Underworld Awakening

For those who have the regular 2d version of Underworld Awakening is the Blu-Ray menu very sluggish or hard to respond (seems to freeze up while trying to access it) for anyone else?

It hasn't frozen on me, but it is pretty sluggish and sometimes unresponsive, but I'm finding more and more blu ray menu's are like that. I just assumed it was my blu ray player.

After watching this I still maintain it was way too short and for that fact alone I cant justify a purchase. It felt like there was a whole section of the movie missing right before she went after her daughter in the lycan hold up. My other problem is now there are no more intersting villians left for selene to go against.

After watching this I still maintain it was way too short and for that fact alone I cant justify a purchase. It felt like there was a whole section of the movie missing right before she went after her daughter in the lycan hold up. My other problem is now there are no more intersting villians left for selene to go against.

I agree. There's really no where for the series to go from here. They should have fought tooth and nail to get Speedman back for the very end at least, so they could wrap up the series.

I agree. There's really no where for the series to go from here. They should have fought tooth and nail to get Speedman back for the very end at least, so they could wrap up the series.

I think they could pull off one more movie, thought it wouldn't include Selene. I would love for them to do a movie that covers the Lycan/Vamp war and the episode with Kraven/Lucian.
The one main thing that gets me with Awakening is they advertised it as a new war against humans, but it ended up being the same vamp/lycan battle. I would of loved to see vamps/lycans team up to battle humans etc... And you could also have a side story of lycans or whoever trying to get one up or something.

I think they could pull off one more movie, thought it wouldn't include Selene. I would love for them to do a movie that covers the Lycan/Vamp war and the episode with Kraven/Lucian.
The one main thing that gets me with Awakening is they advertised it as a new war against humans, but it ended up being the same vamp/lycan battle. I would of loved to see vamps/lycans team up to battle humans etc... And you could also have a side story of lycans or whoever trying to get one up or something.

I think this may be it. The problem was they made selene too powerful after evolution. That was my beef too because we never saw humans against ethier species aside from the opening credits and the "humans" we did see ended up being lycans so like you said it became the same old same old.

Yea, the main problem with this movie is the story. In the trailers and stuff they act as though it's vampires/ lycans vs humans but it's still vamps vs lycans. And the movie is WAAY to short and the ending is kinda of a slap in the face to the viewer really. The only really good thing about this is the fight scenes/ kills. Overall though, a disapointing movie.

On the special features one of the producers said something to the effect of "You can't really have much character development and still have an action movie." Is that guy ******ed? It explained a lot to me about why Underworld Awakening felt a little flat.

This guy is an *******. You know how you can have character development and an action movie? Make the film actual feature length instead of an hour and 15 minutes you hack.

I was bummed by the lack of a certain co-star (from what I understand though, Michael was going to have 5 minutes of screen time in the movie regardless so Speedman didn't think the travel from Los Angeles to Vancouver was worth it. I can't say I blame him either.), but overall I really enjoyed this. It was worth the 6 year wait to see Selene again. The best part was Super Wolf. My reaction =
icon_surprised.gif

Even ten more minutes of character stuff would've made a huge difference.

Coincidentally enough, I heard somewhere the director was interested in releasing his cut with an additional 10 minutes.

Why do I get the feeling its 10 more minutes of just action.

lol @ Wes Bentley

After he dies, my one liner was "That's for ruining Blackheart!"

:p

I was bummed by the lack of a certain co-star (from what I understand though, Michael was going to have 5 minutes of screen time in the movie regardless so Speedman didn't think the travel from Los Angeles to Vancouver was worth it. I can't say I blame him either.), but overall I really enjoyed this. It was worth the 6 year wait to see Selene again. The best part was Super Wolf. My reaction =
icon_surprised.gif

Coincidentally enough, I heard somewhere the director was interested in releasing his cut with an additional 10 minutes.

That would bring the total running time to 85 minutes! lol.

lol @ Wes Bentley

After he dies, my one liner was "That's for ruining Blackheart!"

:p
Heh, I was like "Is that Wes Bentley? [BLACKOUT]What's he doing in th---oh, apparently nothing. F*** him I guess.[/BLACKOUT]."

I was surprised at how much human killing Selene gets to do in this one, especially since her motivation wasn't much more than "I just got out of the cooler and I'm really pissed off." :cmad:

Is there any word of a sequel in the works? I loved Awakening(doesn't seem to be the popular opinion around here, but the movie did decent in the box office regardless) and I want one more to wrap it up. I'd like to see the next movie focusing more on Eve as the main character.

Is there any word of a sequel in the works? I loved Awakening(doesn't seem to be the popular opinion around here, but the movie did decent in the box office regardless) and I want one more to wrap it up. I'd like to see the next movie focusing more on Eve as the main character.
More than 3 of the 4 movies already have?

Eve's the little girl from U4. Selene is the heroine of U1,2 and 4, played by Beckinsale.

Eve's the little girl from U4. Selene is the heroine of U1,2 and 4, played by Beckinsale.
:doh: That's what I get for posting before bed.

Right, Eve. They could start with a wardrobe upgrade from those drab prison grays. I have no idea what that would look like, because neither her mom's style nor her dad's really suits her IMO. :ninja:

They could start by hiring talented screenwriters and a competent director. Between a hack Wiseman, a special FX guy Tatopoulos, and those 2 nobodies, this franchise is a B-movie Matrix ripoff, when it could've been Vampire: The Masquerade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"