Worst scenes of the trilogy

X1
-Toad Fighting the X-Men. I liked Toad - but why, if they made the fights between Logan and Mystique and Sabretooth look good, could they not Toad and everyone else?
-Sabretooth's first appearance. It was such a great scene leading up to that, then BAM! A sort of crap fest of fake-looking jumps and hits shared between Wolverine and Sabes.

X2
-Opening Wolverine Scene at Alkali. Nice concept, result... not so much.

X3
-Mutant gathering, after Magneto's speech. I wasn't impressed with Callisto's or Quill's Intro's.

1) Any moments that are supposed to be emotional and powerful. Examples are Scott/Jean reunion, Beast and Leech, Xavier's funeral, Kitty grieving over Xavier and quickly getting over him, and so on and so forth.

2) The Final Battle

3) Juggernaut's introduction.

4) "I'm the Juggernaut, *****!" :rolleyes:

5) Wolverine's speech to Bobby, Kitty, and Pete. It's quite obvious why it's the worst scene.

6) Storm calling those wanted the cure "cowards".

7) Colossus having one line.

8) Danger Room

The list goes on really. But those are just to name a few of the scenes that really rubbed me the wrong way.

i really liked the movies, but there were scenes that could have been better. like the jean, storm, nightcrawler church scene in X2. its one of my favs (i really dont know why, sorry i mean it really isnt one of the better scenes but i liked it lol), but every time ive ever watched the movie outside of the theaters i always say, "Why couldn't Jean just bring him down telekinetically? i mean did storm really need to do that?"

i will say that X3 could and should have been way longer. i love long movies. i know that some dont enjoy sitting for 3 hours watching a movie, but i love it.

i really did enjoy all of them though, faults and all.

X-Maniac said:
Some amazing differences in opinion in here. It just goes to show how individual and personal some complaints can be. There is no pattern to these posts at all. I find it amazing that what one X-fan finds brilliant is what another finds terrible.

same. some scenes people have written down actually surprise me, but others not so much. its interesting to here different opinions without people aimlessly bashing the movie.

Ebil Gig said:
---X3---
1.Jean & Logan making out.Right after Jean comes back the first thing she does is starts to make out with Logan.:rolleyes:

I agree. I was also pissed about the Mystique cure scene. Mag's reaction to the situation was just not enough, It felt so forced.

JeanGrey12 said:
i(i really dont know why, sorry i mean it really isnt one of the better scenes but i liked it lol),

Lol you don't have to be sorry for that

I can't believe I forgot the Mystique & Wolverine tent scene from X2...

That scene is the most pointless, worthless scene, in any movie, ever. I hate it, despise it, want to take a crowbar to it's face...

But then I realize there's a hole in my TV now, and I can't see the rest of the movie :(

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
I can't believe I forgot the Mystique & Wolverine tent scene from X2...

That scene is the most pointless, worthless scene, in any movie, ever. I hate it, despise it, want to take a crowbar to it's face...
It´s one of my favorites. :)
Maybe because it´s a nod to the comics, a "Wolverine" issue where Mystique does almost exactly the same thing...
184245631.jpg

...only at the time Logan was aware it was Raven, of course, since he WAS in a motel with her! :D
In X2, it was more a "playing with fire" attitude, because she knew Logan would recognize her eventually, but she enjoyed making him feel bad...quite in character for Mystique!

Worst scene?

Wolverine breaking down and crying. Pick the instance yourself. To paraphrase Tom Hanks,

THERE'S NO CRYING IF YOU'RE WOLVERINE!

It wasn't really pointless though. It showed that more than anything in the world, any X-woman, atleast, Wolverine wants to find out about his past.

-danger room, firstly because they could have explored more of the young x-men. (but i must admit that it was also because mostly everyone knew it was the danger room, so it took out the surprise factor).

- pretty much all the scenes with the President in X3, the actor ruined them, thats one of the worst actors i've seen in a long time :p

-the cheap pun moments between Logan and Scott in X1. (i know some were needed, but i thought there were too much, i prefer a more serious tone.)

- oh and Cyclops talking to a comatose Xavier. I just hate that scene. Marsden's acting, everything is poor there...

i can't remember more because i usually forget the bad things and try to remember the good ones...

Ebil Gig said:
---X1---
1.Storm vs Toad

---X2---
1.I agree with the tent scene.
2.When Storm & Jean try to get Nightcrawler to come out of hiding of that church.

---X3---
1.Jean & Logan making out.Right after Jean comes back the first thing she does is starts to make out with Logan.:rolleyes:

There's more, but I can't think of them right now.
the church scene in x2 is one of the better ones definitely, showing finesse and grace with their powers and working as a team, sisters doing it for themselves and all...

Loganbabe said:
It´s one of my favorites. :)
Maybe because it´s a nod to the comics, a "Wolverine" issue where Mystique does almost exactly the same thing...
184245631.jpg

...only at the time Logan was aware it was Raven, of course, since he WAS in a motel with her! :D
In X2, it was more a "playing with fire" attitude, because she knew Logan would recognize her eventually, but she enjoyed making him feel bad...quite in character for Mystique!
at least she didn't morph into a kid showing latent pedophillic tendancies in our beloved wolvie

:(

wow, i can't believe no one has said senator kelly's death scene with storm in the first x-men film :eek:

x-car n'synch moment, pretty much everything that went down in bobby's house, especially cat licking claws...art teacher, etc....all in x2

juggernaut's defeat, the constant hack-and-slash-wolverine, xavier's revival, all dialogue with older angel (who sucks eggs), magneto turnning into a ***** everytime jean flared her powers. meh pretty much the whole of 3 is one bad scene except for the danger room scene, although they could have done much much more on it though.

I've never thought about it before, but actually, the Logan/Jean/Mystique scene in the tent (X-2) actually does suck. For one thing, he would have known it wasn't Jean the second she came in, just as he knew that "Storm" wasn't Storm in X-1.

November Rain said:
especially cat licking claws...art teacher, etc....all in x2

No? I thought that was cute- and the art teacher was funny... why didn't you like that whole Bobby scene:confused:

233806752_36156ff6c1.jpg

I'm with Pyro :up: :p

britrogue said:
I've never thought about it before, but actually, the Logan/Jean/Mystique scene in the tent (X-2) actually does suck. For one thing, he would have known it wasn't Jean the second she came in, just as he knew that "Storm" wasn't Storm in X-1.
ever tried rational thinking with a hard on?

it isn't easy...

X-Men
1. [SIZE=-1]Storm: "Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?"
[pause]
Storm: "The same thing that happens to everything else."[/SIZE]
2. Toad: "Quit playing around."
3. Sabretooth jumping away from Storm and Cyclops in the most lamest way imagined
4. Sabretooth roaring at Magneto after being locked in Kelly's prison cell in the most lamest way imagined
5. Tommy poking the jellyfish

X2: X-Men United
1. Nightcrawler: "You know, outside the circus, most people were afraid of me. But I didn't hate them. I pitied them. Do you know why? Because most people will never know anything beyond what they see with their own two eyes."
Storm: "Well, I gave up on pity a long time ago."
Nightcrawler: "Someone so beautiful should not be so angry."
Storm: "Sometimes anger can help you survive."
Nightcrawler: "So can faith."
2. Stryker: "I'm a scientist, Sgt. Lyman. When I build a machine, I want to make sure it's working."
3. Wolverine looking at the wolf
4. Wolverine returning with a major ego
5. Bobby: "Call me Iceman."

X-Men: The Last Stand

1. Logan: "Who's the furball?"
Dr. Hank McCoy: "Hank McCoy, Secretary of Mutant Affairs"
Logan: "Right, right. Secretary. Nice suit."
2. Logan: "Way to go, Furball."
3. Every scene with the President
4. Pyro suddenly having an unexplained grudge against Bobby (they could have at least explored what Singer had left off)
5. Juggernaut getting owned by a mere wall

X3
Jean appearing out of nowhere at the lake/Cyke "dying" off-screen.

X2
EVERYTHING between Magneto landing the X-Jet and the Wolvie/Lady Deathstrike fight. (Campsite babbling, tent hijinks, mind-numbingly repetitive "Find all the mutants!")
Worst line of trilogy: "Have you ever tried not being a mutant?"

X1
WORST SCENES OF TRILOGY: Senator Kelly/Senator Jellyfish. (runners up, tie) Jean vs. Toad; Everything Storm-related, from the upside-down fiber-optic lamp on her head to her ??? accent.

Oh and how could no one mention the wolverine/motorbike scene in x-1. That was so cheesey and looked like crap on screen

yeah... I think when I want to make my own x-men movie, I'll edit out that part of the scene so its just him driving it...

La_She-Beast said:
No? I thought that was cute- and the art teacher was funny... why didn't you like that whole Bobby scene:confused:

233806752_36156ff6c1.jpg

I'm with Pyro :up: :p

Oh, good ol' Mad Magazine :)

^Of course :D :D :D I was hoping SO much for a Mad "review" of X3, wanted to see Beast drawn by Mort Drucker... ah well...

La_She-Beast said:
^Of course :D :D :D I was hoping SO much for a Mad "review" of X3, wanted to see Beast drawn by Mort Drucker... ah well...

The new one has a "Mad Look At X-Men 3", it's pretty funny.

Some of it sucks though...

Look for the issue with Barry Bonds on the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"