I knew batfans were obessive but come on?

The character of The Joker will live on. We'll see another version of Joker on screen played by somebody else in our lifetime. Just like we'll see another version of Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Spider Man, Hulk, so on and so forth.

The character is bigger then any one actor.

The character of The Joker will live on. We'll see another version of Joker on screen played by somebody else in our lifetime. Just like we'll see another version of Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Spider Man, Hulk, so on and so forth.

Yes.
I bet when the hipster teens of now get grey pubes they will be looking at a holographic message board reading writing from kids saying the new person is amazingly amazing, the next Jesus Christ and that Heath Ledger sucked and was over-rated due to being dead with a similar anti-Nicholson like sentiment seen of recent times.

I can absolutely agree with that. Just like Nolan wont always be the director of the Batman films, but for as long as he is, I see no need to put the Joker in his films.

This is nothing, NOTHING, compared to Twilight's obesessive fans.

Check out what one fan made (NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART OR PEOPLE NOT WANTING TO BE SPOILED ON TWILIGHT)

In the last book Bella gets preggers by her vampire BF, and because they are crossbreeding the fetus mutates and screws up Bella's womb.

One fan decided to take it upon themselves to actually make the womb. Out of felt. Complete with mutated fetus.

4g7wp.jpg

That is ****ed

Twilight Fans -- Making Trekkies look sane in comparison since 2005.

You guys are all being a little ******ed honestly... why the **** should there be a recast?! How bout we spend time on some time on some different characters for the next movie, huh? Instead of spending time on recasting a character/villains who Nolan basically did to perfection in the last movie.

NEW VILLAINS, GET OVER IT!

He is Batman's greatest nemesis--how can he be a real nemesis in the movies if he's only in for one movie? He doesn't even need to be the main villain--but it is kinda silly to think that no one in the world could possibly do it better.

It could go like this: new villain plagues Batman. Desperate for clues, Batman sneaks into Arkham and talks to Joker, knowing that he's paying attention to it, sort-of a Hannibal/Clarice relationship. We can explain away a different look/feel by using Morrison's idea of Joker being "super-sane" and re-makes himself whenever he feels like it. Then, at the end, to make things worse, Joker could escape to take out the villain and cause his own chaos, saving his play-mate of order vs. chaos, Batman.

Plus, I would look at it this way--personally, as an actor myself, if I can't do a role, if I'm sick or injured or just don't have the time, I don't ask the director to take the role out, I just let the guy the director does do the job. I don't know the guy, but I imagine, from how professonal Ledger was, he probably had a similar outlook.

But yeah, extremist battards are getting beyond a joke.

Thanks for the new word, Eggy.

The obsessiveness that TDK inspired is kind of incredible, and a little bit frightening.

"Battards are a cowardly, superstitious lot." :woot:

2 more opinions:
1) No one has topped Cesar Romero. I mean it!
2) This thread does not belong in Community! :cmad:

If this thread were posted in the Batboards, all who posted in it would never come out. There is evil there that does not sleep.

Thanks for the new word, Eggy.

"Battards are a cowardly, superstitious lot." :woot:

2 more opinions:
1) No one has topped Cesar Romero. I mean it!
2) This thread does not belong in Community! :cmad:

I think not. Mark Hamill.

I agree. But he's not. Recasting is almost always terrible. Heath's and Nolan's Joker was so their own, I wouldnt really want to see anyone else doing what he did in the role. It would feel like they were doing an impression of Heath, which would've been as bad as if Heath had done an impersonation of Jack.

As much as I'd like The Joker to return, and I think he will at least make an appearance, I think Nolan has done more than a good enough job to at least warrant the respect from fans and fanboys alike to just sit back and wait for whatever he's going to throw at us.

I just want to hear who the next villain(s) will be... And who will play him/her/them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"