I Think I'm Becoming Something I Hate

I was out with my friends last week, getting trashed, as I often do to silence the voices that tell me that life in general is bleak, the earth is a wasteland, and that I should do everyone a favor by killing as many people as possible, when one of the girls there got a call saying there was a party going down, and we should go. We hang out with this girl sometimes as she works with one of my other friends. She's 18, senior in high school.

So, we go to the party, and after a little while, I sober up enough to realize that none of the girls other than the one are 18 or older, and they're all in high school. I'm 21, and in college. And that's when it hits me. I'm becoming the creepy older guy who hangs out at high school parties that I hate. So of course, this causes me to drink more, which causes me to hit on the high school girls more...It's a vicious cycle really

I think what really matters though is you didn't seek out the party, you were just with someone that was invited. How would you know?

It's like that scene in American Pie 2, when they're all at Stifler's party and wonder if they're the cool, older guys or creepy, older guys. They were invited by a friend to the party, sure they probably knew the friend would invite high school girls, but they weren't actively seeking out a high school party.

The girls in their 20s falter between giggly immature teen persona and semi-intellectual basket case as well, so be careful in that zone as well.

The girls in their 20s falter between giggly immature teen persona and semi-intellectual basket case as well, so be careful in that zone as well.

Some of them continue to do it in their 30's too.

yall criticize me but yall dont even know me, my life, stuff that i have to deal with. i grew up without a dad, and yea alot of people do and they turnout fine, but most people dont find out that theyre a pruduct of rape, my mom was raped at 15, no money for abortion. guy a.k.a my dad was never found. if you see some of my post ill jokinly say im drinking jack daniels or liqourat that moment, but its not a joke, im pretty much an alcoholic.

Well, then maybe you should change you life, you seem to enjoy your life, but if you stay in that same mindset nothing will change. Start working with kids going through your situation and try to help them overcome it. Stop blaming your (admittedly) screwed up conception and work on changing things, you're the only one who can.

I know quite a few people who had screwed up childhoods and became very successful and leading great lives now. At the same time, also knew plenty of people with great childhoods who turned out really screwed up. It's your life, don't let some a-hole you never met ruin it for you.

I was out with my friends last week, getting trashed, as I often do to silence the voices that tell me that life in general is bleak, the earth is a wasteland, and that I should do everyone a favor by killing as many people as possible, when one of the girls there got a call saying there was a party going down, and we should go. We hang out with this girl sometimes as she works with one of my other friends. She's 18, senior in high school.

So, we go to the party, and after a little while, I sober up enough to realize that none of the girls other than the one are 18 or older, and they're all in high school. I'm 21, and in college. And that's when it hits me. I'm becoming the creepy older guy who hangs out at high school parties that I hate. So of course, this causes me to drink more, which causes me to hit on the high school girls more...It's a vicious cycle really

you bastard. Im 34!!!

Well, then maybe you should change you life, you seem to enjoy your life, but if you stay in that same mindset nothing will change. Start working with kids going through your situation and try to help them overcome it. Stop blaming your (admittedly) screwed up conception and work on changing things, you're the only one who can.

I know quite a few people who had screwed up childhoods and became very successful and leading great lives now. At the same time, also knew plenty of people with great childhoods who turned out really screwed up. It's your life, don't let some a-hole you never met ruin it for you.
Good post, amazingfantasy15.

I've had a pretty good life so far, so I can't really give you any tips about that. But I mean, if you aren't happy, it doesn't have to be that way. You can change things around, even if it's just something small.

As an 18 year old girl myself... eww. Please do not be that guy. I think dating older guys in the first place is creepy, but having those older guys at our parties seeking us out makes me feel very uncomfortable and jailbait-y. In a bad way.

Is this really a big deal? He's 21 and the girl is 18. There's a three year age difference, both are legal. I really don't see what the big deal is 21 is still young anyway :huh:

I'm just speaking from the other side of the issue. 21 and 18 isn't bad. I know lots of girls in my senior class who are dating guys about that old. 21 and 16 is... gross. Maturity levels or no, there is something wrong with JokerJr. setting his limit at 16. At 16 I would have been extremely bothered by the thought of being with someone that old--a junior in college shouldn't have anything to do with a sophomore in high school. Those girls are only just learning how to drive, which is one of your first big adult achievements, while a 21-year-old guy is already able to drink and everything else.

Makes me a little uncomfortable. Stick to girls in your own school.

Is this really a big deal? He's 21 and the girl is 18. There's a three year age difference, both are legal. I really don't see what the big deal is 21 is still young anyway :huh:

It's not bad at all. Only way that kind of age gap would be bad is if the girl was a year younger and thus would be illegal.

I'm just speaking from the other side of the issue. 21 and 18 isn't bad. I know lots of girls in my senior class who are dating guys about that old. 21 and 16 is... gross. Maturity levels or no, there is something wrong with JokerJr. setting his limit at 16. At 16 I would have been extremely bothered by the thought of being with someone that old--a junior in college shouldn't have anything to do with a sophomore in high school. Those girls are only just learning how to drive, which is one of your first big adult achievements, while a 21-year-old guy is already able to drink and everything else.

Makes me a little uncomfortable. Stick to girls in your own school.
Yeah, when you're a teenager, those few years make a huge difference in life experiences. When I was in college, I could barely remember what high school was like. It's a totally different playing field.

I mean, when you're much older, the difference between 40 and 50 isn't much at all. But when you're just around 20, it's just so different.

But it depends on the people, of course. There are extremely mature high schoolers and there are extremely immature 40-year-olds.

All I have to say is, thank god all my friends are between 18-26....

milo_ventimiglia_world_tour_08.jpg

Score! And that ain't cranberry juice, Hayden.

If you were 35 then you'd have a point, but there really isn't that much of an age difference. Also, as long as you didn't do anything illegal, you're OK. If I were you I'd avoid getting in that situation. Cause the more you got hammered the more you flirted, and acted stupid and that could lead to trouble.

I think he's lamenting the fact that he's 21 and still hanging out with high school girls. ;)

jag

Going out with 18 year olds only works if you're working with them. Come on, guys, focus.

It sounds like you wanted to be there, and that you enjoyed the dynamics involved. You don't do things drunk that you don't already want to do on some level. So one assumes there must be something about the atmosphere there that you like. You're 21, not 30. When you get to be 23 and you'd rather hang out at high school parties than college ones, then there might be an issue (or there might not be, it's not like "partiers" get more mature when they turn 24 as opposed to 18). But as it stands, it sounds like you went somewhere that ended up being a high school party. It's really not that big a deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"