So I've discovered I'm not liked anymore

I can be rather negative.

I see a fair share of candy coated advice in here for you deathshead2. The kind of advice that tells you to change who you are in a lot of cases. Although it's not very inviting to be a negative pessimist all the time, don't be something your not.

I started to lose some of my friends a year or two after high school. At first it was a downer but then I realized that, like a lot or even dare I say most people, they became fake just to fit in finally and be popular.

I don't trust a lot of people because from my experience too many people out there are like sheep. Just following that norm even if it means turning a big part of yourself off just to be accepted.

Do what feels right, if your naturally pessimistic and don't see or feel anything wrong with it then don't change yourself.(I myself am a bit on the negative side a lot...I call it being a realist. I don't like candy coated ideas or smoke blown up my ass)

My friends find me funny when I'm actually being negative and ranting about something. If I try to be funny in your average person kind of way...it never works. So I just act like myself.

I can't stand people that have that fake smile and laugh at everything attitude, it literally disgusts me.

Over time I made some new friends not to mention a few of my older friends came back because I don't know...I guess they woke up.

Just do what feels right. Unless fitting in and being accepted by the "majority" is what you strive for, just be yourself and try to meet new people that like you for who you are.

Remember, your still in high school. There's a whole world out there for you to explore.

I've found that none of my friends want to talk to me. Friends will talk to me about haning out and then when I call them they eiter won't answer or their parents will say they're with other friends. They no longer call me, or will answer the phone when I call. I'm not invited anywhere, and they won't talk to me at school.
I have no idea what to do. I'm in my third year of high school and I don't think I can make any new friends. No one else at school likes me that much either and I don't really know why.

I think most of my friends won't talk to me anymore cus they've all grown into highschool fads. Which I'm not apart of. Unless Nerd is a fad, and if it is I'm the only one at my school whos that one.

I don't know what to do. :csad: I;ve lost my friends and now im complaining about it on a message board.

I was in the same predictament as you at one point. Want to know what completely changed my life around? Lifting Weights. Lifting Weights is the best a man can do for his social life. When I was skinny, no girls liked me, guys allways started fights with me. I was a social outcast. Then I started to lift weights, a year later, I was swimming in pus-sy, my old guy friends who once ostracised me started to kiss my ass. It was like i was infused with a mutant gene of social acceptance. If you're serious about changing your life, PM me anytime on what you need to do as far as GYM excercises. Trust me dude, you'll never feel happier. All it takes is patience, and about 45 minutes of your time 5 days a week.

Find your old friends. If they're really blowing you off and not just being inconsiderate, hit them, and find new friends.

Find someone else who has no friends, and be their friend.

Unfortunately if you're a girl in this sort of predicament, lifting weights won't work :/

Find your old friends. If they're really blowing you off and not just being inconsiderate, hit them, and find new friends.

seinfield.gif

I've found that none of my friends want to talk to me. Friends will talk to me about haning out and then when I call them they eiter won't answer or their parents will say they're with other friends. They no longer call me, or will answer the phone when I call. I'm not invited anywhere, and they won't talk to me at school.
I have no idea what to do. I'm in my third year of high school and I don't think I can make any new friends. No one else at school likes me that much either and I don't really know why.

I think most of my friends won't talk to me anymore cus they've all grown into highschool fads. Which I'm not apart of. Unless Nerd is a fad, and if it is I'm the only one at my school whos that one.

I don't know what to do. :csad: I;ve lost my friends and now im complaining about it on a message board.

unless you live in a tiny town populated by 50 people, you are not the only nerd at your high school.

if there's one constant that's been the same since the beginning of time, it's that there are nerds in every high school.

maybe you just need to lower your standards as far as who you want to be friends with, since no one wants to be your friend, apparently.

I've found that none of my friends want to talk to me.

If that is the case,then you never had any friends to begin with. I would say to get used to being by yourself and to talk to yourself more often.

I was in the same predictament as you at one point. Want to know what completely changed my life around? Lifting Weights. Lifting Weights is the best a man can do for his social life. When I was skinny, no girls liked me, guys allways started fights with me. I was a social outcast. Then I started to lift weights, a year later, I was swimming in pus-sy, my old guy friends who once ostracised me started to kiss my ass. It was like i was infused with a mutant gene of social acceptance. If you're serious about changing your life, PM me anytime on what you need to do as far as GYM excercises. Trust me dude, you'll never feel happier. All it takes is patience, and about 45 minutes of your time 5 days a week.

:pal:

This is my new favorite thread and proves once again that SHH is the best place for advice.

1. Shower
2. Stop making nerdy refferences to everything that is said to you
3. Stop being a *****ebag/a**hole

it's one of those 3 things...deal with it, you're probably a terrible person :o

17, and well I'm not a jerk. The jerks are the most popular kinds in school. I should know they pick on me. When I had friends they said was the nicest guy. I never said mean things. I always put up with people changing plans on me last min, and I wouldn't complain about it to them.
You need to be more assertive. You should also work on your self confidence and loosen up a little.

Something similar happened to me when I was also in the 11th grade at my high school. My advice would be what I did where I just tried to be optimistic and keep in mind that things will get better in time.

I hate you.

Similar thing happened to me in high school, all my friends from Jr. High started to hang out with me less and less and finally just stopped talking to me all together. I'm pretty sure it's cause I was involved in sports during high school and that tended to cut into time I'd be able to hang out with them. So when they stopped hanging out with me all together just drifted towards hanging out with members of the teams I was on more. Of course, it doesn't sound like you're in any sports, and if that's the case my advice is pretty useless. Sucks to be you I guess.

As you leave High School, you're lucky to have 2-3 friends that stick by you. Join some other activities at school and hopefully you will make new friends.

Puchase a Sims program and create your own electronic friends, you can make them do whatever you want and if they ever piss you off, you pull the plug and start over.

If you are an "Eeore"
personality,.....

Start working on finding your 100 acre wood.

Translation: Baring accidents and stupidty you are scheduled to live at least 60+ years,... Consider that it takes two to tango, no man is an island, and in most cases you get what you give, (to the extent of the other persons quirks), and try to move forward.

Complaining is good,... You'll live longer. Folk who always suck it up,.. show a stiff upper lip and try to man it out die early from the stress that generates.
Women are finding this out now as the six to twelve year lifespan gap is shrinking as they try to be "more like men".

Please don't take the "cold water" responses you have already gotten here to heart,... if they didn't care or understand something of your issue, they would not have responded.

I have one friend with which in all cases under all circumstance I could trust with my life,... I met him in High school.

We talk maybe once every eight months,.. because of where we each are and what we are doing.

I have over a hundred aquaintences who I can "hang out with" who share my quirky, geek-jock nature.

Being alone is an option in the western world.

Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"