I feel like DC still doesn't know what they're doing

random_havoc

The Golden Guardian
Reaction score
With recent announcement that Black Adam won't even be in Shazam even though they've lined up the friggin Rock to play him and now a Joker origin movie planned I feel like they just dashed my hopes that DC's movie division with its reworked executives set up might know what they're doing now.

If the Joker origin movie rumour is true it'll be conclusive proof to me, because that should never had made it passed the first suggestion. Maybe their worst movie concept yet.

I could go on but what do you all think?

You know this for a fact? What is with the internet and always being so damn negative? Not saying you should always be positive but seriously? If Disney was doing the same thing with Marvel, people wouldn't be batting an eye. It's simple bias. Not saying you are but a big majority are.

Last edited:
If Disney was doing the same thing with Marvel, people wouldn't be batting an eye. It's simple bias. Not saying you are but a big majority are.

Instead a big majority don't have blinders, it's WB that puts out average at best material, yada yada yada.
This will go in circles.

I hope you're wrong but I'm inclined to believe that you're right. The thing that really worries me is how many of their recently announced slate are almost like just brainstorm ideas. No directors, no actors, no dates yet for a lot of them. I mean, how on earth are we only getting 1 dc film in 2018

You know this for a fact? What is with the internet and always being so damn negative? Not saying you should always be positive but seriously? If Disney was doing the same thing with Marvel, people wouldn't be batting an eye. It's simple bias. Not saying you are but a big majority are.

Well to be fair fandom tends to be against any change or development they consider radical regardless of the studio. Fans moaned when Disney acquired Marvel to begin with and said it was all doom and gloom.

They said the first Avenger's film was coming too soon and that Marvel should have let all of the heroes have several solo films before they had a team up film.

By the same token , alot of fans said rebooting Spiderman a third time was a huge mistake, and that the public wouldn't except or like it. Fandom tends to freak when ever there's a major shift in the status quo.

That said, as far as the title of the thread goes , I think WB knows exactly where they're going , which is away from DCEU interconnected paradigm post JL.

The Batman , Joker, Shazam, are pretty clear indicators that they're going back to making their films stand alone again. I think the writings on the wall.

Warners doesn't know what they're doing. In other news, water is wet.

By and large they've been a dumpster fire for consistency and tangible vision.

I look at some of the box office cumes and I can't help, but feel like they're being bailed out by the pre-existing popularity of the characters - yes even Suicide Squad (which was heavily marketed with The Joker and Harley Quinn).

Last edited:
By and large they've been a dumpster fire for consistency and tangible vision.

I look at some of the box office cumes and I can't help, but feel like they're being bailed out by the pre-existing popularity of the characters - yes even Suicide Squad (which was heavily marketed with The Joke and Harley Quinn).

That's definitely what's going on. The hype is sustaining them.

The idea that you guys criticize the studio for lack of consistency and vision is hilarious. You complain about the quality of the films and the vision of zach snyder, but you want consistency? The studio isnt dumb, they are waiting to see what they have with aquaman and how justice league performs before continuing forward. These are completely logical decisions to be making, and are far from making the studio "dumpster fire", and "mess".

Lucasfilm has had, and are having the same problems with their star wars story films. And they are acting accordingly as well, by spending lots of money on additional photography to protect the IP, changing the plan (boba fett trank film).

People need to start taking things on a case by case basis, as opposed to dooming every dceu film from the onset

The idea that you guys criticize the studio for lack of consistency and vision is hilarious. You complain about the quality of the films and the vision of zach snyder, but you want consistency? The studio isnt dumb, they are waiting to see what they have with aquaman and how justice league performs before continuing forward. These are completely logical decisions to be making, and are far from making the studio "dumpster fire", and "mess".

Lucasfilm has had, and are having the same problems with their star wars story films. And they are acting accordingly as well, by spending lots of money on additional photography to protect the IP, changing the plan (boba fett trank film).

People need to start taking things on a case by case basis, as opposed to dooming every dceu film from the onset

From what I've heard, this Joker movie won't even be part of DCEU.

They are just throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks.

That's insane.

1. How is Margo Robbie's schedule supposed to accommodate this, Suicide Squad 2 and Gotham City Sirens? Where do the release dates for Superman, Batman, Nightwing, Dark Universe, Flashpoint, Green Lantern, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, Cyborg, Batgirl and Wonder Woman fit into this? We know when Aquaman and Shazam are coming. The rest are all up in the air right now. Marvel don't announce films until they know they have a release date. DC on the other hand randomly greenlight films without release dates and they look sloppy for doing so.

2. How is DC supposed to schedule all of these films that they've greenlit without delaying films for a full decade?

It does feel chaotic. Maybe in their offices this all makes perfect sense and has been planned out perfectly. But with entire movie announcements or details dropping daily, I tend to wonder. It does feel like they have too many movies being juggled at the same time. How many of these can they really make per year? In some ways does feel like they've given up on planning anything out and will just randomly make movies on whims.

In the end we'll see what the end result is. Not a big deal. Will go and see the movies out of all these that I want to see and will ignore the ones I don't. At least with this kind of situation I don't really worry if I miss a movie or two. Especially for the ones that aren't connected to anything.

Apparently The Batman is part of its own universe. DC's plans make no sense to me at all.

That's insane.

1. How is Margo Robbie's schedule supposed to accommodate this, Suicide Squad 2 and Gotham City Sirens? Where do the release dates for Superman, Batman, Nightwing, Dark Universe, Flashpoint, Green Lantern, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, Cyborg, Batgirl and Wonder Woman fit into this? We know when Aquaman and Shazam are coming. The rest are all up in the air right now. Marvel don't announce films until they know they have a release date. DC on the other hand randomly greenlight films without release dates and they look sloppy for doing so.

Wasn't Killer Frost supposed to replace Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad 2?

Wonder Woman will be released on December 13, 2019.

It's a good bet not all of these movies get made.

Warner Bros. and DC don't know what they are doing, and I've been saying that since 2009. The archives prove it.

It's a good bet not all of these movies get made.

Warner Bros. and DC don't know what they are doing, and I've been saying that since 2009. The archives prove it.

They know how to make money though. So far this year alone they have made $2.4 billion on their various movies like Dunkirk, Annabelle: Creation, Wonder Woman, Kong: Skull Island, and The Lego Batman Movie.
And they still have Justice League coming up which should easily get them over the $3 billion worldwide mark for the year.

I'm not confident in WB's plans. Why do we need a Joker origin movie?

Part of the reason Joker lasted this long was because he is a big mystery onto himself.

Agreed. They screwed the pooch by hiring Affleck, whose done nothing but damage, They brought on a massively overrated screen writer whose won an award for crap that was unwarranted, than bringing on Geoff Johns as an executive, a man who should remain a consultant and nothing more, etc....I hope one day they realize to put their trust in professionals and not giant fan boys.

What makes me laugh is people saying WBs doesn't know what they're doing cause they're hiring writers on all kinds of different projects. Do people know nothing about filmmaking? Studios always hire writers to work on various projects it's been happening for decades. It's not something solely attributed to DC at WBs. All movie studios do it and often these projects never see the light of day.

Gotham City Sirens,. Nightwing,. Cyborg, JOker and Harley Queen in my opinion are all movies that will never be made. It doesnt hurt that they are testing the waters so to speak with these characters,. but i dont believe realistically any of the said movies really get made. I mean "The Rock" has been casted as Black Adam for how long? I love Dc Comics more than Marvel,. but the MCU seems to have had a plan that they stuck to. The DCEU seems like its being stuck together with glue

What makes me laugh is people saying WBs doesn't know what they're doing cause they're hiring writers on all kinds of different projects. Do people know nothing about filmmaking? Studios always hire writers to work on various projects it's been happening for decades. It's not something solely attributed to DC at WBs. All movie studios do it and often these projects never see the light of day.

Is it normal for a studio to hire out a dozen or so writers to write different scripts for different movies all for the same franchise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"