Hype's I Love Sushi thread (don't be scurred)

Yes Erz, you have my permission to do that... but I do it standing up, not sitting down.

I'm not blessed with the Spaniard last name... mine is verily Chineesy.

Haha... you got the first two letters of my last name right. :up:

Soon-Tofu.

Seafood style with spicy hot redness.

Alot of their side-dishes are all red. Have you tried Nong-Shim bowl noodles, Korean-style ramen? Your tongue burns from the too much picante.

I've tried it. I enjoy the taste of excessive spiciness rather than my tongue burning, because when you are eating the spiciness just about everyday, you get used to it.

:up:

I made the first Asian Lounge and since it was Morgered, I refuse to start another one again.

Anywho, I'm a Pacific Islander now. :o I learned that at a Museum the other day.

Most of my Filipino friends never refer to themselves as just Pacific Islander. They usually just refer to themselves as Asians. I guess it's just like people in India. India is in Asia, yet they are in the same jumbled mix as Arabic/Middle Eastern. I guess your ass needs to be Samoan to be a Pacific Islander.

:o

Are you calling the Museum of Natural History liars? :huh:

And I think it's just overall Westerner characterization since Philippines is so close to China, Japan, etc. and people want to just lump it all together.

Pacific%20Islands%20map-cleaned%20--Keegan%20and%20Diamond.jpg

No, I know that technically, Filipinos are Pacific Islanders. It's just that you rarely see a Filipino be like "No, I am NOT Asian. I'm from a Pacific Islander, fool." I was also being sarcastic about the Samoan thing, Erz.

:o

I know. It's pseudo-sushi. For someone who only likes California Rolls, what real sushi would you recommend?

Sorry to take so long to respond. But, I have tried many a-sushi and pretty much only get one kind, now.

Salmon. Just plain salmon.

Get a salmon roll, or salmon sushi. And you won't be disappointed.

i LOVE sushi, its probly my favorite food, and as far as plain sushi goes, id say that ebi is my favorite. not the sweet shrimp, just the regular.

there are just too many rolls out there to pick a favorite, especially since every bar has their own specialties, but i would say the spicy tuna roll is a safe bet, california rolls are just waaay too overrated. theyre like the mcdonalds product of sushi.

I just can't eat tuna... it has no flavor for me. I'm with Geo in that I love salmon. It's texture is not as "mushy" as tuna and it has much more flavor IMO. Great fish for sushi.

I love Japanese food but sushi not so much. It's not that don't like it at all but i see it as a h'ordeurve while i'm waiting for the main course.

I would recommend trying Tempura Yam rolls if you haven't already. They are FANTASTIC.

I'm just going to have to learn how to make Sushi because I love it so much. Maybe you should too Johann.

I recently found out that this sushi place near work delivers! They even let you keep this faux wooden sushi boat! I'm starting a collection. :D

If sushi were women, I'd be a polygamist.

I just love how the fish rolls in my tongue, and the gentle nibble of the wasabi. The way the flavor tickles my lips as i bite into an unagi. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

The things I would do to a sushi if it were a woman.

Wasabe yes, soy sauce no.

Uni only when it's fresh, otherwise it's horrible.

Tried herring roe only once, and it was great, but expensive.

Tuna, salmon, all the "normal" fishes I love, but my favorite is Tako (octopus).

Never had lobster sashimi, mainly for the expense, but it's on my to-do list.

Have any of you had ACTUAL wasabe that isn't the paste stuff most places use?

Also, Tako is excellent.

Those sound divine, but they don't make them at that restaurant I like to order my Sushi from. :(

You should ask them if they can. Most places will make it upon request if they make Tempura Yam in general, it doesn't take much to turn it into a roll:up:

You should ask them if they can. Most places will make it upon request if they make Tempura Yam in general, it doesn't take much to turn it into a roll:up:

Be careful. My sister was a waitress at a real old-school sushi bar, where the Japanese chef absolutely refused to make yam tempura roll. When the front-of-house manager practically commanded him to do so to accomodate some vegetarian customers, they actually got into a physical altercation. Seriously.

I recently found out that this sushi place near work delivers! They even let you keep this faux wooden sushi boat! I'm starting a collection. :D

You lucky bastard! I wish I could find a place that delivered sushi... but I'd have to try it at the restaurant first just to check the quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"