Worst scenes of the trilogy

Nell2ThaIzzay

Avenger
Reaction score
Yes, it's the counter to the "Best scene of the trilogy" thread!

We all know that I love all 3 movies, so this isn't a bash thread, although I anticipate it will turn into one :(

But as much as I love these movies, all 3, even I must admit that there are some scenes that just aren't right.

There's really only one that comes to mind...

X-Men: The Last Stand, when Logan is packing up his things to go after Jean, and the dialogue between he and Storm. It just expresses so many things wrong; Storm giving up so easily on Jean, not even attempting to save her. Storm's "because you love her" line just isn't right. Considering what her relationship would be with Cyclops and Jean, it should have been more along the lines of "because you think you love her?!"

...that's pretty much it for me. Hopefully I'll get some more intelligent responses than "the whole movie suxxorz", but we'll see.

The Worst scene was in X3 IMO and thats the Danger Room scene...It looked very rushed and they could have done the whole fight with the Sentinel alot better. First of all showing the whole sentinel would have been nice and have some of the other X-Men attack it before Wolverine finishes it off...I know the writters only wrote it as a nod to the fans but with how short X3 was they could have added another 3 mins to it IMO

Really? The Danger Room sequence is one of my favorite sequences in the trilogy.

I think one problem with it is the fact that it was spoiled for us from the beginning. I admit, that's one reason why I was so originally disappointed with the 3rd movie, because I had become so spoiled, expecting to get so much, and knowing everything already that I was getting, that when I got it, it wasn't enough. Kind of a "You give a man a nickel, and he wants a dollar" syndrome. I think that's one problem with the entire movie.

Although I do admit it wasn't edited the best, but personally I wouldn't put it anywhere close to one of the worst scenes in the trilogy.

Maybe its not the worst scene but Its one of them to me....I had such high hopes for this scene and I`ve had dreams since I was about 11 seeing a FULL sentinel in a X-Men movie..... :(

To me, the worst scene was in X2, well, part of the scene anyway. When Jean and Ororo confront Kurt, and Ororo lifts her arms up, there's something about that scene, it looks cheesy with a strobe light effect, it could of looked better.

MoPlaYa43 said:
Maybe its not the worst scene but Its one of them to me....I had such high hopes for this scene and I`ve had dreams since I was about 11 seeing a FULL sentinel in a X-Men movie..... :(

I'll admit that it could have been better, and it is disappointing that that's all that we got of the Sentinels in the X-Men trilogy.

But I just see it as hey! At least we got the Danger Room, and a Sentinel! :)

For me the scene where Jean rises, or should I say appears. Its more of the fact that everyone wanted Phoenix to rise. The water effects are cool and I liked its just how Jean appears with her hair perfect and suit with no tears in. Just cheesy imo. It then followed by a forced conversation consisting of 'Oh look I'm back, please take of your glasses'.

I think if I hadnt known all the behind the scenes info involving James and Superman etc the scene might have been slightly better.

Danger Room x3
i love what you've done with your hair x3
storm-logan dont go scene x3
ice man house x2
jean-toad battle x1
xavier cerebro scenes x2
those are the ones i can think of right now

oh and the pointless mystique tent scene x2

The tent scene is definetly one of them.
Electrix said:
For me the scene where Jean rises, or should I say appears. Its more of the fact that everyone wanted Phoenix to rise. The water effects are cool and I liked its just how Jean appears with her hair perfect and suit with no tears in. Just cheesy imo. It then followed by a forced conversation consisting of 'Oh look I'm back, please take of your glasses'.

Agreed.That scene was much too short.

phoenix_force said:
Danger Room x3
i love what you've done with your hair x3

I was actually hoping someone would mention this scene because I think it's so clever for many reasons.

1. Firstly on the surface it clearly illustrates that storm and beast had some kind of past together.
2. It shows that the x-men and the brotherhood are very similar, it breaks down the good/evil definitions by having both storm and magneto saying the same line.
3. It a shout out to some fanboys that were constantly bashing storms hair throughout x-1 and x-2. It was kinda like saying "look we finally got it right, are you happy now.

Anyone agree?

Retroman said:
The tent scene is definetly one of them.

You mean the Mystique/Logan sceen? That was great! It intensified Mystique's infatuation with Logan, and just how manipulative she is. She knew just how to pull his strings...

And everything in X3 was too short.

I wasn't a fan of the Danger Room sequence at all. It was far too rushed IMO, the dialogue was pretty cheesy, and the scene of Storm flying looked stupid as far as I'm concerned. But this isn't a bash. Everyone knows I'm a fan of all three movies.

---X1---
1.Storm vs Toad

---X2---
1.I agree with the tent scene.
2.When Storm & Jean try to get Nightcrawler to come out of hiding of that church.

---X3---
1.Jean & Logan making out.Right after Jean comes back the first thing she does is starts to make out with Logan.:rolleyes:

There's more, but I can't think of them right now.

god/devil said:
I was actually hoping someone would mention this scene because I think it's so clever for many reasons.

1. Firstly on the surface it clearly illustrates that storm and beast had some kind of past together.
2. It shows that the x-men and the brotherhood are very similar, it breaks down the good/evil definitions by having both storm and magneto saying the same line.
3. It a shout out to some fanboys that were constantly bashing storms hair throughout x-1 and x-2. It was kinda like saying "look we finally got it right, are you happy now.

Anyone agree?

What was so right about it? It looked gray and dated. I think her hair from X-1 was the best, only without the bangs.

Some amazing differences in opinion in here. It just goes to show how individual and personal some complaints can be. There is no pattern to these posts at all. I find it amazing that what one X-fan finds brilliant is what another finds terrible.

ImOverIt said:
To me, the worst scene was in X2, well, part of the scene anyway. When Jean and Ororo confront Kurt, and Ororo lifts her arms up, there's something about that scene, it looks cheesy with a strobe light effect, it could of looked better.

yeah lame sequence.
or X1 when Storm comes out of the elevator shaft.
or X3 when Magneto goes to Attack at the climax and just flings cars, isn't he capable of much more?

Every single scene featuring the President in The Last Stand.

Angel running for the window (it made me laugh . . . it was awkward)

Most of Arclight, Callisto, and Quills scenes

. . . and Magneto's dialogue in the final battle, particularly when he says, "That's why the pawns go first." He says it twice in a row practically--for whatever reason, that bothers me . . . as well as him stating "It's time to end this war" 5 minutes after the skirmish begins.

I've mentioned this in the other thread so it's not just something someone mentioned and then made me think of how bad it was...it's actually a sequence that really does make me cringe everytime I think of X-men 3: The Danger Room sequence. The length, the execution, how none of the characters (aside from Wolvie) did anything. The fact that it was spoiled on Jay, and played out exactly how it played out on the show doesn't help matters.

X-Maniac said:
Some amazing differences in opinion in here. It just goes to show how individual and personal some complaints can be. There is no pattern to these posts at all. I find it amazing that what one X-fan finds brilliant is what another finds terrible.
I was thinking the same thing... :yellow:

-TNC

X3-Danger Room
X3-"...you don't want to be here..."
X3-Magneto freeing MM and Juggernaut (hated it how they just joined the brotherhood without knowing what it was and Juggernaut's lines)
X2-Mystique and Logan's tent scene

Angel's entire two-scene storyline in TLS was unspeakably lame, and Mystique vs. Wolverine in X-Men, for some reason, I thought it looked more like wild swinging than a fight sequence.

Everything else was great, though.

X-Maniac said:

:up: Agreed.

*I wasn't fond of the scene where Mystique becomes human. It was all too quick, and the look Mystique gave right before she fell, was so over-the-top, cheese :p Magneto's reaction afterwards was even more horrible. :o

*Also the Jean/Scott scene. It was...awkward, and way too rushed. "How...." "I don't know...." *kiss* *die* :rolleyes: James Marsden and Famke are good actors, but the acting in that scene seemed bad. I felt no chemistry, or true emotion...probably because the actors didn't agree with the scene, I dunno...

*Angel saving his dad...just too perfect timing, and cheesy :/ I think if they would've shown a clip or two of Angel in the area, seeing what's happening (before saving his dad) it would've worked better.

X1

Jean Vs Toad - like come on....they could have had her throw the spit back at him before it hit her.

Storm Vs Toad - meh

X2

Most of stryker's scenes were boring...

Too much of Wolverine fighting during the mansion attack. Colossus and Iceman could have helped ALOT than what we saw of them do.

X3

Danger room - too rushed- again, I would have liked to see the X-Men fight together towards the end of the scene against the robot...

Jean rising - Okay. we saw a glimpse of her rising out of the lake but again it would have been a nice touch to have seen her fully rise from her watery grave. I didn't like how she appeared just like that in front of Scott and plus, their reunion was just too damn short. wtf.

Most of the president scenes I found boring.

I gotta admit, Jean rising towards the end was cheesy. lol. but the way she landed on the bridge was a nice touch especially the evil look... lol... everything after that was mind blowing but the part when we see her move in the air makes me laugh and wish they had done it properly.

The Final battle - too rushed. Could have been longer.

I agree with the scene between Logan and Storm in the bedroom... -sighs- it seems like the scenes from X2 of her and Jean together have no real meaning- as if their friendship to one another never existed.

The ending- Logan's ending was cheesy... i'd prefer if he left the mansion and go back to being a loner as he always was...

There may be more but those are it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"