I fought the lounge, and the lounge won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! That guy threw a ball, aww sh** THAT OTHER GUY CAUGHT IT. He could have NOT caught it, isn't this wild?!?!?!

Last edited:
Yeah. It's like I can feel my brain melting inside of my skull. But everyone else in the room is spellbound.

It helps knowing strategy of the sport and formations. It's like watching chess match...a very violent and intense chess match.

Hey! That guy threw a ball, aww sh** THAT OTHER GUY CAUGHT IT. He could have NOT caught it, isn't this wild?!?!?!

Not calling you or anyone else out, but generally speaking those who make fun of sports don't understand the nuisances of the sport in question. It's more than just catching and throwing a ball. It's strategy requiring a lot of forethought and planning on and off the field and it's a lot of physical training and to a degree genetics. For instance, hitting a curve ball in baseball is an amazing feat of skill. The motor and reflexive skills required are mind boggling, and only small part of the human population can hit one or throw a baseball at 100 mph. Football requires a great deal of endurance and skill, but I'm less versed in its nuisances. Baseball's more my forte. Anyways point is like it or not to act as if a sport like football or any major sport is just people playing around is frankly showing one's ignorance.

I still think youre great tho!:)

Last edited:
It helps knowing strategy of the sport and formations. It's like watching chess match...a very violent and intense chess match.

Not calling you or anyone else out, but generally speaking those who make fun of sports don't understand the nuisances of the sport in question. It's more than just catching and throwing a ball. It's strategy requiring a lot of forethought and planning on and off the field and it's a lot of physical training and to a degree genetics. For instance, hitting a curve ball in baseball is an amazing feat of skill. The motor and reflexive skills required are mind boggling, and only small part of the human population can hit one or throw a baseball at 100 mph. Football requires a great deal of endurance and skill, but I'm less versed in its nuisances. Baseball's more my forte.

That might be very true. But I doubt the drunk and yelling masses really care to that degree about it. Which is the reason most sports turn me off. I respect the players. I freaking hate the fans with a burning passion. Especially when someone pulls out a Vuvuzela horn. It makes me want to push it through their skull.

That might be very true. But I doubt the drunk and yelling masses really care to that degree about it. Which is the reason most sports turn me off. I respect the players. I freaking hate the fans with a burning passion. Especially when someone pulls out a Vuvuzela horn. It makes me want to push it through their skull.
We have a winner

Lol I agree with you about the jackass fans. Sports have never instilled in me the desire to get drunk and act a fool. Wish I could say the same for some other fans. A lot of true "to hell and back" fans do actually care about all this stuff to that degree you'd just never guess it because the fundamentals and nuisances are so second nature to them that they "get it" whether they are drunk or sober. I've had the misfortune of arguing with enough drunk sports fans to know. Formations and all that technical **** just spills put of them like a broken ticket booth. And best of all it smells of booze and is cloaked in a nice patina of slur.

Vuvuzela's were clearly invented by the high priests of cthulu. They are the trumpets of madness and will sound the world over at the return of his tentacled greatness.

Last edited:
Are you implying that I'm unsophisticated?

Not implying...I'm tellin ya!

:p

I'm just pick in with ya, but, seriously, with any sport it helps knowing as much as you can. Like anything it's hard to invest if you don't give it more than a cursory glance.

I used to truly despise sports then I started paying attention back when Panthers played the patriots in the 04 super bowl. That was the year I became a patriots fan. I stayed a casual fan for the next few years. Then my senior year of high school I started going to every school game I could and learning the ins and outs of various sports I've been a sports fan ever since. I dont agree with everything in sports, especially the pay, but some of these players are truly remarkable at what they do. It's a thrill to watch them work.

Last edited:

I'm just pick in with ya, but, seriously, with any sport it helps knowing as much as you can. Like anything it's hard to invest if you don't give it more than a cursory glance.

I used to truly despise sports then I started paying attention back when Panthers played the patriots in the 04 super bowl. That was the year I became a patriots fan. I stayed a casual fan for the next few years. Then my senior year of high school I started going to every school game I could and learning the ins and outs of various sports I've been a sports fan ever since. I dont agree with everything in sports, especially the pay, but some of these players are truly remarkable at what they do. It's a thrill to watch them work.
I didn't watch many sports until I got married. Now it's something me and my husband do together. It is true that the more you know about how a particular sport is played the more you will understand it and then possibly grow to love it. :)

If any sport is worth watching, it's wrestling
The showmanship is entertaining

To be honest, it'd be hard for me to get into sports now. I started liking them when I was 4 or 5.

Not calling you or anyone else out, but generally speaking those who make fun of sports don't understand the nuisances of the sport in question. It's more than just catching and throwing a ball. It's strategy requiring a lot of forethought and planning on and off the field and it's a lot of physical training and to a degree genetics. For instance, hitting a curve ball in baseball is an amazing feat of skill. The motor and reflexive skills required are mind boggling, and only small part of the human population can hit one or throw a baseball at 100 mph. Football requires a great deal of endurance and skill, but I'm less versed in its nuisances. Baseball's more my forte. Anyways point is like it or not to act as if a sport like football or any major sport is just people playing around is frankly showing one's ignorance.

I still think youre great tho!:)

I understand the mechanics of football just fine, golf too, I've played both. Doesn't mean I find them fun to watch, I'll give you baseball though, never played, so I only have a basic understanding of the gameplay. When you're watching a game in the stadium I can understand getting swept up in the enthusiasm, it's an event. I just find sports boring hell when watched on TV.

The Jets knocked the Dolphins out of the playoffs :D thats a big victory in my book

lol I hope you're not talking about the WWE :doh:

The Jets knocked the Dolphins out of the playoffs :D thats a big victory in my book

lol I hope you're not talking about the WWE :doh:

Well, the Fins had been playing sloppy the past 2-3 games & didn't even deserve to get in.

Nah, he's walking about the OTHER wrestling, the one where sweaty guys in onesies roll around together on sweaty matts :o

Ah yes, wrestling. Who doesn't like to watch huge sweaty men grappling each other while screaming how great they are?

Wrestling is garbage. It's a guys version of soap opera's. After the 90's-early 2000's it turned into just a giant load of crap. Who gives a **** who's dating who, go throw someone through a table.

The era of The Undertaker, McFolley, Kane, Ray Mysterio, The NWO, Wolfpack, Hardy Brothers.........that's when it was good....also maybe I thought that because I was 12....

Adults who watch the WWE and are entertained astound me.

Wrestling is garbage. It's a guys version of soap opera's. After the 90's-early 2000's it turned into just a giant load of crap. Who gives a **** who's dating who, go throw someone through a table.

The era of The Undertaker, McFolley, Kane, Ray Mysterio, The NWO, Wolfpack, Hardy Brothers.........that's when it was good....also maybe I thought that because I was 12....

Adults who watch the WWE and are entertained astound me.

A ton of people do on this site, lol.

I used to enjoy wrestling way back when but I just don't see the point now. Funny enough I actually like watching soccer/football for some reason. I never did for the longest time and all of a sudden I enjoy it.

A ton of people do on this site, lol.

tumblr_mqvbdbYeiT1rr8b5oo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"