The Dark Knight I still not understand this cast option

SUPERSEBAS

Sidekick
Reaction score
I still not understand why having a much appropriate
actor like Crispin Glover, Nolan insists to say that Heath Ledger is the one!!!! he is a very good actor, but is not the one for that role, Crispin Glover not only have the perfect look for the joker, his performance as an actor make him a millon times better option that H.L and others!

Just look this comparitions images in the link , ( please someone post them here to everybody can see) and please vote with good criterion

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/48785842/

besides the fact that he’s 15 year older then heath (and this is suppose to be a young Joker)
It‘s cause, he didn't want the joker to look like this lol

No, but, seriously, he picked heath, cause heath understood, and was good for the way, Nolan wanted his joker to be portrayed, heath fit his vision of the character, glover, or any of the other fan picks, didn't
why question it

How can you say that Glover would be better Joker? Have you seen Ledger as Joker already? Example: I thought Daniel Craig as James Bond would suck but after seen CR, he made me see that just because an actor chosen to play a character doesn't fit in. it does not mean he can't be great as the character. What I mean is see the film then say if he's good enough or not.

besides the fact that he’s 15 year older then heath (and this is suppose to be a young Joker)

No, but, seriously, he picked heath, cause heath understood, and was good for the way, Nolan wanted his joker to be portrayed, heath fit his vision of the character, glover, or any of the other fan picks, didn't
why question it

Well, I see him acting, and for more good actor we can be, there is no character or movie that he made that tell me than he is good for the role !!!

As I say before, Glover have the spirit, the acting and the look. Heath have .... the oscar ? Yes! I think that is the reason for Nolan to cast him! I am sure that Nolan is going to do a good joker with Heath, now wen we see that! I only can think that all that with Glover would be much, much better!!!

Please post Images of the link I post!

How can you say that Glover would be better Joker? Have you seen Ledger as Joker already? Example: I thought Daniel Craig as James Bond would suck but after seen CR, he made me see that just because an actor chosen to play a character doesn't fit in. it does not mean he can't be great as the character. What I mean is see the film then say if he's good enough or not.
But we haven't (and will never) see Glover as the Joker. So, comparing one guy who has never played the Joker to another guy who has never played the Joker is a fair (if not highly speculative) comparison.

But we haven't (and will never) see Glover as the Joker. So, comparing one guy who has never played the Joker to another guy who has never played the Joker is a fair (if not highly speculative) comparison.

Finally, someone who understand me!!!!! I tell you this people!

WE ARE LOSEING A GREAT OPORTUNITY!!!!!!!!

Well, I see him acting, and for more good actor we can be, there is no character or movie that he made that tell me than he is good for the role !!!

As I say before, Glover have the spirit, the acting and the look. Heath have .... the oscar ? Yes! I think that is the reason for Nolan to cast him! I am sure that Nolan is going to do a good joker with Heath, now wen we see that! I only can think that all that with Glover would be much, much better!!!

from what i've heard in interviews and such with Nolan, is that bale actually was the one who gave him the idea, after he meet heath while working with him in "I'm Not There", and then after meeting with him himself, Nolan felt that he was the right man for the job
or something like that?
and again the age thing probably hurt Glover in having any chance of being in the role
and, as one of your (and many other peoples) main argument for their personal picks of who you/they wanted in the role, was always something like, he played roles very similar to the joker in other movies, so, we know he can pull it off, the problem I have with that is, we’ve already seen that, I would like to see something new, something original.

It goes like this:

Yes, Crispin Glover would be a great choice for a straight, by the books adaptation of the Batman comics, but that's not what we have here.

This isn't Bob Kane and Bill Finger's Batman, this is *Christopher Nolan's* Batman, and in it, Heath Ledger fits like a glove.

Christian Bale himself looks nothing like Bruce Wayne from the comics, and yet he is definitely the greatest Batman actor of all time. Why not let Nolan pick someone who he KNOWS will be great for HIS interpretation of Batman, instead of going with someone who simply looks similar to the comic book version of a character?

But Glover doesn't just look like the Joker, he's bat**** crazy as well.

what the **** did you just say

That's why I asked "How do you know Glover would be better than Ledger?" We HAVEN'T seen TDK, Glover is old (40s) to play Joker anyway, Ledger is very good actor and I always seen Joker younger than Batman or few years older plus we already had older villian in Batman Begins.

Anyway, I think Ledger is a better actor than Glover.
But I don't give a crap for Oscar's nominations.

And Glover is also known as someone who causes a lot of trouble during filming productions, I don't know for sure if this is indeed true, but if it is, that would be already a wise reason for do not choose him.

But Glover doesn't just look like the Joker, he's bat**** crazy as well.

He's the wrong kind of crazy though. He's more of a creepy, wierd type of crazy than an in-your-face laughing maniac kind of crazy. He also lacks the charm of the Joker. And he's a terrible actor.

i chose heath,i used to want glover but after his dad back talked ledger,i lost respect for glover

haha hestill needs hisdad to fight his battles !

Simple really, Ledger is a better fit for what Nolan is going for. Its not just about who will make a good joker. If that were the case then Bettany, Glover, Hulme are all ideal candidates.

But, the issue is who will make a good joker in Nolan's batman film. And this is why he chose Ledger.

is that Kal Penn? :wow:

honestly speaking, i'd go for Crispin any time of the day, but i'm willing to give Ledger a chance. the guy's got the Joker Grin naturally at least.

obviously..we are not sure what this version of the joker is going to be like yet, i guess nolan has seen something in heaths "portrayal" in his screen test that best represents the script and the version of the joker he wants.

obviously..we are not sure what this version of the joker is going to be like yet, i guess nolan has seen something in heaths "portrayal" in his screen test that best represents the script and the version of the joker he wants.

MMMM !! well, wollywood should try to made the version of the heros that the fans want with the directors look, and not only the personal way that the director want

My theory is that is not a matters of who is better actor, for me Glover thosen have the oportunity to show how good he is! and if you see him doing some characters in the same way, is because , the producer and directors give him the same kind of characters allways! or whant him to play it on that way!

There are actors that are no so good as othes, but is a matter of who is best for a role, and I think that for more better actor that Ledger can be over Glover ( I dont think so) , Glover is more appropiate! In the same case, Anthony Hopkins is better actor than anyone, but he is not for the rol

I see Ledger in a lot of movies and for more good actor he can be, there is no character or movie that he made that tell me than he is the best for the role !!!

I dont want a cartoony joker, I like to see a very realistic psychotic Joker, and with a realistic look, no green hair, and more like a gothic guy, with black hair, withe face, black lips and nails, or something like that! with a sadist humor.

And if we see a joker like that, changing for better a lot of things, the actor need a very strong look on his face characteristics! look very good the exprecion of glover in the first 2 images, in the fisrt one he look very crazy and threatening, in the second one he is serius but with a very evil look! that is exactly the way of this Joker have to ve to look realistic, and in the image N 3, look his profile! look that noise, Ledger thosen have that face! Glover almost thosen need makup!

Well I really dont undestand you people, we have the joker here, and he have everything, he is perfect and no one here undertand that!!!

Nolan is going to do a good Joker as Burton do it with Nicolson!, but Glover can be the perfect joker, as Chris Reeve was the perfect Superman!

what a shame !! If we would be agree, we can say to Nolan, we whant Glover for joker! we can do tha all together, but novody is agree with me and nobody is agree with nobody of who is the perfect man fot that role, so this is never going to happen!

What I going to do, is to made an ilustration of Crispin as the joker as I dream him for the role!

I think Nolan would prefer to work with talented actors than real life nutjobs. seriously, I know someone who worked with Crispin on a movie, and he is insane. he's also a mediocare actor.

Ledger is the Joker.

MMMM !! well, wollywood should try to made the version of the heros that the fans want with the directors look, and not only the personal way that the director want

But they have more than the fans to make happy.. we as fans are a small minority compared to joe public.. and i think its madness you think the casting is wrong as we havn't seen him in the role yet?

i guess hindsight is a wonderfull thing.. at the end of the day..most directors including Raimi..doesn't really care if you don't like what he does.. its his vision.

he only cares if he is happy with the movie..

Glover is teh HAX. End of story.

Only in Fanboyville could an Oscar nominee be considered a poorer choice than someone who ZOMG, looks right!

fa1.jpg

I think Nolan would prefer to work with talented actors than real life nutjobs. seriously, I know someone who worked with Crispin on a movie, and he is insane. he's also a mediocare actor.

Ledger is the Joker.

This pretty much covers it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"