I, Frankenstein

6% on RT, $2.8 million opening night....$65 million dollar budget.

And that's that.

They should've went with the original comic (which is almost to find, like Cowboys & Aliens): Pulpy and more Hellboy like in tone.

I absolutely hated, hated the trailer and everything this movie stood for. I am gleeful that it bombed domestically. Hopefully people overseas do not bail it out.

And no I'm not going to see it to judge it, I've had enough of Eckhart's bad genre movies after that videogame Battle L.A.

Octoberist, your "I need a new agent" crack literally had me laughing out loud. Brilliant.

And that's that.

I'm gonna go ahead and file this under T for "Things that should surprise none of you", and go about my damn day. :o

thats' now the crutch of the studios: the international box office.

However, I was told that the percentages of profit is a lot more complex overseas, especially in China. And China are sometimes late with the money they owe the studios here. So that's why domestic BO means the most. Also, it's a matter of pride since it's an American movie.

He talks about pretending to be parent who lost his child at a grief counseling group in order to prepare for a role. And some other stuff he said made him sound a little "off".

i mean, that's more like for research. Actually most actors are kinda off when they method act anyway.

Ryan Gosling gained 50 pounds without telling Peter Jackson for 'The Lovely Bones'. Then he got fired, and was replaced by Marky Mark.

i mean, that's more like for research. Actually most actors are kinda off when they method act anyway.

Ryan Gosling gained 50 pounds without telling Peter Jackson for 'The Lovely Bones'. Then he got fired, and was replaced by Marky Mark.

tumblr_mm4gzkPytU1rmcj2to1_500.gif

Was this intended to be some kind of sequel to 'I, robot' or is the title just a coincidence?

They should have went with the Spanish title for this one

yo-frankenstein.jpg

Was this intended to be some kind of sequel to 'I, robot' or is the title just a coincidence?

The whole "I, (Name)" has been around for a while. Don't know where the origins of it though.

'I, Robot' is a completely different beast though. It's based a series of classic books, in which I don't think the movie did it justice despite being an okay movie.

I checked this out today. It got a few claps at the end. I wasn't one of the ones clapping. I liked the concept of Frankenstein surviving into the modern day and being an action hero. I like Kevin Grevioux and I'm a big fan of the Underworld films so I was expecting something on that level. While I, Frankenstein does have something of an Underworld vibe, plus Grevioux and Bill Nighy, it's not on Underworld's level.

I didn't care for the creature designs and many of the special effects. I liked the fight choreography. The cast was good for the most part but I don't think the story was always there for them. Also thought it sucked that Grevioux's big fight scene was over so quickly, just like in Underworld. Nighy doesn't overdo it as much as he did in Underworld Evolution, but perhaps he should've. His demon prince was a little lackluster.

I, Frankenstein definitely fits in the popcorn movie category, a lesser cousin of the Underworld franchise.

The whole "I, (Name)" has been around for a while. Don't know where the origins of it though.

'I, Robot' is a completely different beast though. It's based a series of classic books, in which I don't think the movie did it justice despite being an okay movie.
Did a little research and I had no idea that it was based off of Issiac Asimov's work! I've heard of him and knew his influence on Science Fiction, but I never took the time to read his books. Ill definitely have to check them out.

I enjoyed the film. Mainly because of Eckhart's performance and similarities to Underworld. I knew what I was getting myself into. The ending could of been a little better. That was my only gripe.

So a disaster theatrically. Lionsgate should had put Van Damme's Enemies Closer in wide release instead of letting After Dark do 10 theaters (that probably won't get reported for box office) and VOD release.

And it's getting better reviews.

I might watch this movie on VOD though..

If that's true, Jackson really has a lot of nerve. He's the LAST person who should fire someone for getting fat.

He's not an actor, so he doesn't have to keep in shape for the camera.

Thing is, the character is a middle-aged dad and father of three. Two are teenagers. Not all parents look like Mark Wahlberg in their 40's.

However Jackson probably did Gosling favor if you think about it because that's technically a bullet dodged for him.

He's not an actor, so he doesn't have to keep in shape for the camera.

I know that, but like Vile said, it wasn't a role that required him to be his usual 0% body fat self.

Anyway, yeah... that movie wasn't very good so Jackson probably did do him a favor there.

I didn't see Gosling at the time, maybe he didn't look suitable for the role, but I mean look at Stallone for Copland.

Maybe that physique works better for the character. Not everyone has to be a hearthrob type.

I did think he was probably too young for the role. But honestly, even Wahlberg didn't look the type either. Like a middle class, middle-aged, probably early mid-40s father of three.

Did anyone hear Eckhart on Stern. I like the guy as an actor, but comes off as completely nuts.

Lots of actors are nuts by everyday standards. Daniel Day-Lewis once spent so long living in a wheelchair for a role he broke a rib. Look at what Bale does to himself.

Tom Hardy talked Ridley Scott into letting him set himself on fire instead of using a stunt double for his bit part in Black Hawk Down, and got all BFF with a psycho like Charlie Bronson while portraying him.

And that's that.
I'm really hoping this and NBC's Dracula hasn't scared off companies from the gothic characters.

I'm not sure why but this squat scream has me rolling on the floor.

I-Frankenstein.gif

If that's true, Jackson really has a lot of nerve. He's the LAST person who should fire someone for getting fat.

He didnt fire him because he was fat, he fired him because he was too young.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"