Superman Returns I Loved SR, but... The Nit-pick thread.

GreenKToo said:
True,I have a daughter,and no way would I take her into a situation like that...no way...
Yep...I have a kid too. There were several times that my wife or I had to miss work because he was sick or the sitter couldn't take him that day. We didn't say - "Oh well, the boss won't mind that I bring my kid to spend the day with me at work...where dangerous and unpredictable things could happen." - one or the other lost a days work, or found someone else we trusted to take care of him.

Actually that's a better point. I can believe that Lois would do what she did because she was conflicted, she had set up a new life and had something that she thought was more important than her old life (notice she's not actually doing any investigative journalism untill Superman returns, just covering public events, and she's winning the Pulitzer for either editorial or commentary), and then Superman came back and she realized that she still wanted that old way of life. She missed the adventure, and she missed the independence. She made a bad judgement call, and while I don't like it, I can buy it. But Perry being okay with it? The man is supposed to be a father to her, hell, he's planning on being her father-in-law. Moreover as far as he knows, the kid she endangered was his grandson. And he just goes on like it's buisness as usual? THAT I don't buy.

I love the film, but I don't see what they could do with the kid in the future. It's been so long since Kal-El had a movie the focus doesn't need to be taken off of him to introduce SuperBoy or anything like that.

It was a huge mistake to mess with Superman's mythos like that.

I hate Bryan's total lack of respect for comics.

ya...(sigh)...isnt it great to be getting old(er)....
C. Lee said:
Yep...I have a kid too. There were several times that my wife or I had to miss work because he was sick or the sitter couldn't take him that day. We didn't say - "Oh well, the boss won't mind that I bring my kid to spend the day with me at work...where dangerous and unpredictable things could happen." - one or the other lost a days work, or found someone else we trusted to take care of him.

C. Lee said:
Or use the third option...instead of taking your kid along on an investigation...put him in someone elses' care....then go to work.

Yes but if she had taken Jason to Richard or someone else at the planet, they would not have let her go and investigate the blackout, and they would have been pressing her to get to the pulitzer, which she obviously didnt want to do.

Yes i enjoyed SR very much....... but if i had to nic-pick
1) Lex's BIG plan would had been better IMHO if it was to fraim Superman and make the world dislike him the whole.
2) i would have had Jason to be Richard's son only.... at the end of the movie Richard realise that Lois loves superman and Richard and his son move far away
3) too much of the movie shot at night.. its Superman not Batman
4) the flying was just okay they could have made they more exciting. i mean they spent close to $200 million for what?????

every thing else i can deal with.....but it would have been nice to have atlease 2 BIG SUPER fights

The only REAL nit-pick i have, other than the shard in Supes back, is in the scene on New Krypton were Lex and his men beat the **** out of Superman. Only ONE of Lex's henchmen was actually a big guy and looked as if he would give a guy the size of Brandon a good beating. One more big guy there would have made the scene a bit more realistic IMO.

My nit pick would be the two teams that were playing baseball, I didnt like their uniforms.

The world needed a movie like Superman for all seasons, wich isn`t and is at the same time an origin movie, not Superman Returns. Everytime I read this comic i feel more disappointed with SR.

I love Superman the movie but a sequel to a movie thats 25 years old simply doesn`t work. Thats why it bombed in the box office.

C. Lee said:
But that's why it's consistent with her character in the film. It's obvious that the kid DOES go to work with Lois and Richard. He felt pretty comfortable at the Planet. It shows from the beginning that Lois might not be the perfect mother.

SpiderDaniel said:
I love Superman the movie but a sequel to a movie thats 25 years old simply doesn`t work. Thats why it bombed in the box office.
Sorry, but I don't buy that argument. By that same token, then a prequel to Star Wars 20 years later should have bombed at the box office.

skruloos said:
But that's why it's consistent with her character in the film. It's obvious that the kid DOES go to work with Lois and Richard. He felt pretty comfortable at the Planet. It shows from the beginning that Lois might not be the perfect mother.

I'd give singer more credit than that. It did seem to me like they had the kid at work for no real reason. I guess some scenes were cut explaining it all. But Jason's pressence at the planet wasn't that long or involved. He's a visitor. He visited his mommy and then Richard, the real hero of the story, took him to school or to the burrito shack and home etc. My dad did the same for me. Sometimes afterschool we'd visit mom for a while at the office then go back home. I wasn't there from 9 to 5, I had school and stuff to do.

skruloos said:

Exactly, notice also on the day she was more bothered about investigating the blackout than Jason anyway, hence why she was late picking him up.

ah see. Now that's a much better example of neglegant behavior.

That made me hate lois. The trespassing just made it worse. She's the one that's invincible up until we discover jason is too. How could she do this to Jason...

Accumulate 300 posts. I think that's the limit for a basic small avatar.

SpiderDaniel said:
Is 25 years your cut-off point or do you mean any movie with many years in between...because here are some successes:

Psycho(1960)/Psycho II(1983) - 23 years
2001:a space odyssey(1968)/2010:the year we make contact(1984) - 16 years
A Man and a Woman(1966)/A man and a Woman 20 Years later(1986) - 20 years

These were all succesful movies.

NosferatuMD said:
how can I display an avatar?
Read the links in my signature.

C. Lee said:
Is 25 years your cut-off point or do you mean any movie with many years in between...because here are some successes:

pwned.

C. Lee said:

Notice all of those sequels were in the 80s. It's a new period, things don't work like they use to.

Dan33977 said:

Oh, how I love the smell of fresh spam!

Mr. Socko said:
Notice all of those sequels were in the 80s. It's a new period, things don't work like they use to.

Yeah.....now they just make big budget remakes of 80's TV shows.

Here's a nitpick. The shirt rip. It was done very unceremoniously.... it just didnt feel like a big deal. I wanted to see a shirt rip that just would re-claim it from Spiderman. It was kind of weak.

antmanx68 said:
Here's a nitpick. The shirt rip. It was done very unceremoniously.... it just didnt feel like a big deal. I wanted to see a shirt rip that just would re-claim it from Spiderman. It was kind of weak.
Apparently it wasn't even a real shirt-rip...he was supposed to rip his shirt open and show a white T-shirt under it....he remembers he left his suit back at the Planet and has to run back and get it. They cut the scene and digitally put the S on the T-shirt.

Mr. Socko said:
Film works in cycles. Hollywood is notorious for dipping back into the well. While you're entitled to your opinion, there simply isn't enough evidence to back it up. Again, by the same logic, The Phantom Menace should not have been a blockbuster. Or are you just going to tell me that it was because it was in the 90's and that thigns don't work like they used to?

C. Lee said:
Apparently it wasn't even a real shirt-rip...he was supposed to rip his shirt open and show a white T-shirt under it....he remembers he left his suit back at the Planet and has to run back and get it. They cut the scene and digitally put the S on the T-shirt.

Exactly what happened. That is why it was cut so shrt, because the next
second or two was him realizing he had forgotten the suit, which was in the closet at the DP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"