"I am DOOM! What MODS Dare Stand Against Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1993 deal between Marvel and FOX was a licensing agreement - not a sale. Marvel retained an ownership interest in the box office and both parties agreed to a reversion period. Marvel didn't sell the rights in full to the X-Men and FF character families and wipe their hands of them.

FOX filed a claim that the "Mutant X" TV show was harmful to the studios cinematic efforts. Though FOX lost the appeal, both parties eventually settled. Disney/Marvel appears to have a similary strong case regarding FFINO's potential to harm Marvel's First Family.

How? They cancelled it the CB...you can't harm something that isn't being published anymore.

Or...here is a thought...how about we bring the characters to life the way they are in the comics....wow! Its so crazy it just might work...oh that would require Marvel to do it...sorry Fox give it up!!!

You clearly didn't read the post, did you? That or I'll take it as Trapster should be initially called Paste Pot Pete in the film, Diablo would still use medieval alchemy and Puppet Master would still have his powers tied to franchises that Fox doesn't own the rights to?

And keep in mind that I suggested no major changes to Galactus, Super Skrull, Silver Surfer, Terrax, Blaaster, Terminus or Wizard and only some minor changes to Annihilus, Mole Man and Mad Thinker.

Mole Man just gets mole people dwelling in subways as part of Subterrania, Annihilus is just human sized underneath his armor and Mad Thinker only gets his real name revealed. Plus my idea for Doom is one that's still Doctor Doom just with a slightly changed backstory but every element of his background, personality, motivations, weapons, etc would be unchanged. He'd still be Doctor Doom, he'd just get his mask in a different way. And just as Doom would be more fleshed out, Galactus would have his past shrouded in mystery.

How? They cancelled it the CB...you can't harm something that isn't being published anymore.

Whether the FF book is actively being published or not is beside the point. Disney/Marvel is going to use the characters at some point in the future and it is in the company's interest to not have an outside party harm the IP.

I don't know if Disney/Marvel has a case, and if they would pursue it if they did, but I think this has the potential to get messy.

Whether the FF book is actively being published or not is beside the point. Disney/Marvel is going to use the characters at some point in the future and it is in the company's interest to not have an outside party harm the IP.

I don't know if Disney/Marvel has a case, and if they would pursue it if they did, but I think this has the potential to get messy.

I don't think they have a case, Fox can do whatever they want with the characters.

I don't think that fact is going to inspire a lot of confidence...
Well.. just saying.

The cast, the crew, the premise of the movie, literally everything people have said about it, the complete lack of official promotion.
Oh my God.. seriously? the cast? the premise? other than pissing off 616 F4 fans, those things literally have nothing to do with how this movie performs at the box office. once this movie amps up promotion, there's a chance this movie can still be a box office hit, regardless of what F4 fanboys think.
And that movie totally sucked ass. What's your point?
What the hell does the movie "sucking ass" (your opinion btw) have to do with my point? my point is: TMNT came out August (F4 is coming out August) and the trailer came out only five months before the film's release, another thing worthy to note, is that before the trailer's release, there was a serious lack of promotion. so we could be looking at a similar situation with Fantastic Four.

Oh my God.. seriously? the cast? the premise? other than pissing off 616 F4 fans, those things literally have nothing to do with how this movie performs at the box office. once this movie amps up promotion, there's a chance this movie can still be a box office hit, regardless of what F4 fanboys think.

And boy I cannot WAIT for that.

What the hell does the movie "sucking ass" (your opinion btw) have to do with my point? my point is: TMNT came out August (F4 is coming out August) and the trailer came out only five months before the film's release, another thing worthy to note, is that before the trailer's release, there was a serious lack of promotion. so we could be looking at a similar situation with Fantastic Four.

You're adorable.

I'll spell it out for you:

Movie studios hide bad movies from public view until the last possible moment. Say...5 months before the film is released.

Movie studios promote GOOD movies year+ in advance.

I don't think they have a case, Fox can do whatever they want with the characters.

They don't have a case. I'm sure the Disney legal Dept went over everything in the deal between Marvel and FOX with a fine tooth comb, heck even Sony to see if their is any loophole what so ever. Marvel didn't do a good deal. I think if they had just an option that said the studios can't alter the characters to the point that it could hurt there comic counterparts by having drastically different characters who just share the same name then all would be well and Marvel would have a leg to stand on. Right now, theirs no hope. FOX is free to do what ever they won't with the Xmen and F4.

Look what I found. :funny:

UmxQW3G.jpg

Is that a Fantastic Four movie poster in the background?

Well.. just saying.

Oh my God.. seriously? the cast? the premise? other than pissing off 616 F4 fans, those things literally have nothing to do with how this movie performs at the box office. once this movie amps up promotion, there's a chance this movie can still be a box office hit, regardless of what F4 fanboys think. What the hell does the movie "sucking ass" (your opinion btw) have to do with my point? my point is: TMNT came out August (F4 is coming out August) and the trailer came out only five months before the film's release, another thing worthy to note, is that before the trailer's release, there was a serious lack of promotion. so we could be looking at a similar situation with Fantastic Four.

Considering those are the fans that the studio MAKING A COMIC BOOK ADAPTATION MOVIE at the very least could respect the source material and would try and please (just a little). As far as the rest of your post....good box office does not always equal good movie.

Anyone here saying ANYTHING about the BO is only speculating, that happens a lot around here. We speculate on things like that...

But, none of that has ANYTHING to do with whether or not this is a good Fantastic Four movie that pulls from all, a few, or one of the comics. Thus far, there is very little, if anything out there that has been seen or said that points to it being a great Fantastic Four movie, which is what ANY FAN OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR would/should want. It is just stupid, to say..."WELL, IT COULD BE A GOOD MOVIE, GOOD BOX OFFICE TAKE ETC." So what? That has absolutely "zero" to do with what fans would like to see and talk about in this forum....a "Fantastic Four Forum". This is a CB forum, therefore it is natural that the MAJORITY of the people on this forum are FANS OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR COMIC. You can either "understand" that or not...but if you don't at the least consider that, then you will be beating your head against the wall. You can type, and type, and type, and type all you want. But, it is VERY OBVIOUS, that this director, writers, etc...really don't have any desire to put forth a solid FANTASTIC FOUR COMIC BOOK ADAPTATION...no desire whatsoever. The fans of the comic have come to terms with that, but are still upset, and therefore are going to let their opinions be known on a forum about THE FANTASTIC FOUR COMIC BOOK HEROES...I am sorry that you are really excited about this movie...it might be a good thing to find some forums of the actors in the movie, I'm sure that a much more positive vibe can be found there. But, a positive vibe IS NOT going to be found here, it is what it is....but nothing anyone can say is going to change that...your fingers are going to fall off before that happens. Sad? yes, Sucks? yes...but I can assure you the fans of the Fantastic Four are far more upset than you are....FAR MORE.

Last edited:
At the end of the movie, Doom is redeemed and becomes Mod. He will aid the newly formed Future Foundation by creating their website and moderating the discussion therein.

If there isn't an internet company called domain.shev in the movie, I'm quitting on the spot.

Last edited:
I was ALMOST on board with this news.

I mean, yeah, admittedly Victor von Doom was always kind of a silly and insultingly obvious "real name" for a villain (van Damme wasn't much better), and Domashev isn't the worst replacement they could have come up with. And yeah, it does make sense that someone from an Eastern European country should have an accent that matches. All of those are fine.

And then. "Anti-social programmer". "On blogging sites I'm Doom".

Honestly, between that, the accent, and him presumably having a huge ego, I'm picturing this:

tumblr_lpxorpYF561qc7geho1_500.gif

I can't be the first one to have made that joke.

And then. "Anti-social programmer". "On blogging sites I'm Doom".

Honestly, between that, the accent, and him presumably having a huge ego, I'm picturing this:

tumblr_lpxorpYF561qc7geho1_500.gif

I can't be the first one to have made that joke.

I think you are. Congratulations!:woot:

Lol. Maybe Doom is really like Boris. Kebell doesn't look that far different from him. :woot:

So now Doom needs a little pen to twirl around and keep pressing the button at the top.

And maybe he gets his metal "suit" when molten metal rains down on him in the midst of a meltdown:

goldeneye-boris-i-am-invincible-alan-cummin.jpg

Then he needs to wrap the green scarf around his head.

Black Nerd Comedy video about Domashev.

[YT]/watch?v=iSxfL1keKO0[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity