it's disappointing and poorly executed, I don't think it hits the depths of the stuff I've mentioned above.

Green Lantern was a crappy film, but never really caused me any outrage

Oh wait.....I have one personal worst moment. For all of you who liked Superman Returns, respect your opinion.

However, there was a moment there where I wanted to throw something at the screen and walk out (didn't because I was on a date). I clearly remember mumbling "WTF ?" under my breath.

It's the moment where Superman lands on an island that's got high concentrations of the one substance that can absolutely kill him, that was made using technology stolen from him, by the only person ever to use that substance against him..............AND THEN LOOKS SURPRISED WHEN HE GETS HIS ASS KICKED !!!!!!!!

Superman makes mistakes, but I couldn't believe on any level that he would be so stupid - it outrages me even now.

I had a similar moment in Iron Man 3 where Tony challenges an international terrorist organisation to attack him at home, and then not only looks surprised when it happens but IRON MAN NEARLY GETS KILLED BY GUYS IN F@#$ING HELICOPTERS !!!!! I mean if they had some jet or fighters or stolen Stark tech or something more impressive, well okay, but helicopters, I mean come on he's freaking IRON MAN. This moment was compounded when it turned out he had s f@#$-load of remote control suits in his basement.

But that's just me.

A combination of things always made it seem so silly to me:

- The cartoonish look of the overall scene, especially the character's shadows
- The fact that Sandman was just walking around in an alley
- Sandman nonchalantly starting to walk away slowly after realizing this hideous creature isn't Spider-man
- Topher Grace's line delivery and dialogue
- Topher's Grace's floating head on a CGI body
- Topher Grace's hilarious Venom voice ("Interested?") and Venom's funky looking mouth/grin
- Sandman's hilarious/emotionless response when he automatically agrees to team up with Venom

[YT]5JIx7GBFLeg[/YT]

Venom: I want him dead too, Flint. That's why I've been looking for you. Oh, yeah, I know all about you. Like the fact that Spider-Man won't let you help your poor daughter. It's just - That doesn't seem right to me. Look, I want to kill the spider, you wanna kill the spider. Together, he doesn't stand a chance. Interested?

Flint Marko: Yeah.
Speaking of which, here's something really embarrassing:
After pounding so mercilessly hard on Spider-Man in a way that will kill him, Sandman comes to the scene of Venom's death to say "I didn't want any of this".

The Spirit and Fant4stic as a whole. Almost all of BvS,SS and GL.

Emo Peter Parker. Barakapool.
Reed Richards'dance in RotSS.

The Spirit and Fant4stic as a whole. Almost all of BvS,SS and GL.

Emo Peter Parker. Barakapool.
Reed Richards'dance in RotSS.
They made a Revenge of the Sinister Six movie and included Mr. Fantastic in it?
:oldrazz:

For me bottom of the barrel is certainly Catwoman. Pure trash. Start to finish. Berry was a real trooper, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"