Underworld Awakening

The movie is 75 minutes long?!!? Disgraceful.

That was my only problem with the film, they had some great ideas but acted like it wouldnt carry a full 2 hours so they talked quickly about them and moved to more action.

- Werewolfs finding a way to become immune to silver bullets
- Humans declaring war on both races
- Michael being thrown literally to the side because scott speedman was too busy playing an ahole ex in the vow......
- The idea of vampires being driven to more underground homes and like a flip from the first movie.
- The idea too of certain lycans looking like starved cats that were in the sewers.

So blu ray/DVD comes out tomorrow in the US and a week later for the UK :D

I own all the other Underworld films on blu ray, but I don't know if I'm gonna pick this one up. I know for sure I'm not gonna pay full price for a film who's run time is like 75 minutes. I liked the film for what it was though.

On the special features one of the producers said something to the effect of "You can't really have much character development and still have an action movie." Is that guy ******ed? It explained a lot to me about why Underworld Awakening felt a little flat.

No wonder I thought the action pieces were good, while the writing was terrible and talk scenes had an awkward pace to them.

No wonder I thought the action pieces were good, while the writing was terrible and talk scenes had an awkward pace to them.

Same. You can have both great action and great characters and character development. They just focused on one and not the other in Awakening.

Hmmm. They weren't that bad. anyway, I got UW:A on blue-ray and ended up getting a blue-ray player. lol I still have my main gripes about the movie though, 1. Too short 2. Lack of Speedman 3. I wanted more!! :(

What I did like is how Mommy got owned more than once. Its like, I wish I was Michael and was there to save the day from the evil Super Lycan.

Hmmm. They weren't that bad. anyway, I got UW:A on blue-ray and ended up getting a blue-ray player. lol I still have my main gripes about the movie though, 1. Too short 2. Lack of Speedman 3. I wanted more!! :(

What I did like is how Mommy got owned more than once. Its like, I wish I was Michael and was there to save the day from the evil Super Lycan.

I watched all the featurettes on the blu ray and it seemed to me like they were actually longer than the film itself. 88 minutes is a ridiculous run time. Not even an hour and a half. If they do get around to a sequel to this make the run time a minimum of 90 minutes and bring back Speedman. Easy enough.

how cool and awesome would it have been if Michael had shown up at the end and leaped at the back of the Super Lycan and rip its head right off?

Would it grow back? lol

how cool and awesome would it have been if Michael had shown up at the end and leaped at the back of the Super Lycan and rip its head right off?

Would it grow back? lol

I knew it wasn't going to happen since Speedman wasn't in the film, but during the final fight in the garage I was hoping so much that Michael would show up to kick some ass. Thats how they should have done it.

On the special features one of the producers said something to the effect of "You can't really have much character development and still have an action movie." Is that guy ******ed? It explained a lot to me about why Underworld Awakening felt a little flat.

Well, in fairness, all the Beckinsale Underworld films are like that, but yeah, the director must be a ******. Why not just tack on an extra 20 minutes to the film if character development was going to be an issue?

Even ten more minutes of character stuff would've made a huge difference.

Yeah it's not as though the film was running a bit long or anything. They had room for additional character stuff

This series has hit DTV b-movie territory and it's been that way since the third movie.

I hope they can somehow Fast Five the s*** out of the next one.

That's a good point Jordacar because that was where that franchise was heading with the second and third films until they basically revived it on steroids with the fourth and fifth movies.

But then again just remember, the original Fast and The Furious was a blockbuster and so was the sequel. Underworld as a franchise while it's successful is more cult-genre/niche type.

But hey, maybe they will do something like that if Total Recall tanks. A new Underworld with Beckinsale back but also Scott Speedman as Michael, Bill Nighy coming back and all the major characters. They die? Who cares? It's science fiction. Death is never final. You can pretty much do whatever you want.

I wouldn't go so far as to resurrect dead characters (even if it means more Lucien and/or Viktor), but if Fast Five and M:I-4 taught us anything, it's that it's never too late to make the best chapter in the franchise. Well, almost never, but certainly not in Underworld's case.

I enjoy the Underworld films almost as guilty pleasures. But I mean, they have this nice fan contingent because in the movies it's like they built this whole world and universe and mythology. Almost like a Joss Whedon series and characters and all that. So to me the logical thing is to build it up and make it bigger instead of paring it down like they have you know?

I agree about the character development. there should have been more and I wish there were deleted scenes on the dvd. :(

Well I can only hope for another one and have them improve off of this one.

I really hope the next one digs into this new Selene-Eve-Michael family dynamic, rather than just making The Selene Show again. The poster could show Selene flanked by the other two, with all three looking badass with their monster eyes.

I wonder how Eve's gonna update her wardrobe. Maybe she could dress like Alex on "Nikita".

For those who have the regular 2d version of Underworld Awakening is the Blu-Ray menu very sluggish or hard to respond (seems to freeze up while trying to access it) for anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"