So I've discovered I'm not liked anymore

deathshead2

Avenger
Reaction score
I've found that none of my friends want to talk to me. Friends will talk to me about haning out and then when I call them they eiter won't answer or their parents will say they're with other friends. They no longer call me, or will answer the phone when I call. I'm not invited anywhere, and they won't talk to me at school.
I have no idea what to do. I'm in my third year of high school and I don't think I can make any new friends. No one else at school likes me that much either and I don't really know why.

I think most of my friends won't talk to me anymore cus they've all grown into highschool fads. Which I'm not apart of. Unless Nerd is a fad, and if it is I'm the only one at my school whos that one.

I don't know what to do. :csad: I;ve lost my friends and now im complaining about it on a message board.

find new friends

Go out and find new places to see and find groups or clubs you might be interested in

Eh. Just deal with it and get used to being alone the rest of your life.

Did you ever consider your behavior or presence is just off-putting to some people? I'm sure they didn't randomly wake up one day and decide to banish you from their circles.

Start talking to people in your class. Talk to the guy or girl that sits next, in front, and/or behind you. Talking is the first step towards developing a friendship. If your friends stopped being your friend because they grew into a fad, then (this won't sound good, but it may be the truth) chances are they weren't your friends to begin with. There are ALOT of different people in a high school. You can and will find somebody.

Did you ever consider your behavior or presence is just off-putting to some people? I'm sure they didn't randomly wake up one day and decide to banish you from their circles.
I can be rather negative.

You are your own worst enemy. Have you considered that it may be you that turned your friends off? Try making a change for the better. It will help you grow into a better person and will help your relationships with people in the long run.

Did that.

Eventually, you will make friends with someone.

You are your own worst enemy. Have you considered that it may be you that turned your friends off? Try making a change for the better. It will help you grow into a better person and will help your relationships with people in the long run.

Eventually, you will make friends with someone.
High school is a had place to make new friends. Everyone has pretty much settled into whos a friend and whos not. Most of my classes involve people who just are jerks and make fun of me throughout.

Well then you may be considered the Debbie Downer of your school. That's actually one of the worst types, since there are rarely a group of people like that, and no one wants to associate with that type of person.

Just try to be more upbeat and FUN to be around.

Well then you may be considered the Debbie Downer of your school. That's actually one of the worst types, since there are rarely a group of people like that, and no one wants to associate with that type of person.

Just try to be more upbeat and FUN to be around.
Alright I'll try that.

How old are you? When I was thirteen (grade 8) pretty much the same thing happened to me... It was basically my own fault though, since I had been a horrible person throughout the year and my friends decided that I wasn't worth it. I ended up going from ''one of the most popular'' to probably the most hated person in my grade...

I went to a different high school after that, but not because of the fighting with friends or whatever, we moved. I wasn't sad about it though, since I had another chance to start over... but a few of the people from my old school went there too (since it was not that far from the other high school)

Eventually I made new friends and re-made friendships with the old friends. I just had to you know, stop being such a b!tch and start being a nice person, and stop talking about people behind their backs.

Honestly, not to sound like a jerk, but as I realised, it was probably something that you did that made them dislike you.

Just don't be obvious about it though. I've seen plenty of people unnaturally trying to be likable, and it blows up in their face big-time.
Nah I'll just start watching what I say. I'll try small things, like having more energy, smiling every now and then, watch my jokes and plan them better. Stuff like that. Don't want to make it to obvious like you said.
Even though I'm going to try it I don't think it'll work to well. Most of my friends have moved on to far in their groups. But at least I'm trying.

I guess the only thing I can say is to not be negative. Even when the odds don't look well, keep a positive attitude. Try your best not to make yourself out in the spotlight to be made fun of, but at the same time, don't be afraid of anybody or whatever jokes they throw at you. Don't let anybody hinder your performance in school, nor what you do in school. At the end of the day, they are guys that you don't know and will never get to know. They are only temporary, and only remain temporary if you realize that they are only that. Once you let them get to you, they become your scars and remain permanent. Don't change yourself just to fit in, either. Do you.

By the way, I'm not some 20-something who is ignorant of high schoolers. I am still in high school, too.

How old are you? When I was thirteen (grade 8) pretty much the same thing happened to me... It was basically my own fault though, since I had been a horrible person throughout the year and my friends decided that I wasn't worth it. I ended up going from ''one of the most popular'' to probably the most hated person in my grade...

I went to a different high school after that, but not because of the fighting with friends or whatever, we moved. I wasn't sad about it though, since I had another chance to start over... but a few of the people from my old school went there too (since it was not that far from the other high school)

Eventually I made new friends and re-made friendships with the old friends. I just had to you know, stop being such a b!tch and start being a nice person, and stop talking about people behind their backs.

Honestly, not to sound like a jerk, but as I realised, it was probably something that you did that made them dislike you.
17, and well I'm not a jerk. The jerks are the most popular kinds in school. I should know they pick on me. When I had friends they said was the nicest guy. I never said mean things. I always put up with people changing plans on me last min, and I wouldn't complain about it to them.

Nah I'll just start watching what I say. I'll try small things, like having more energy, smiling every now and then, watch my jokes and plan them better. Stuff like that. Don't want to make it to obvious like you said.
Even though I'm going to try it I don't think it'll work to well. Most of my friends have moved on to far in their groups. But at least I'm trying.

Granted, it's best to be a better friend and a better person, but your friends bailing out and ignoring you like that? Not cool. :down That's not right. Even if it's something you've done, it'd be better if they gave you an answer as to why they've decided to split.

Confront them about it then. At least demand to know what you did wrong, and if they can't explain, at least it'll make them feel awkward and bad about what crappy friends they're being

17, and well I'm not a jerk. The jerks are the most popular kinds in school. I should know they pick on me. When I had friends they said was the nicest guy. I never said mean things. I always put up with people changing plans on me last min, and I wouldn't complain about it to them.
most high schools are like that, and if they pick on you, just ignore them and they won't bother you anymore. Try to act mature and im sure you'll make new friends sooner or later

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"