What is it you people really want?

Both Batman Begins and TDK use a lot of yellow/green/brown colours and lights in the night shots of Gotham City, and it makes it look murky and dark. It's a similar vein here, with dark browns and reds in the cityscape at night and green/brown/blues in the indoor stuff. It's not a bright neon colour scheme like you make it out to be.

But, you're entitled to your opinion.

But there is a difference in what BB & TDK did and War Zone, and this from an interview, where it is stated that they lite up entire streets with neon. It looks garish in War Zone. It makes also seem brighter than the 2004 film to me.

What works on the comic book page doesn't always work on the silver screen. But then again you probably wanted Wolverine wearing that yellow spandex.

Yeah, you got me there. :whatever:

But there is a difference in what BB & TDK did and War Zone, and this from an interview, where it is stated that they lite up entire streets with neon. It looks garish in War Zone. It makes also seem brighter than the 2004 film to me.

Again, your opinion. In my opnion, the only scene that looks "bright" is the dinner scene that's bathed in red light...from a red flare.

What works on the comic book page doesn't always work on the silver screen. But then again you probably wanted Wolverine wearing that yellow spandex.

I would rather them not have Wolverine at all :cyclops: But if Watchmen can pull off making their movie counterparts look just like the comic, I dare say that yellow suits could work for the X-men.

I'm not saying he took a big chunk out of the budget, just maybe a little bit extra money went along with him when he left. I've never read one thing where Jane says the Hensleigh sucks, and Hensleigh script not being used doesn't mean anything, he probably wrote a draft or two and had a disagreement with Lionsgate so on and so forth. Very rarely will a first draft of a script ever be made, the studio will always hire other writers to work/script doctor it.
Yeah Jane didn't like it too hot and yeah the LGF could hire new writer to rewrite it.But I think they and Marvel really wanted to get the Punisher right this time.

It was a sequel, he left, they rebooted. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

I dig the colours. They aren't "bright" or "neon" at all; they are murky and stylistic. Kind of reminds me of something...

pun_max_cover_12.jpg

pun_max_cover_06.jpg

pun_max_39_cover.jpg

Hmmm...I can't quite put my finger on it...
Ha,Ha.Great find BD:word:

Am I to understand that you all think that this movie will be all neon? I too am starting to wonder what people want. Supposedly THE PUNISHER wasn't faithful enough, and didn't have enough action.

So Marvel/the filmmakers go "You're right, some things were off", and fans are presented with a movie that obviously is more faithful than it's predecessor with a ton of not only action, but violent action...and there's too much neon, too much action...it would appear some people just hate damn near everything they see.

Directorwise, Lexi Alexander may well be C-list, but she also WANTED to direct The Punisher. She's all but proved she understands (and has reverence for) the character and his world, and she's passionate about it, and to me, that means something. Not everything, as I haven't seen the actual FILM yet. But something, definitely.

Oh, some of it too over the top? I see some have never read a Punisher comic. Ever. And I mean ever. We're talking about a man who tooled around in a freaking battle van fighting supervillains and far-out mobsters for most of his existence.

I also don't get the venom for the script, which was, as we know, an early draft. It's not GREAT, but it's not anything resembling bad, either. It hits all the right character and story points, raises some interesting issues about The Punisher's life and work, and presents The Punisher as he generally should be, a conflict-ridden, and very "gray", one man war on crime.

As for The Punisher taking too much time, killing with things that aren't guns, and not being enough of a soldier...

Well, he's not a soldier. He was one, but now he operates outside the law, and outside society. He is now The Punisher. Lost on people is that this is a man who doesn't just do. He often ENJOYS what he's doing. You think he's doing the chandelier thing because he HAS to? No. He's doing it because he gets a kick out of it, and because it's the kind of thing The Punisher used to do. Kill people in unique ways.

To me, this movie seems like a decent blend of realism and comic book excess. I see both "looking cool with guns" AND straightforward soldier elements married together, which is the right approach, in my mind. And I see a script that takes the idea of Frank Castle seriously.

But hey, there's neon in part of the film. It MUST be awful.
Well said:grin::woot:

Yeah, you got me there. :whatever:

Again, your opinion. In my opnion, the only scene that looks "bright" is the dinner scene that's bathed in red light...from a red flare.
I like the bright red light dinner scene:)The only thing that bothers me a little, is the big purple background behind Ray.

What do I want? A movie that nails the character and that we really get to know him. Out of all the heros, the Punisher should be one of the easiest to adapt into at least a decent film. Sadly, we've also been proven wrong...twice. Hopefully this will good, but after reading the script, I'm not holding my breath.

I would rather them not have Wolverine at all :cyclops: But if Watchmen can pull off making their movie counterparts look just like the comic, I dare say that yellow suits could work for the X-men.

Thing is The Watchmen movie costumes aren't that accurate to the comic. Especially Nite-Owls and Ozymandias.

Thing is The Watchmen movie costumes aren't that accurate to the comic. Especially Nite-Owls and Ozymandias.

Its true, but just looking at their costumes in the movie, they have that comic look to them.

The costumes in Watchmen are actually more of a critique of comic film costumes.

Back on topic. What I want from the Punisher movie is simple. A proper representation of the character and his history. I don't want a panel for panel translation on the screen. If I want to see a comic book on the screen I will read the damn comic.

The Punisher movie should start out in Vietnam, so we get an idea of the type of soldier Frank is. Maybe spend 30 minutes on that. Then he comes home and we see the loving father and husband he is. You want the audience to understand why a man would dedicate his life to taking out the types of people that killed his family. You have the Central Park massacre. This is where things can get very deep emotionally. You have Frank being discovered holding his family and the police trying to pry him away from them so the medics can take the bodies away. It has to be one of those scenes where the audience gets teary eyed. You have a fade to black of a police officer saying something about how a man can carry on when his whole family was taken from him in this fashion. Then we fast forward 5 or 10 years later. He's been the Punisher doing what he does best. here is where we have him taking out all kinds of criminal scum. Of course it wouldn't be Hollywood without him finding out who ordered the original hit that put his family in the wrong place at the wrong time and taking them out.
That's a very general synopsis of what I want.

I dig the colours. They aren't "bright" or "neon" at all; they are murky and stylistic. Kind of reminds me of something...

pun_max_cover_12.jpg

pun_max_cover_06.jpg

pun_max_39_cover.jpg

Hmmm...I can't quite put my finger on it...

And Bradstreet who said he wasen't a fan of the lightning himself... Hmmmm :p

How did I know that would be brought up...haha

No. That's one I am looking forward to. But Watchmen was only a 12 issue limited series. If it was an ongoing since 1985 then I would say go for something original.

How did I know that would be brought up...haha

No. That's one I am looking forward to. But Watchmen was only a 12 issue limited series. If it was an ongoing since 1985 then I would say go for something original.

Watchmen is a classic story, it's on a different level than the Punisher. The character has been going on for so long, that different interpretations, for me personally are fine. As long as the core reasoning for him doing what he does is there (losing his family), that's enough for me.

Other comic/film related news. Did anyone else hear the possibility that Sam Mendes now might be doing a movie adaptation of Preacher?

Yeah, they should have left it as a HBO show. I don't see a film working really, there's just too much story. Plus a lot of characters to juggle, you got Arseface, the Saint of Killers, Cassidy, Tulip, Jesse, Jody, T.C.

Last edited:
True, but you also have to consider that Sam Mendes is more like the kind of guy you want behind a project like that than Mark Ghostrider movie Johnson.

What I want a Punisher film to be is something along the lines of Death Sentence. Accept he's fighting Mafia's instead of street gangs. Or fighting both.

The Punisher movie should start out in Vietnam, so we get an idea of the type of soldier Frank is. Maybe spend 30 minutes on that.

30 minutes on him in Vietnam???????????????:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

People hated Hulk because they spent a large beginning of it on his origin. Imagine how people would feel about a half hour long origin.

Last edited:
The Hulk was a long, boring movie though. Some people are tricked into thinking this means it's smart, but no. It's just actionless boredom at it's worse. Frank in the 'Nam would probably have a lot of action, and keep tensions high.

Plus, Bruce Wayne spent probably an hour of Batman Begins training before he actually donned the Batman costume, at least 30 minutes in the far east. And that was done absolutely perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"