Hype Survivor: Mods vs Members - Day Seven: It does come in black!

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
165870_10150983803596788_1576762005_n.jpg

Matt has been on a tear, members and mods are dropping like flies! but fear not as the good cop host is here to present day 7!. Sadly for Sage, Dr. Evil and Kane they will not be here to bask in the manly glow and breathe in the musky scent of day 7 as they got booted.

I'd love to post something here that cleverly intertwined The Dark Knight Rises into this opening waffle but alas I got nothing :(....So here's the skinny! the 411! the scuttlebutt! on day 7.......It's Merge time!

Yes, that means no more tribes, it's every man, woman and Hobbit for themselves, time to test how strong those alliances you've been building truly are! :sus

THE RULES:

The Game

Hype! Survivor is a game of strategy, deception, and skill. Alliances are both permitted and encouraged. Make no allies or make many allies, it's all up to you. There are many different ways to win this game. Masterminding, forethought, and hard work are the keys to success. Laziness and ineffective play will both be exposed and punished. Although being lazy may be a strategy, not participating at all is not. If the players and hosts feel at any time that a certain player is no longer participating, they can be removed from the game without warning.

As a side note: alliances can be with any of the players. It doesn't matter who they are nor what tribe they're on, just make sure it's someone you trust...or not. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer!

Challenges

Each tribe (or individual) will receive an immunity challenge for each game “day.” Instructions for challenges will be explained for each challenge. Some challenges may require judging, some may be trivia, some may be skill. Expect a variety for your playing pleasure. The tribe (or person) who does the best, wins immunity and is therefore safe from elimination that round.

Tribal Council

During the team portion of the game, the tribe who performed best at the end of the 'immunity challenge' (or round) wins immunity. The losing tribes will then go to “Tribal Council” and vote to eliminate 1 player from the game. They will be able to eliminate ANYONE from one of the losing tribe of the immunity challenge. Only the losing tribe gets to vote. The player with the MOST VOTES is removed from the game.

In the case of a tie at tribal council, there will be a tie-breaker challenge between the players with the most votes. The winner of the tie-breaker will determine who stays. During the solo portion of the game a tie-breaker challenge will also be used. The player who does the best on the tie-breaker will be allowed to stay, the other player will be eliminated.

In order to have your votes counted, please send them to both Matt and Hunter Rider. Please do NOT send your votes in to any other name. You will only have one chance to vote. There will be no changing your vote once your vote is cast. Vote carefully! If you do not send in a vote in the given time frame, IT WILL COUNT AGAINST YOU. Meaning, it will be a vote for yourself.

Hosts

Your hosts have gone to great lengths to ensure fairness. Merges, shuffles, and so on have been set in place. Only the hosts will know about these days in advance. There will be additional twists and turns throughout the game, so do not get too cozy.

At times, individual judgment calls will need to be made. We understand that players will not always see eye-to-eye with hosts. HOWEVER, the hosts word is final. There will be no negotiating hard and fast rules, but all cases will be fairly heard. Rest assured, hosts will be fair and neutral at all times and work with one another to come up with optimal solutions to your problems.

Furthermore, there are additional rules (for the host's eyes only). These have been set in place to help us with matters that may or may not arise. Please consult hosts before assuming anything. They may be able to help you out if you have a question.

Jury

The final Jury will be composed of seven people (everyone voted off from the remaining nine players who didn't make the finals). The Jury will then vote FOR WHO THEY THINK SHOULD WIN of the final two remaining players so we can crown the winner of the Hype! Survivor.

Cheating

A note on cheating: It's very easy to cheat in this game. Very, very easy. Some of the rounds will be much more difficult to cheat at than others (some will be downright impossible to cheat on). Regardless, hosts have ways of catching you and sometimes will even set up traps for you. If you feel you have to cheat, by all means, go ahead. But, if you're caught, you WILL be penalized. Again, specific rules of what's legal or not will be in each challenge PM.

One thing that is certainly NOT lawful under any circumstances is sharing usernames. Hosts have the ability to check IPs, and if you are caught sharing usernames then a severe penalty will be handed out. Please be mindful of only using your OWN username for this game.

Team Forum

During the team portion of the game, all tribes will have their own subforum. This is where they can brainstorm on all challenges and leave notes for the rest of their team. Each of these will require a password to use. The password will be changed every time someone is eliminated from your tribe. Each team member will be given the password to their own forum. However, these is no rule against sharing passwords with other teams. That is a legitimate strategy, and all players should be weary of it.

Team Captain

A team captain will be chosen before the start of each new challenge. The team captain is responsible for submitting challenge answers or tasks. If they cannot do so during that time frame, they must post who will do so in their team forum or by sending a pm to BOTH hosts.

Moderators

I know mods have certain abilities they can't turn off. But, do not use mod powers to your advantage. This includes using the washroom, IP tracking, etc. Ask me to do all that stuff. Abuse of mod powers will be punished.

Misc.

Whilst these rules are set as the guidelines for this game, each challenge will set the rules for that specific day. What may be cheating one day, may not be another day. Reading is fundamental. Make sure you familiarize yourself with this information, and those in the challenges as well. Please note that at times an announcement might be needed to amend the existing rules of this game, or the rules in the challenge. Please look for these and note them. Each day is marked by a new challenge.

You'll be getting the challenge PM on Monday as everyone wants the delay for TDKR weekend, after then as Survivor is in ashes you'll have my permission to play! :rimshot:

Deshi Deshi Basara Basara!

That is all.

Hey guys, just a heads up. Next challenge will start tomorrow.

I'd just like to point out that it is my belief that Spider-Fan, IseeSpidey, sml, and ParkerWayne... and maybe Kane... should have all formed a Spider-Man alliance.

Missed opertunities people... Missed opertunities.

The past week has been nuts for me and this coming week will likely be the same. I'll see what I can do on making a good show of this challenge though.

I have another short comicbook story debuting at NYCC in an anthology called ICONIC III that I had to do edits for. Then I got the proof in for my first novel, Cicada Song, that I had to read and edit and resubmit. Available in paperback very soon!!!! Then I got in the proof for the paperback of my second novel, a children's novel staring my daughters, called The Adventures of Flitter & Plank. I'm reading through and editing that one now. Add all this to keeping up with my self-given writing deadlines and my days are shot.

Within the next two weeks I'll have read through both of my books twice in less than a month, edited them, transfered edits to my manuscript, and submitted them for paperback publication (to be sold on Amazon.com, where the eBooks are currently being sold). I also write on my next book every day and work on edits for the first book I ever finished in prepartion for publication.

I'm having a blast but good god do I feel strapped for time!

I'd just like to point out that it is my belief that Spider-Fan, IseeSpidey, sml, and ParkerWayne... and maybe Kane... should have all formed a Spider-Man alliance.

:funny: I hadn't even thought of that.

Team Spidey! :spidey:

I was booted from my first (or maybe it was my second) Survivor by a Bat Boards Alliance. Back then, it was no where near as crazy as it is now. :GoodOldDaySyndrome:

Last edited:
So is it a fantasy thing for teenagers to have sex on school grounds? That's twice now I've seen it while working. Get a room people! I'm tired of cleaning up your condoms!

maybe its not the students :ninja:

They looked pretty young to me rocking that playground. About 16 or 17. About three years ago I saw what looked like highschool students "scoring" in the end zone at the middle school.

The other condoms that I find almost daily are up in the air but those two incidents were definately students somewhere between middle school and high school.

And I'm just going to come out and say it... I suck at these challenges. Everything looks familiar but nothing's certain.

What kind of world do we live in where middle school children are sexually active? My daughter is getting home schooled. :(

It's sad how often stories like these are told in the school system. People walking in on students doing it in places, afterschool, etc. The teachers who are close to kids get the students asking how to go about getting protection, etc.

I swear, everyone was a lot dorkier when I was in school.

Nah, I'm my own alliance. :batman:

WOOHOO!!!

I hope all you mods don't mind but since a lot of you are close friends I thought I'd post it here.

My first novel, a romantic suspense called Cicada Song, is now available for purchase in paperback!

It's available at createspace HERE and will be available at Amazon in about a week or so.

Just in case anyone's interested.

I'll also be having my children's novel, the Adventures of Flitter & Plank, available within the next week or two. It stars my daughters, who also helped me plan the story and drew pictures for the beginning of each chapter. :)

Last edited:
Congrats man. I know you have been working very hard on those and it is amazing to see your hard work pay off. Very happy for you and count me in on purchasing both. :up:

Thank you, sir. With Cicada Song completely finished now I can focus on getting Flitter & Plank wrapped up. That'll free up time to get some major writing done on the epic fantasy I'm working on as well as massive amount of edits that are needing to be done on my first finished novel. I kinda sorta sucked back then. It's almost not worth editing to be honest, but I just loved the story and characters so much I'd hate to leave it sitting in a drawer.

Well done JewHob! :) :up: I like the sound of your book as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"