I don't see how it's possible for Marvel to do Civil War properly...

Cameron77

Civilian
Reaction score
Ever since Civil War was announced I have been thinking that it is a terrible move by Marvel. What great Phase 4/5 material it would have been. Instead it is being stuffed in before Infinity War.

Here are my predictions:

- This movie is just going to basically be Cap VS Iron Man, not an all out war.

- They will make up for the fact that they are jumping the gun on this by using it to introduce Spidey. Everyone will be so thrilled they will forget the fact that this "war" has about 6 heroes in it.

Lets analyze potential heroes and villains in this "WAR":

- Cap
- Iron Man
- Black Widow
- Hawkeye (maybe)
- Spider Man
- Scarlett Witch
- Ant Man
- Black Panther (highly doubtful that he'll be in costume much)
- Vision
- Falcon
- War machine
- Hulk (doubtful)
- Thor (doubtful)

This is a skirmish, a bar fight, not a war. I am seriously wondering how on earth they can portray this as a civil war and not have it be laughable or a disappointment when your average Joe movie fan goes to see it and expects an actual war. In the comics, you have hundreds of heroes and villains fighting.

Because they are jumping the gun on Civil War, here are the heroes (and villains) they are leaving out of this:

All of the Inhumans
All of the Guardians
Captain Marvel
Fully fleshed out Black Panther
Dr. Strange
Thor (pretty sure he'll be dealing with Ragnarok)
Hulk (pretty sure on this too)

Thats roughly about 8 characters from Inhumans, 8 from GOG, and an additional 4-5 individuals NOT counting the other heroes and villains they would no doubt introduce once they have their own movies. Nearly 20-40 characters that will either not be in it at all or MAY suprise with a small cameo. Now I get it, some of these films don't hit for 3 years.

TL DR

My point is that they are jumping the gun. Civil War could be a 2 part movie and the next big thing they push after Infinity War. I don't understand why they are rushing to do this.

Can someone please explain how they can possibly do this even justice?

I think they shouldve done
Iron Man 4: Civil War
and then
Captain America 3: Civil War
to give more screentime for more devlopment and such.

One huge spoiler is that Cap lives, Evans dropped it when he said he shoots IW 1 & 2 back to back.

My major concern is that the source material for this, the Civil War of the comics, sucked majorly and butchered the character of Tony Stark. It was a horrible, horrible gimmicky storyline. So the farthest they get from that in the film, the better.

One huge spoiler is that Cap lives, Evans dropped it when he said he shoots IW 1 & 2 back to back.

That's not a confirmation that he lives at all. If they do any sort of flash back, time travel (remember, the Time Gem will be involved), etc. he could still die in Civil War.

That's not a confirmation that he lives at all. If they do any sort of flash back, time travel (remember, the Time Gem will be involved), etc. he could still die in Civil War.

He said he shoots for 9 months, doubt a flashback would take that long.

He said he shoots for 9 months, doubt a flashback would take that long.

They have lied many many times before to keep people from figuring everything out prior to the movies coming out. Him saying anything means literally nothing.

He also seemed to be talking about the total filming time for IW.

They have lied many many times before to keep people from figuring everything out prior to the movies coming out. Him saying anything means literally nothing.

He also seemed to be talking about the total filming time for IW.

It does, he's an actor, he's not going to lie about his availability for surprise purposes.

It does, he's an actor, he's not going to lie about his availability for surprise purposes.

Sorry but that is not true. Actors have a contractual responsibility to keep certain things under wraps for the larger company that they are working for.

The same way that Ruffalo might not be able to say if he's getting a solo movie and if he was, he could be contractually bound to not say anything about it or to throw people off about what he might be involved in.

Contracts exist for a reason and these studios have to be mindful of marketing and generating hype. I mean, for God's sake they just lied when they did the reveal of Captain America 3. They put a false title up "Serpent Society". They then revealed it's true name later. It's the same marketing concept.

You're grasping at straws. Evans says he shoots infinity war for 9 months, that means he shoots Infinity War for nine months. There is no conspiracy to trick the audience, just factual reporting.

Because they are jumping the gun on Civil War, here are the heroes (and villains) they are leaving out of this:

All of the Inhumans
All of the Guardians
Captain Marvel
Dr. Strange

Why would the Guardians be involved? This is purely Earth politics. Similarly, I don't see Thor or Dr. Strange having a dog in this fight either.

And we don't quite know the scale of this conflict. It will surely spill over onto the two Agents of Shield series, both of which should have a large number of metahumans and Inhumans who will be involved in the civil war while Tony and Steve are punching it out on the big screen.

You're grasping at straws. Evans says he shoots infinity war for 9 months, that means he shoots Infinity War for nine months. There is no conspiracy to trick the audience, just factual reporting.

Well he doesn't say he shoots for nine months he says that the movies themselves are a total shoot time of 9 months. If a scene involves, say, Iron Man and Thor, do you think Chris Evans goes out to the set location with them?

He could very easily have a few scenes peppered into various sections of the IF sequels.

To say that because he mentions the shooting length of IF to be 9 months and that he's involved means that he doesn't die in CW is, to me, REALLY jumping to a conclusion. These producers, directors, and writes very often times deny things to throw the fans off and leave some surprises when the films actually release.

It won't be done "properly". It'll be an incredibley loose adaption verging on INO-status. Likely the only thing accurate will be Iron Mans side vs Caps side

This won't be like the comics at all. It will be a totally different take for cinematic purposes and will be more confined to just one film. And its just serving as the premise for another ensemble film that will likely make a cool billion at the box office. The only over arcing story they seem to be focused on for the first 3 phases is Infinity Wars.

I really enjoyed the book. My issue is that the most interesting part of it revolved around F4, who will definitely not be present in the movie.

The rumours I've seen is that he dies in Civil War and is resurrected (maybe only temporarily) for IW. Maybe with an Infinity Stone.

As for the OP, there's plenty of ways for them to do this justice. A film can only have so many characters in it, even a two part film. As it is we have about twenty characters confirmed or likely to be in this film. Even though they're not billing this as an Avengers film, this is pretty much as big as Civil War was ever going to get. And a film with lots of characters is not necessarily better - you risk losing focus.

Essentially they're focusing primarily on 4 characters - Captain America, Iron Man, Black Panther and The Winter Soldier.

It won't be done "properly". It'll be an incredibley loose adaption verging on INO-status.

Since when does this bother you? If anything Fox-men/fake4 fans should be on board with no questions asked.

I'm willing to give CW-INO a shot despite not following Millar's stuff. Call it progress :woot:

Ever since Civil War was announced I have been thinking that it is a terrible move by Marvel. What great Phase 4/5 material it would have been. Instead it is being stuffed in before Infinity War.

Here are my predictions:

- This movie is just going to basically be Cap VS Iron Man, not an all out war.

- They will make up for the fact that they are jumping the gun on this by using it to introduce Spidey. Everyone will be so thrilled they will forget the fact that this "war" has about 6 heroes in it.

Lets analyze potential heroes and villains in this "WAR":

- Cap
- Iron Man
- Black Widow
- Hawkeye (maybe)
- Spider Man
- Scarlett Witch
- Ant Man
- Black Panther (highly doubtful that he'll be in costume much)
- Vision
- Falcon
- War machine
- Hulk (doubtful)
- Thor (doubtful)

This is a skirmish, a bar fight, not a war. I am seriously wondering how on earth they can portray this as a civil war and not have it be laughable or a disappointment when your average Joe movie fan goes to see it and expects an actual war. In the comics, you have hundreds of heroes and villains fighting.

All of the Inhumans
All of the Guardians
Captain Marvel
Dr. Strange

Thats roughly about 8 characters from Inhumans, 8 from GOG, and an additional 4-5 individuals NOT counting the other heroes and villains they would no doubt introduce once they have their own movies. Nearly 20-40 characters that will either not be in it at all or MAY suprise with a small cameo. Now I get it, some of these films don't hit for 3 years.

TL DR

My point is that they are jumping the gun. Civil War could be a 2 part movie and the next big thing they push after Infinity War. I don't understand why they are rushing to do this.

Can someone please explain how they can possibly do this even justice?

besides since the MCU subscribes to the erroneous idea that secret identities are obsolete there is no point to them reusing the title since in the MCU the heroes have PUBLIC IDS

The rumours I've seen is that he dies in Civil War and is resurrected (maybe only temporarily) for IW. Maybe with an Infinity Stone.

We already know the pattern of the Marvel movies...

Marvel+fixed+seen+at+http+wwwfunnyjunkcom+channel+marvel+marvel+movies+in+a+nutshell+yxdnllk_51c398_5274828.jpg

Captain America: Civil War: Captain America dies, but not really.

besides since the MCU subscribes to the erroneous idea that secret identities are obsolete there is no point to them reusing the title since in the MCU the heroes have PUBLIC IDS

It's been said multiple times by now that Civil War is not going to be about secret identities so I don't know why people insist on using this train of logic again and again.

It's not going to be just like the comics. There hasn't been a single MCU movie that hasn't significantly changed or altered at least a few things from the books.

We already know the pattern of the Marvel movies...

Marvel+fixed+seen+at+http+wwwfunnyjunkcom+channel+marvel+marvel+movies+in+a+nutshell+yxdnllk_51c398_5274828.jpg

Captain America: Civil War: Captain America dies, but not really.

I agree it's a problem with the MCU. And there's even rumours that:

Quicksilver may come back.

They need permanent character deaths to make things impactful, but if Cap's resurrection is only temporary his death will achieve that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"