I Finally Got my Wii Online!!!! now what?

WompuM

Esquire
Reaction score
So what exactly can I do with my online capabilities? Are there games available that have massive online multiplayer? I don't have any points ye tand I'm starting to think putting my Wii online wasnt worth all the effort.

In all honesty, the only time I used my Wii online (for a game, at least) was to trade some friend credits for Metroid. Otherwise, having your Wii online is good for the Virtual Console and channels like the Everybody Votes channel or Weather Channel.

As Johnny DC stated, the Wii's online capabilities are right now best used for the Wii Shop Channel for the Virtual Console and Wiiware, and some other fun but completely unnecessary things such as the Everybody Votes Channel, the Weather Channel, News Channel, and Check Mii Out Channel.

Right now the Wii doesn't have a very good list of Wi-Fi games, mostly because it's not that big. Here's a list of the games for it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_Wi-Fi_Connection_games

Although, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart will have online multiplayer so it'll be worth it.

I played Madden online with some people the other night. Pretty fun, actually. Mario Strikers I got from Gamefly just to try, but there was some kid that was a little too good at it.

So what exactly can I do with my online capabilities? Are there games available that have massive online multiplayer? I don't have any points ye tand I'm starting to think putting my Wii online wasnt worth all the effort.

All the effort, what kind of effort, took me about two minutes to get the system online. However, like most people said there's not much to do yet outisde of downloading virtual console games.

All the effort, what kind of effort, took me about two minutes to get the system online. However, like most people said there's not much to do yet outisde of downloading virtual console games.

All the effort of trying to get my Wii online using my macbook's airport. finding the right IP addresses. Being on the phone for over an hour with both Apple and Nintendo's customer service. Giving up on wireless and forking over 20 bucks for a lan adapter. having to find a different IP adress for that. Having to find a nonMac to get an IP address from. That kind of effort.

All the effort of trying to get my Wii online using my macbook's airport. finding the right IP addresses. Being on the phone for over an hour with both Apple and Nintendo's customer service. Giving up on wireless and forking over 20 bucks for a lan adapter. having to find a different IP adress for that. Having to find a nonMac to get an IP address from. That kind of effort.

Why did it take that long? It shouldnt take more than 10 minutes max.

I managed to get my Wii hooked online right away. I find it to be worth it because I really love the Wii Shop Channel. And I really want to get into Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii.

Sorry for the Hijack but I just got a Wii last night and couldn't connect to the Internet. The connection test worked just fine but if I try to connect to DL the user agreements or go to the news channel it gives me a connection failed message. Anyone have any ideas about what is wrong?

Isnt there a war game, like a, MoH, Battlefield style game on the Wii that just came out? A friend mentioned to me getting it to play online with him, but everytime I go to the stores, I keep thinking I'm seeing older versions and not the newer one.

I havent got my Wii online yet either, but ... I really want to get into Wii Shop and buy Sonic II for my fam.

download the internet channel

and wait for brawl to come out

Wow. Getting online was the easiest of tasks for me. Took about 5 minutes. I was actually quite impressed by the simplicity of it all.

I won't start a new thread...but can someone run me through the steps of getting the wii online?

I already have a wireless internet and stuff....thanks

After Xmas, if anyone wants to play Madden, Medal of Honor, or Mario Strikers online, give up a friend code. Peace.

Terry???

when you play MOH... do you use the Zapper??:huh:

I won't start a new thread...but can someone run me through the steps of getting the wii online?

I already have a wireless internet and stuff....thanks

1. On the Wii Menu there is a circle on the bottom left corner, the Wii Options. Click on that one.

2. Once at the Wii Options, click on Wii Settings and go to page 2.

3. Click on Internet

4. Click on Connection Settings and choose Wireless.

5. Click on the User Agreements and accept that.

6. Go back to the Wii Settings on page 2 and go on WiiConnect24. Then make sure that WiiConnect24 and Standby Connections are on.

you might have difficulties when using a router and having comcast.

the nintendo wifi usb was easy to install, but works when it feels
like it.

1. On the Wii Menu there is a circle on the bottom left corner, the Wii Options. Click on that one.

2. Once at the Wii Options, click on Wii Settings and go to page 2.

3. Click on Internet

4. Click on Connection Settings and choose Wireless.

5. Click on the User Agreements and accept that.

6. Go back to the Wii Settings on page 2 and go on WiiConnect24. Then make sure that WiiConnect24 and Standby Connections are on.

wow....pathetically easy.....so many wasted months....thanks

There is hardly a point in getting a Wii let alone setting up it's online features.

Yeah, because they're just not selling at all. :o

Lol! You have to stand in line and wait to get one whereas if you want a 360 or a POS3 there are piles of them everywhere. I love my Wii. The VC is awesome.

Lol! You have to stand in line and wait to get one whereas if you want a 360 or a POS3 there are piles of them everywhere. I love my Wii. The VC is awesome.
too true no where in england had them before christmas, maybe its still like that now i dont know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"