I don't see how it's possible for Marvel to do Civil War properly...

pepper's response to herself must have been
"tony loves this lifestyle ? he must have gonenuts in that cave

I lost my excitement for Marvel epic scale movies like Avengers and now Civil War which is going to be Avengers 2.5.

Which is why i'm not as excited for Civil War. TWS was great because they didn't have A LOT on their plate, almost no juggling required. Focused on 1 guy and 2-3 sidekicks. Civil War is basically an Avengers film STACKED. I feel like that is going to make Civil War the worst rated Cap film.

Ever since Civil War was announced I have been thinking that it is a terrible move by Marvel. What great Phase 4/5 material it would have been. Instead it is being stuffed in before Infinity War.

Here are my predictions:

- This movie is just going to basically be Cap VS Iron Man, not an all out war.

- They will make up for the fact that they are jumping the gun on this by using it to introduce Spidey. Everyone will be so thrilled they will forget the fact that this "war" has about 6 heroes in it.

Lets analyze potential heroes and villains in this "WAR":

- Cap
- Iron Man
- Black Widow
- Hawkeye (maybe)
- Spider Man
- Scarlett Witch
- Ant Man
- Black Panther (highly doubtful that he'll be in costume much)
- Vision
- Falcon
- War machine
- Hulk (doubtful)
- Thor (doubtful)

This is a skirmish, a bar fight, not a war. I am seriously wondering how on earth they can portray this as a civil war and not have it be laughable or a disappointment when your average Joe movie fan goes to see it and expects an actual war. In the comics, you have hundreds of heroes and villains fighting.

Because they are jumping the gun on Civil War, here are the heroes (and villains) they are leaving out of this:

All of the Inhumans
All of the Guardians
Captain Marvel
Fully fleshed out Black Panther
Dr. Strange
Thor (pretty sure he'll be dealing with Ragnarok)
Hulk (pretty sure on this too)

Thats roughly about 8 characters from Inhumans, 8 from GOG, and an additional 4-5 individuals NOT counting the other heroes and villains they would no doubt introduce once they have their own movies. Nearly 20-40 characters that will either not be in it at all or MAY suprise with a small cameo. Now I get it, some of these films don't hit for 3 years.

TL DR

My point is that they are jumping the gun. Civil War could be a 2 part movie and the next big thing they push after Infinity War. I don't understand why they are rushing to do this.

Can someone please explain how they can possibly do this even justice?

would" avengers disassembled " be a better title ?

Could there be a time jump where we see a bunch of new heroes and villains to the point that the government feels its getting out of control?

Could there be a time jump where we see a bunch of new heroes and villains to the point that the government feels its getting out of control?

I feel like at this point there's plenty of characters to do Civil War. Almost too many characters, as there will be a fair few heroes (Thor, Hulk, Defenders) who they won't be using.

Anyway, to answer this question (although I think it's in the wrong forum), I'll say this:

My preference wasn't to do the story now. Not because there aren't enough heroes, but the timing is weird. Not all things have developed enough and it's being squeezed in before Thanos. My ideal story would be a Phase 4 starting with Iron Man 4 and the SHRA, continuing with Spider-Man torn between both sides (who had already been previously introduced in Phase 3) then Captain America following his resistance and ending with an Avengers movie and the death of Steve Rogers. It would follow the comics much more closely.

That being said, they can easily do a Civil War story. The only catch is it isn't the comics story. The biggest change I would make is to not have Spider-Man as the kid in the middle of things. That role makes no sense for him without any groundwork being laid. Instead, Spider-Man would work best as one of the hunted superheroes. That's a role Peter Parker is more comfortable in anyway and it would be a logical role for him in the story where he isn't a long-standing friend to either side. Although the movie's act is more about government control and conscription of superheroes rather than revealing their identities (if you re-read the comics, that was the case too. You had to reveal your identity to the government, not the public and heroes like Wonder Man were forced to go on missions they didn't want to because the government told them to), Spider-Man would be a hero whose desire for secrecy keeps him from embracing the government's side of things.

I agree it's a problem with the MCU. And there's even rumours that:

Quicksilver may come back.

They need permanent character deaths to make things impactful, but if Cap's resurrection is only temporary his death will achieve that.
The multiple picture contract the actor has say, yes he will come back.

The multiple picture contract the actor has say, yes he will come back.

Well that's not technically a guarantee. Hugo Weaving still has films on his contract. Although the reason he isn't coming back is due to a falling out with Marvel so different circumstances of course.

Still, it could just be flashbacks. Or I wouldn't mind an in-depth resurrection process, involving like Doctor Strange and the Time Gem or whatever. But there's been rumours that

Quicksilver is outright just still alive and survived the bullets. That would be really cheap if we weren't told that.

This! And that's a good thing.

This is truth. I am keeping a whole lot of fingers crossed that it will be *very* INO. Maybe along the lines of "Baron Zemo is deliberately exacerbating and exploiting disgruntlement in the governments of the world, Tony admits about two thirds through that he's being an idiot ( again ), and everyone teams up to beat the guy wearing a purple sock on his head. Afterwards, the governments agree to a scaled down 'registration' that Steve Rogers is put in charge of. The End."

One huge spoiler is that Cap lives, Evans dropped it when he said he shoots IW 1 & 2 back to back.
Edit: I see Cameron77 has already covered this pretty well, so I won't bother you by repeating similar stuff. :)

Last edited:
Meh, let'em change the source around.

AOU was nothing like the comic, h3ll the comic sucked anyway and the "Age of" part was more so just to troll Fox and I don't blame them LOL.

Huh, if they could've gotten away with "Days of Ultron" they probably would have.

Since when does this bother you? If anything Fox-men/fake4 fans should be on board with no questions asked.

I'm willing to give CW-INO a shot despite not following Millar's stuff. Call it progress :woot:

:mnm:

The drama of Civil War was the whole brother against brother thing. The Reed / Susan split was a big part of that. It would be interesting if Pepper, now a superhero in her own right, decides to join Cap.

The drama of Civil War was the whole brother against brother thing. The Reed / Susan split was a big part of that. It would be interesting if Pepper, now a superhero in her own right, decides to join Cap.

I'm pretty sure they got rid of her Extremis powers at the end of Iron Man 3.

i'm sure protar is correct

Pepper could still become a superhero by becoming Rescue. She wore the armor in IM3 which seemed like a nod to that. I'd like to see it happen, Gwyneth Paltrow is great in the role of Pepper.

There's still SOME of that if there is a divide between Iron Man and Iron Patriot, albeit not quite to homewrecking levels.

I'd also love to see a recreation of the scene where Punisher casually blows away two villains who joined Cap and Cap beats the ever living crap outta him for it.

I feel like at this point there's plenty of characters to do Civil War. Almost too many characters, as there will be a fair few heroes (Thor, Hulk, Defenders) who they won't be using.

True but since so many people are complaining about the lack of superheroes I think a time jump would easily fix that. They wouldn't need to focus on any of the new heroes but just show us that there has been a huge surge in the SH population. I wouldn't be surprised if we see cameos from Thor, Hulk and a mention of Daredevil as well.

impossible since they are at FOX

Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man and Black Panther are in the same film. Whether they do the comic justice or not, this film will blind everyone by the sheer novelty of the fact that these four characters are in the same film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"