I Want to write a Fan-Fic

Brendan

Dead By Dawn
Reaction score
Alright, I've moved all the way to the other side of the country and I'm starting school next week. I have no classes on Friday. I haven't attempted to write a feature screenplay in almost a year and I want the practice. I figured the best thing to write is a script based on already existing material. First thing that jumped into my mind was Punisher.

This is just going to be a writing exorcise, but I want some input too.

My first ideas were to go over his origin at the very beginning. Briefly touching upon Vietnam and what happened at Valley Forge. What happened there would be brought up again. The family massacre will follow. I was thinking of doing something similar to The Cell, where his family was killed in a random crossfire rather than stumbling upon a random gangland exectution and being shot at specificially for witnessing it.

Then jump straight into the action. Year One in New York. Set in the 1970's. Someone in a skull shirt is killing mobsters but no one knows who he is yet. Kinda like a Punisher Begins type story. Frank is pissing off all the right people and eventually the **** hits the fan. Billy Russo would be a supporting character rather than the lead villian. He'll get a face full of glass towards the end. I don't want to give too many details on the plot right now though because I'm still piecing it together. But I do also want to include Rykers. Maybe at the end.

Places I will probably need the most help on is weapons. Not exactly an expert on guns so any advice there is much appreciated. And what action scenes and other moments would you want to see? The first action scene that comes to mind that I want to do is the chase in train station in Circle of Blood.

Anything kind of comments is much appreciated.

Sorry it took so long to respond, I just found this. I think what you're doing is a great idea to test your abilities as a writer, and I like the direction. For weapons, just go with time based weapons of the era like street sweepers, M-60s, .45s, shotguns, and some explosive devices. But the question that I have is, if it's based in the 70's for the first film, will the later films, take place in the same era or in different eras like from 80's-00's?

I think Frank likes the M16, and that would have been available at the time. Not to punks on the streets, but still. I don't think guns matter that much to your screenplay, just separate them with pistols, rifles, shotguns and machine guns. Doesn't matter too much if the pistol is a glock, desert eagle, luger, colt, etc.

Try to get him spinning on a chandilier at least once in the movie, it's an iconic Punisher staple. But personally, I think it'd be cool if you tried to allude to the 616 universe occasionally, if possible. Even if it's just seeing a Daily Bugle or owning a weapon manufactured by Stark Industries.

I think Frank likes the M16, and that would have been available at the time.

Actually Frank being a Vietnam vet he would have hated the M16 as they had a high failure rate in Vietnam. Most vets hated that damn rifle.

I could have sworn there was a MAX comic where Frank talks about liking the M16... I'll have to see if I can find it, or if it was just my imagination. But actually, now that you mention it, I do remember that Vietnam vets didn't like the M16, and sometimes swapped for fallen AK47s. However, the AK47 had a disctinct firing noise, so sometimes you'd end up a friendly fire victim...

I could have sworn there was a MAX comic where Frank talks about liking the M16... I'll have to see if I can find it, or if it was just my imagination. But actually, now that you mention it, I do remember that Vietnam vets didn't like the M16, and sometimes swapped for fallen AK47s. However, the AK47 had a disctinct firing noise, so sometimes you'd end up a friendly fire victim...

Sounds like #50. The first issue in the Long, Cold, Dark story arc. He pretty much brought up every highlight and flaw though of each gun he tested in that scene.

if it's based in the 70's for the first film, will the later films, take place in the same era or in different eras like from 80's-00's?

I'm just writing the script for both fun and practice to basically kill time, so I really don't have any sequel scripts in mind at the moment.

I remember in War Journal he took an especial liking to the H&k g11 (?) and the goncz automatic.

"iconic Punisher staple."

I always thought a
Punisher iconic moment would be him gorilla pressing criminals and tossing them off buildings, like old school Batman use to do. Be sure you include his massive shoulder strength. I always make it a habit to put on my Punisher tee on days I do shoulders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"