I, Frankenstein

I liked Underworld , but I have really low expectations for this film. I'll still check it out though.

Scored this from the theater last night!
27x40 printed both sides
1fda.jpg

I like Eckhardt, and I think he's a solid actor, but he really doesn't have that much range.

I don't think he's been given the right role to really show how much range he has, out of The Black Dahlia he was the best part of the film for me, and that film was bad.

He's had plenty of opportunities to show range. He's a charismatic guy, he's just not a great actor. He never has been.

His career after Thank You for Smoking and TDK isn't where I expected it would go.

He's had plenty of opportunities to show range. He's a charismatic guy, he's just not a great actor. He never has been.
I think he's a good actor, not necessarily a great one but to each their own, being good in a world of medicore to crap actors getting parts in big budget movies is sometimes better than nothing.

Dear god this looks terrible.

Also Frankenstein wasn't the monster's name goddamn it!

I think Eckhart more than proved his range in Thank You for Smoking and TDK but yea, he hasn't gotten much of anything to write home about in a few years now. Reminds me a lot of Thomas Jane. You know he's capable of being totally awesome he just rarely gets those chances

Dear god this looks terrible.

Also Frankenstein wasn't the monster's name goddamn it!

If he considers himself Frankenstein's son why would he not take his father's name?

I honestly believe that the Resident Evil/Underworld crowd may flock to this one, they tend to love these supernatural action adventure romps.

I'll probably like it as a cheesy fun film. Unless it is 100% garbage. I'm expecting RIPD levels though.

It looks like someone mixed together the vomit of Underworld and Van Helsing.

I honestly believe that the Resident Evil/Underworld crowd may flock to this one, they tend to love these supernatural action adventure romps.
I like those movies but I'm also under no illusion they're the cheese-fest they are. They are total non-brainers with just action-y effects and a lot of improbable/impossible stunts that make for good visual effects (usually).

This seems like it wants to be that but better only I'm not seeing the "but better" part. I'll be renting it (just like the RE & Underworld films) unless it really does something impressive to justify a ticket.

Last edited:
I really think I, Frankenstein looks uncomfortably embarrassing.

I remember when i first heard of this movie back around in 2009 probably and being so excited, now there's nothing about it that looks remotely good.

You guys are all going to be looking preeetty silly when we're talking about this movie during award season next year. :o

No, it can definitely get mentioned during the awards season. It'll be the Raspberry Awards and it'll do sweeping wins across all nominations but it will be awards.

After receiving a 6% on Rotten Tomatoes and bombing at the Box Office, I guess Aaron Eckhart's next movie will be "I, Need a New Agent".

Did anyone hear Eckhart on Stern. I like the guy as an actor, but comes off as completely nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"