Underworld Awakening

phoenixflight

Amazing Amazon
Reaction score
Not sure if there is thread for this already, but I guess it's time to start one...

EXCL: Screen Gems Moving Ahead with Underworld 4
Source:ShockTillYouDrop.com
August 8, 2009

ShockTillYouDrop.com has learned exclusively that Sony's Screen Gems is moving ahead with a fourth film in the "Underworld" franchise and is targeting a January 2011 release. The movie will be shot in 3-D.

We've received no word yet if Underworld: Rise of the Lycans stars Michael Sheen, Bill Nighy and Rhona Mitra, or former franchise stars Kate Beckingsale and Scott Speedman will return for the next film.

Back in February, we reported that the studio was pleased with the performance of the prequel that opened on January 23. The film was made for just $35 million and earned $91.1 million worldwide, not counting DVD and Blu-ray sales.

Stay tuned for more on the next installment as it comes in!

So what do we think? Do we want to see another Underworld movie?

Should it be a prequel sequel or a sequel to Underworld: Evolution?

Should Len Wisemen return as the director or should it continue with Patrick Tatopoulos?

Last edited:
Here is an idea that I was throwing around for Underworld 3 that I would still like to see for the 4th installment...

Underworld 3: Uprising – Aftermath – Supremacy (pick a sub-title)
10 years from now in an apocalyptic future, Vampires and Lycans rule separate nations and have taken over the lands once occupied by Humans. Vampires have claimed the skies once again after years of tampering with Marcus’ remains.

The Humans have been losing this battle. In this war they are no more than ‘live stock’ to the savage Lycans and slaves to the aristocratic Vampires. Hundreds of Humans have fled, cowering underground, forming the “Underworld”, a term used by these Resistance Fighters to describe their ‘cities’ deep beneath the ocean floor.

As the war rages between the 3 factions, Selene and Michael have joined forces with the Humans in an attempt to set the balance. It is an all out war for Supremacy.

OR

A story can easily evolve from Selene's final words from Underworld: Evolution:
"An unknown chapter lies ahead.
The lines that have divided the clans have been blurred.
Chaos and in-fighting are inevitable.
All that is certain is that darkness is still ahead.
But for now, for the first time, I look into the light with new hope."

OR

I also have this other idea but it's not very well developed yet:
Another possible story could have Selene and Michael with a child (who would be part Lycan, part Vampire and part Immortal) who fights along side her parents. She can age rather quickly (and appear in her teenage years throughout most of the movie).

Last edited:
What can they POSSIBLY DO? The third tells us how the war was started, and the second tells us the fate of Corvinus bloodline. And if Evolution is any indication then another movie about two renegade superhuman creatures ain't gonna be spit without characters like the first movie.

Not sure if there is thread for this already, but I guess it's time to start one...

EXCL: Screen Gems Moving Ahead with Underworld 4
Source:ShockTillYouDrop.com
August 8, 2009

ShockTillYouDrop.com has learned exclusively that Sony's Screen Gems is moving ahead with a fourth film in the "Underworld" franchise and is targeting a January 2011 release. The movie will be shot in 3-D.

We've received no word yet if Underworld: Rise of the Lycans stars Michael Sheen, Bill Nighy and Rhona Mitra, or former franchise stars Kate Beckingsale and Scott Speedman will return for the next film.

Back in February, we reported that the studio was pleased with the performance of the prequel that opened on January 23. The film was made for just $35 million and earned $91.1 million worldwide, not counting DVD and Blu-ray sales.

Stay tuned for more on the next installment as it comes in!

So what do we think? Do we want to see another Underworld movie?

Should it be a prequel sequel or a sequel to Underworld: Evolution?

Should Len Wisemen return as the director or should it continue with Patrick Tatopoulos?
I'm not sure about the whole 3D thing,which seems to be the fashion craze right now.
I think it needs to be a prequel-sequel to really iron out the story as I don't think theres much u can do after Evolution.
I want the whole vamp/lycan war to go on,plus Kraven/Lucian story to develop as well. You may beable to squeeze a few spots for Kate/Speedmen at least in cameo-clips(subway part from UW). I really don't think u need Kate to be back at least in a pre-sequel to make it profitable. The key is to bring back Lucian/Kraven/Raz actors to really make it work,plus not sure of timeline,but whatever head vamp is awaken at that time period.

I think surprising shocker would that Viktor didn't die and someone removed his body before Corvinus blew up the ship.
I mean everyone saw Viktor recover from Lucian ramming a sqord through his skull. I mean with most vampire you gotta stab the heart as well. Bill Night just may be too cool too die or he kicks the devils A$$ and come back from hell.

Although I do agree that a prequel-sequel is needed to complete the 3rd movie, I really want to see Selene (Kate Beckingsale) back in her familiar role!

If they were to do a prequel-sequel, then who would be the HOT female star...Ameila? I would love that! Sonja (Rhona Mitra) is dead and Selene is still to young. I wanna know more about Ameila...the Vampire Princess. Her rise to power, her reign over the Vampire clan. It could be very interesting. I would love to see Zita Gorog have a much bigger role in the 4th film.

You mean the elder whos throat go ripped to shreads on the train or whatever.

Maybe they just want to race the Resident Evil franchise to the bottom of the creativity well.

I would start a new storyline based around either a werewolf or vampire and what happens after the revelations of Selene's discovery in the first Underworld.

Well this news doesn't surprise me after the resident evil 4 greenlight, since both franchises seem to go hand in hand in terms of how screen gems handles them, though underworld wins by far in the quality department. I didn't expect them to make it this soon though, I imagined they'd wait three more years like with the others, but heck, the sooner the better.

Storywise though, I have no idea where they could take the story. The only thing I'm confident in is that its gonna be with selene. It has to. The prequel was decent, I liked it, but there's no denying it did poorly financially because of no kate. It did the least out of all three, luckily they knew it would so they gave it a smaller budget. But this new one's in 3D, so like resident evil 4 they're gonna have to up the budget greatly to make it worthwhile. And there's NO way they'll recover a greater budget if the movie follows the prequel's story.

I'm sure if sony's going forward with this is because they feel confident they can get kate back, and it's not like she's got much else to do. If they go with a sequel to the prequel instead, I'll be very surprised. It wouldn't be a wise choice.

I'd also like len wiseman to come back, but with all the things he has in development there's like zero chance he will.

You mean the elder whos throat go ripped to shreads on the train or whatever.

Yes her. If they go with the prequel-sequel idea Ameila would still be alive and kicking. When we saw her last, Ameila was at the beginning of Underworld: Evolution creating all sorts of drama for the Lycans of 1202 A.D.

Found this old story from January 2008...

Now, Lakeshore's head boss has confirmed the rumors to Collider, saying that the 4th film will be the next sequel in the group focusing on continuing the story of Beckinsale and Speedman's story.

"It's a theatrical release definitely," Rosenberg tells the site. "I feel great about that. I think it's the strongest story that we've put together of the three. I think it's really terrific. I think it leads to a 4th. When we did the 1st 'Underworld,' we imagined three - the 1st one, a sequel and then a prequel. The 3rd is a prequel, so the 4th would carry on where Kate and Scott Speedman left off after 2, so I think this is going to be terrific really this one."

I'm truly hoping. I want Kate and Scott back...they have great chemistry!!!

Enough with the 3s people. Not every movie coming out now needs to be it.

i wouldnt mind seeing both a prequel-sequel to make sense out of how they screwed up continuity with 3 (really just lucian not getting his arm branded), but i'm all for a 4th film thats a sequel to evolution as long as they have enough good ideas

I think the question is he may have been branded in another story before we see him Underworld 1 with Kraven being the one who put the skin in the book.

For some reason, I didn't expect to see the branding Lucian in Rise of the Lycans. If Viktor was in it then I knew not to expect it. Kraven's secret pact with Lucian didn't happen until long after Viktor's slumber.

They (the producers) will attempt to make this into a long standing franchise. I expect that story to be told in maybe Underworld 5.

Last edited:
I hope they go a completely different way if they make another film. Something new, a rebirth to the franchise.

I'll be into it if it continues off of Part 3 with Victor, Lucien, and Kraven and the conspiracy they talked about in the first Underworld.

Whatever they do I just hope they move forward with the storyline. I thought Underworld 3 was pretty pointless because he it pretty was covered in the exposition/flashbacks in the first film.

I was hoping there would be something different, something added to perhaps make us see that history in a different light, but it wasn't. I think there is plenty of storyline left to go with Selene. Exactly what is she now?

Also, what about the other vampire covens and other Lycans all over the world? I'm assuming they have people all over the world. I would rather they go with other vamps or Lycans as villains instead of resurrecting Viktor, Kraven, Amelia, Lucian, or Raze.

Blade gave us fresh, well mostly fresh, sets of villains for three films, not to mention the TV series. I'm sure Underworld could do the same.

Whatever they do I just hope they move forward with the storyline.

I think there is plenty of storyline left to go with Selene. Exactly what is she now?

My speculation...she is now an immortal Daywalker!! Bring back Selene and Micheal!!!

My speculation...she is now an immortal Daywalker!! Bring back Selene and Micheal!!!

:up:

I think they've had the prequel they wanted to do now finish off Selene and Micheals story, if they do that I will be happy :D

For some reason, I didn't expect to see the branding Lucian in Rise of the Lycans. If Viktor was in it then I knew not to expect it. Kraven's secret pact with Lucian didn't happen until long after Viktor's slumber.

But how Kraven convinced everyone that Lucian was dead was showing them the branded skin off Lucian's arm that they knew he had because Viktor gave it to him when he was his slave, they totally ****ed that up in UW3 by not showing it.

So something needs to be done with that, though I doubt Viktor would catch Lucian and not instantly kill him so they really did mess that one up. Personally, I think Lucian is the best character in the series so I want another prequel showing some more of the war. I especially want to know how Marcus felt during the war with the Lycans as his brother was one.

I just want Wiseman to return as the director.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"