I don't see how it's possible for Marvel to do Civil War properly...

For those who are saying that quicksilver might come back, I think you are ignoring what else happened in the movie. Wanda says to Ultron that it felt like he ripped her heart out, and the middle name of bartons kid is clearly a nod to the fact that he is dead.

I doubt that he comes back barring a infinity gauntlet revival of a bunch of characters, where they do some cameo screen pan of all the characters going up against thanos in some ultimate finale.

One thing that I find amusing is that people complain about Marvel not killing their characters off for good, but then people complain that they didn't want quicksilver to die. I understand that he was under developed, and that you want to see more of him, but this line of thinking creates a paradox of sorts for those making the movie.

Hopefully Civil War gives us a preview for the tone of Infinity War because personally, I want the finale to be taken a little more seriously than the first 2 avengers films, and I hope that the russo brothers give us that for all of their films.

We already know the pattern of the Marvel movies...

Marvel+fixed+seen+at+http+wwwfunnyjunkcom+channel+marvel+marvel+movies+in+a+nutshell+yxdnllk_51c398_5274828.jpg

Captain America: Civil War: Captain America dies, but not really.

Daredevil: Ben Urich dies.....and still dead; same for Owlsley Sr.

IM 3: Of course Pepper lives. You honestly thought they'd keep her dead unlike her comic counterpart in all her Rescue glory? C'mon son

Last edited:
For those who are saying that quicksilver might come back, I think you are ignoring what else happened in the movie. Wanda says to Ultron that it felt like he ripped her heart out, and the middle name of bartons kid is clearly a nod to the fact that he is dead.

I doubt that he comes back barring a infinity gauntlet revival of a bunch of characters, where they do some cameo screen pan of all the characters going up against thanos in some ultimate finale.

One thing that I find amusing is that people complain about Marvel not killing their characters off for good, but then people complain that they didn't want quicksilver to die. I understand that he was under developed, and that you want to see more of him, but this line of thinking creates a paradox of sorts for those making the movie.

Hopefully Civil War gives us a preview for the tone of Infinity War because personally, I want the finale to be taken a little more seriously than the first 2 avengers films, and I hope that the russo brothers give us that for all of their films.

Just because Wanda is grieving doesn't mean Pietro won't be revived. If that was the case The Avengers wouldn't have rallied as a team over Coulsons death because he would be coming back with his own TV series. I have a small feeling that Pietro may even have a part in the Inhumans movie.

Isn't Whedon off the films now? Means Feige can plumb AoS now that the cranky ginger is out of the picture. That adds a slew of Inhumans (including Quake), Graviton, Crusher Creel, Mr. Hyde and probably a bunch of others I've missed. Plus the show is really getting into the "Index, or not-to-Index territory".

Which would be relevant, if and only if you didn't read what Whedon actually said. Feige has always been free to yank stuff from Aos, its just not been practical or relevant. Probably still won't be.

Yeah, Feige is in charge of Marvel Studios. Whedon did not somehow usurp his crown. The only way he could ever sway Feige is by convincing Feige of his point, and once someone sees that you're right, they don't suddenly change their view when you go away. Also, Feige is the one who has problems with AoS' existence.

And no, it's not possible to do Civil War "properly" which is, imho, a very very good thing. Civil War was a mess, and got by on exploiting the kind of infighting we get every Avengers movie anyway, and turning Tony Stark inexplicably sociopathic. I'd much rather an adaptation that's more... measured. Tony Stark, as we know, can field as many 'soldiers' as needed for the scale. The thing I'm more concerned about it is being another Cap vs the Government like Cap 2.

Also, Captain America being in Infinity War isn't proof that he survives Civil War. He died after the Civil War in comics, and he is in the Infinity War in comics. No reason movies can't do the same thing.

Also, Feige is the one who has problems with AoS' existence.

I'm not sure that's true anymore.

Spoilers for Age of Ultron and Agents of SHIELD:
When asked about how Fury got the Helicarrier, he responded by saying "you'll have to tune into Agents of SHIELD to find that answer." That's showing an acceptance of Agents of SHIELD and that it is a useful tie-in program to help fill in the gaps.

We already know the pattern of the Marvel movies...

Marvel+fixed+seen+at+http+wwwfunnyjunkcom+channel+marvel+marvel+movies+in+a+nutshell+yxdnllk_51c398_5274828.jpg

Captain America: Civil War: Captain America dies, but not really.

Always hated stuff like this.

How many swerves/fake deaths did we get in the new Batman trilogy.

Coulson's death is probably the only real dead and then not dead situation. The rest in the MCU are all story related.

Which would be relevant, if and only if you didn't read what Whedon actually said. Feige has always been free to yank stuff from Aos, its just not been practical or relevant. Probably still won't be.

Sounds to me that Feige kept on giving into Joss Whedon's demands because he directed the first Avengers, which was a huge box office hit. But then the Russo brothers came in, did Cap 2, which was a huge success, critically and financially compared to the first one, and now Feige saw his exit strategy, and finally had the balls to start confronting Whedon on what his absolutes for the movie and AOS were. I guess Whedon in the end didn't like to compromise or be told what to do, so left.....

I'm not sure that's true anymore.

Spoilers for Age of Ultron and Agents of SHIELD:
When asked about how Fury got the Helicarrier, he responded by saying "you'll have to tune into Agents of SHIELD to find that answer." That's showing an acceptance of Agents of SHIELD and that it is a useful tie-in program to help fill in the gaps.

True, I'm sure he accepts it at this point, some two years hence.

True, I'm sure he accepts it at this point, some two years hence.

My understanding from half-remembered interviews is that Feige is a gigantic Inhumans fanboy and was really looking forward to the chance to bring them to the big screen. If I'm recalling correctly I fail to see how it would be possible for Feige to have a dislike for AoS.

Also the main reason they don't tie AoS in is because the first flop they ever produce will be on where the critics are saying that it is a must for you to watch AoS to understand a movie. AoS is a great show but there's no way in hell the general public or the overseas crowd will invest that much time catching up on TV in order to watch a popcorn blockbuster. But it is quite possible to have some cameos and small parts from all these characters that don't require any explanation. Civil War is perfect because they just need to be the equivalent of extras at that point. Quake shows up, blasts someone on the registration side, and then gets blasted out of the scene by Iron Man. Aftermath to follow Tuesday at 9/8 central.

Being an Inhumans fanboy doesn't mean you like the knockoff Inhumans from AoS. Certainly any fans of Blackbolt or Crystal or Attilan are less than thrilled with Afterlife et. al. The same way a lot of Green Arrow fans dislike Arrow.

Here's the thing about your scenario. Someone who isn't caught up on Agents of SHIELD sees Skye use powers and it's a HUUUGE spoiler. Not only that, it also means that, since the movie is shot so much earlier than that episode, the TV show writers can't make any changes to Skye's character or the plot (which happens on TV all the time) because they need her to be in a certain place at a certain time.

It would be cool though if they did it. I'd enjoy it.

Being an Inhumans fanboy doesn't mean you like the knockoff Inhumans from AoS. Certainly any fans of Blackbolt or Crystal or Attilan are less than thrilled with Afterlife et. al. The same way a lot of Green Arrow fans dislike Arrow.

Here's the thing about your scenario. Someone who isn't caught up on Agents of SHIELD sees Skye use powers and it's a HUUUGE spoiler. Not only that, it also means that, since the movie is shot so much earlier than that episode, the TV show writers can't make any changes to Skye's character or the plot (which happens on TV all the time) because they need her to be in a certain place at a certain time.

It would be cool though if they did it. I'd enjoy it.

Someone who still doesn't know Skye has powers by the time Civil War comes out has a pretty big chance of being spoiled no matter what. Even in the case of those people who haven't been, suggesting that a movie can't reference an event that's been public for more than a year is just unreasonable. Also - if all you see in the movie is Skye fighting in the background, then the writers haven't exactly had their hands tied behind their backs. The only thing they have to stick to is that she's safe/still has her powers/likely to pick that side of the civil war/not trapped in a far away place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"