Ice Giants and Other Asguardian Creatures Appreciation

gkokujin

Sidekick
Reaction score
Anyone?

anything particular you want to see? Anything you HOPE you don't see?

It would appear the the Frost Giants are just Tall blue guys. :csad:

Well I'd hope they get bigger since Marvel's Frost Giants are shape changers. Remember, LOKI was BORN a Frost Giant.

Last edited:
they look big enough. the movie is made to make money not to lose it

^exactly they still look big imo
Thor-movie-image-17.jpg

I can understand that perhaps it's cheaper to not have to go CGI for the Frost Giants ..... but this picture is always how I imagine them size-wise .....

l_1c61b2f88d5c413fa248aa101f5aa2d3.jpg

OMG i thought some here wanted a 30% bigger giant.

but this? this has looks insane.

Yeah, the "giants" aren't quite that. But they've been pretty small in earlier comics, too. The 10-story giants didn't really become the norm until Simonson's era, and even then there were always runts like Loki and other breeds of giant that were smaller and stuff.

Love the ice giants! I don't really have a problem with the height. The Asgardians are quite tall themselves so maybe when we see them stand next to normal midgardian humans people will be more impressed.

I thought they looked cool in the trailer. But I don't really know how they appear in the source, so I could be wrong.

I know the thread is about asgardian creatures... but I can't stop watching Spidey-Jason's avatar.

I.Can't.Wait.

Thanks.I tried to slow it down a bit,but had no success...

Thanks.I tried to slow it down a bit,but had no success...
What program have you tried using to slow it down?Usally you'll get the option for half speed on almost any given software.

Yeah, the "giants" aren't quite that. But they've been pretty small in earlier comics, too. The 10-story giants didn't really become the norm until Simonson's era, and even then there were always runts like Loki and other breeds of giant that were smaller and stuff.
Why call them Giants then?
I'm not being sarcastic I'm just asking.

Because they were still bigger than the Asgardians on average, and the myths called them giants.

Because they were still bigger than the Asgardians on average, and the myths called them giants.
heh and exaggerating was one vikings did. Naming Greenland, "Greenland" is still big example of that. hehe
I can see Volstagg doing alot of exaggerating and either Fandral or Hogun commenting like this,
Volstagg, "They were GIANT!"
Fandral, "....7 feet tall? Giant....um yeah."

Here's hoping we find Thor and party are only fighting the runt giants and if there is a Thor 2 that's based on Asgard, we see the proper big ones.

Were there not any other fantastical beasts that live on Asgard? Would be nice to see some running/flying around, even if just in the corner of the screen as they pan over the city proper... Or is this version just too techno (or at least, distancing itself from true magic) for them to throw in some myth-like creatures.

I'm not clued up on myths, but it'd be awesome (to me) for Thor to have a griffin as a pet - Take that, Ozy, mine's bigger/more dangerous/cooler than yours :) !!!

Well if you WANT to read about the Myths there's one book in print called The Norse Myths by Kevin Crossley Holland. Some pretty cool reading actually translated by actual stories by Snorri Sturluson who wrote them down around the 10-13th century

Here's hoping we find Thor and party are only fighting the runt giants and if there is a Thor 2 that's based on Asgard, we see the proper big ones.

Were there not any other fantastical beasts that live on Asgard? Would be nice to see some running/flying around, even if just in the corner of the screen as they pan over the city proper... Or is this version just too techno (or at least, distancing itself from true magic) for them to throw in some myth-like creatures.

I'm not clued up on myths, but it'd be awesome (to me) for Thor to have a griffin as a pet - Take that, Ozy, mine's bigger/more dangerous/cooler than yours :) !!!
Not really in Asgard. Asgard was the city of the Aesir. The other races and mythical beasts and such had their own realms/cities. That's why they've got the Nine Worlds.

That said, Volstagg just revealed in the Iron Man/Thor comic that he has a pet dragon, so it's not unprecedented. :)

Well if you WANT to read about the Myths there's one book in print called The Norse Myths by Kevin Crossley Holland. Some pretty cool reading actually translated by actual stories by Snorri Sturluson who wrote them down around the 10-13th century

Thanks! I saw someone else also punting this a while back so I've ordered it online. Well, it's in my wishlist waiting for my wallet to recover from the festive season, since we went over budget on guitar hero Metallica (for the kids, of course :woot:)...

Regarding Asgard, I thought the name was for both 'country' (or even world) and city. Surely they have some fauna running/flying/swimming around in the countryside? Referring to non-sentient beasts I am.

And if Volstagg has pet dragon, what would Thor have? Is there any pet cooler than a dragon?

Well, there are flying horses and dragons, as mentioned. But I think they mostly just have Asgardian equivalents of standard Earth animals.

I would love to see a glimpse of all the other races in the Asgardian dimension like Dwarves, Elves, Trolls, & Demons.

I hope the Frost Giants can grow or there could be a few super sized Frost Giants for Thor's team to fight. I also hope they show the Asgardians superhuman attributes especially when they fight.

Thanks! I saw someone else also punting this a while back so I've ordered it online. Well, it's in my wishlist waiting for my wallet to recover from the festive season, since we went over budget on guitar hero Metallica (for the kids, of course :woot:)...

Regarding Asgard, I thought the name was for both 'country' (or even world) and city. Surely they have some fauna running/flying/swimming around in the countryside? Referring to non-sentient beasts I am.

And if Volstagg has pet dragon, what would Thor have? Is there any pet cooler than a dragon?

You won't regret getting the book Bren. If you can, get or borrow, the Ages of Thunder trade paper back too. The stories in Ages of Thunder cover what led to Thor's banishment, and the Writer adapted actual myths to tell that story.
Well Thor did have two flying Goats, but we haven't seen them since the Asgardians returned in the comics tho. :(

Last edited:
Check this out did anybody know about this

First look at the Frost Giants from Marvel's Thor

Looks like Thor's burly Frost Giants received a total makeover for their upcoming appearance in Marvel's superhero blockbuster. Get a closer look at this mythic character reboot.
Marvelous News discovered a collection of licensed Hasbro Thor movie toys, and stuck in between Loki and Odin is a Frost Giant:
340x_frost_giant.jpg

So that's a pretty skinny giant right there, but then again this may not be the only Frost Giant in the Thor mix. We know for sure that Colm Feore is playing the ice giant Ymir, who is over 1,000 feet tall, but we also know that Thor's family and its relationship with the Frost Giants is pretty pivotal in this film. So this could be an example of one of the many massive frosty warriors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"