Superman Returns I Loved SR, but... The Nit-pick thread.

Showtime029 said:
Exactly what happened. That is why it was cut so shrt, because the next
second or two was him realizing he had forgotten the suit, which was in the closet at the DP.

Kinda glad they cut that bit, while it may have been a funny little scene, it would have made Supes look like a dumbass.

I am still tryin to figure out why they didn't film a full shirt rip scene along with their little "I forgot the suit bit".

Showtime...I wondering where my shirtless shot went.

Broke Back was FULL of shirtless shots...but GD...I can't one of Superman. That is some straight bull****.

Was it hard to go back and film the shirt rip again? The shirt rip sucked! It was so anticlimatic.

Anyways, the idea of him forgetting the suit is one more of the various stupid ideas in this movie.

SpiderDaniel said:
Was it hard to go back and film the shirt rip again? The shirt rip sucked! It was so anticlimatic.

Anyways, the idea of him forgetting the suit is one more of the various stupid ideas in this movie.

So true, Spidey Dan.

This hits to the point that I don't think Singer understands Superman. I mean GD...even Spidey had a damn shirt rip...AND A SHIRTLESS SHOT:super: :super: :super: :super:

One nit-pick that no one seem to notice...

Why was young Clark Kent, when jumping around, wearing glasses?

^Well, didnt Clark wear glasses up until he discovered his full powers? I may be wrong in this though.

Isildur´s Heir said:
One nit-pick that no one seem to notice...

Why was young Clark Kent, when jumping around, wearing glasses?
There has been a couple of different speculations on this.

1) There has been talk that it was originally planned to show that the Kents had special "lead" inbedded glasses made for him to help control his super vision.

2) It was supposed to show a parallel between young Clark no longer needing his glasses after he learns he has super powers (cut scene) to Jason no longer needing his asthma inhaler after learning he has super powers.

There's also what singer said at comic con about it, but I forgot what he said.

Maybe he'll discuss it in the commentary.

^Two good theories there, i like the 2nd one the most though, it seems to make more sense.

I tend to lean towards the 2nd one too....but I've heard the 1st one mentioned a few times, so I put it out there.

The second just seems more logical because the scene's are very similar and Jason is a big part of the story.

Hey I have a huge Nitty Pick. There was this poster here called MatchesMalone, remember? What happened to that guy? He said he'd eat his first superman comic if Jason was superman's son. Did he do it?

Wesyeed said:
Hey I have a huge Nitty Pick. There was this poster here called MatchesMalone, remember? What happened to that guy? He said he'd eat his first superman comic if Jason was superman's son. Did he do it?
Why do you think he's not here...he started eating it and it got stuck in his throat.....

:unishr: R.I.P. MatchesMalone:unishr:

Matches is dead?

noooooooobz4.jpg

C. Lee said:
There has been a couple of different speculations on this.

1) There has been talk that it was originally planned to show that the Kents had special "lead" inbedded glasses made for him to help control his super vision.

2) It was supposed to show a parallel between young Clark no longer needing his glasses after he learns he has super powers (cut scene) to Jason no longer needing his asthma inhaler after learning he has super powers.
They are good theories, but, personaly, i don´t buy them :o

1) If the audience doesn´t get that, it makes no sense to be in the movie.
Anyone that watches the 1st (´cause it´s a "sequel"), will see that he only starts to wear glasses when he starts his Superman career.

2) The all parallel angle is cool, but the problem remains.....if you watch the 1st movie...
Besides, for that to have some kind of resonance, you need to put the two scenes next to one another, so people get the parallel they are trying to make.

Even if you buy those explanations, it doesn´t make sense to go jump around wearing them.
When you jump wearing glasses, they have a strange reaction...sometimes, they just fall.

Well i like the second theory it seems to fit, and the scene's are very similar Clark looking at this glasses and Jason looking at his inhaler.

Isildur´s Heir said:
They are good theories, but, personaly, i don´t buy them :o
Would you like to rent or lease them instead?

Isildur´s Heir said:
1) If the audience doesn´t get that, it makes no sense to be in the movie.
Sort of like-------Why did Supes leave for 5 years, did he or didn't he have sex with Lois, does Lois know if she had sex with Supes, why can the kid use his powers at one time and not another, if the world doesn't need Supes anymore why did they cheer when he returned, what exactly were the pleasures that Lex gave the old lady, was Kal Penn mute, couldn't Supes even afford to buy one Master lock for the FOS.......

Isildur´s Heir said:
Anyone that watches the 1st (´cause it´s a "sequel"), will see that he only starts to wear glasses when he starts his Superman career.
We see Clark in Returns at 15.....we see Clark in STM at 16....he's already learned he doesn't need glasses by the time he is introduced in the first movie.

Isildur´s Heir said:
2) The all parallel angle is cool, but the problem remains.....if you watch the 1st movie...
Besides, for that to have some kind of resonance, you need to put the two scenes next to one another, so people get the parallel they are trying to make.
Oh, I forgot...the modern day audience hasn't the ability to remember things that happen earlier in the same movie and aren't smart enough to figure out subtle things such as superpowered beings discovering their abilities and how that affects them. Shame on me for expecting people to figure out that 2+2=4.

Isildur´s Heir said:
Even if you buy those explanations, it doesn´t make sense to go jump around wearing them.
When you jump wearing glasses, they have a strange reaction...sometimes, they just fall.
Uh...you've never been a kid? Kids jump around on everything they are not supposed to. They jump around carrying and wearing things they are not supposed to. Kids constantly do things they are not supposed to. That's why they need adult supervision. Plus......if the glasses have something in them to mess with his super powered vision...and the super powered vision doesn't kick in until he discovers he has super powers...then he won't notice that he has super powered vision until after the glasses fall off.

charl_huntress said:
Showtime...I wondering where my shirtless shot went.

Broke Back was FULL of shirtless shots...but GD...I can't one of Superman. That is some straight bull****.

The hospital scene right?

superman being supposedly dead....
cmon. that scene had as much suspense as an inspector gadget episode.
of course he is not dead. this isnt ET here.

I'm sorry to say this but Parker Posey's hair was just... ridiculous. :)

Showtime029 said:
The hospital scene right?

yup. And he was in a coma which you know... ups the ante cause you know you would have a shot. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"