Ice Giants and Other Asguardian Creatures Appreciation

I highly doubt Ymir being 1,000 ft in the movie, because the normal Frost Giants are only between 8 to 9ft

Yeah we know. The toys have been out since SDCC. The Thor World toy section has some mock-ups as well as the movie figures.
Check this out did anybody know about this

First look at the Frost Giants from Marvel's Thor

Looks like Thor's burly Frost Giants received a total makeover for their upcoming appearance in Marvel's superhero blockbuster. Get a closer look at this mythic character reboot.
Marvelous News discovered a collection of licensed Hasbro Thor movie toys, and stuck in between Loki and Odin is a Frost Giant:
340x_frost_giant.jpg

So that's a pretty skinny giant right there, but then again this may not be the only Frost Giant in the Thor mix. We know for sure that Colm Feore is playing the ice giant Ymir, who is over 1,000 feet tall, but we also know that Thor's family and its relationship with the Frost Giants is pretty pivotal in this film. So this could be an example of one of the many massive frosty warriors.

I highly doubt Ymir being 1,000 ft in the movie, because the normal Frost Giants are only between 8 to 9ft
I didn't say it they did.
The average Giant according the Marvel stats is 20-30
Also they probably will have him play a giant 1,000 feet tall
as a climatic scene at the end or so.
Yamir is supposed to be like one of the head giants.
So I believe it possible.

Yeah we know. The toys have been out since SDCC. The Thor World toy section has some mock-ups as well as the movie figures.
I was talking about Colm Feore is playing the ice giant Ymir, who is over 1,000 feet tall.

Yeah we knew Clom was a Frost Giant, tho Joesph Gat says THAT particular figure is him. he posted on someone's Facebook Group a couple months back.
Giants no matter which "breed" are shape shifters. I'm not sure these Giants will be getting as big as Ymir did in that Avengers free Comic. Tho it would be cool to show he's supposed to be the oldest in Asgard.

I didn't say it they did.
The average Giant according the Marvel stats is 20-30
Also they probably will have him play a giant 1,000 feet tall
as a climatic scene at the end or so.
Yamir is supposed to be like one of the head giants.
So I believe it possible.

But the Frost Giants are only going to be 8 to 9ft tall in this movie...go look at the official trailer for "Thor" if you want proof

Maybe "over 1,000 feet tall" is a typo that should have been "over 10 feet tall"

Just think how big 1,000 ft actually is. Kind of random. Looking down a line of Frosties - "9ft... 8ft... 8ft... 9ft... 1,000ft!!... 8ft.."

I doubt it'll happen.

It's surely Ymir, look how high he's credited in the cast. Laufey will only be in a flashback.

Well, there are flying horses and dragons, as mentioned. But I think they mostly just have Asgardian equivalents of standard Earth animals.

In the comics do they have Sleipnir and Gulltopr from the actual mythology? I was always wondering about that as well as Fenrir. Wonder if any of them might have a really brief appearance in the film. Something off to the side kind of.

In the comics do they have Sleipnir and Gulltopr from the actual mythology? I was always wondering about that as well as Fenrir. Wonder if any of them might have a really brief appearance in the film. Something off to the side kind of.
Yes Sleipnir is in the comics tho he hasn't been seen since the return of the Asgardians. Thor road him during the Ragnarok arc and also in the Ages of Thunder books.
Haven't seen Gulltopr either since the return. Heimdall did have a horse in Tales of Asgard tho, not sure of a name.

Yeah I know, just wondering which site is right tho. lol

1,000 ft. makes no sense.

Yeah especially when the other members of your race are 8 & 9ft. But I do hope that Ymir is atleast between 15 to 25ft tall in the movie.

Well the rumor is they will get bigger, just how much Bigger I haven't heard.
Ymir being one of the oldest Asgardian beings I would think he could be enormous compared to the regular Frost Giant.
Here's Ymir in the latest showing from the Free comicbook couple years ago.
Ymir01.png

Ymir02.png

Ymir is different from other giants simply because he's one of the primal forces of the Norse cosmology. He was the first living being to emerge in the myths.

Ymir is different from other giants simply because he's one of the primal forces of the Norse cosmology. He was the first living being to emerge in the myths.
there's that too. :D

Laufey was a king among the frost giants.

I thought Laufey was a 'she'. You actually pointed that out elsewhere, and I was shocked, really thought she was a he (wiki'd it).

Anyway, will be much happier if Feore is playing Ymir and not a male Laufey (wtf!). I hope he's not in the main frost giant battle, because I'd prefer him to be a bit more dangerous than what we've seen.

I think I saw in one of the other spoilers that
Thor has to destroy the bridge at the end - If that's true, then maybe while he's doing that, we see massive 25' Ymir marching on Asgard?

Laufey is a "she" in the myths. She's Loki's mom. His father was Farbauti, and guess what? Marvel turned him into Loki's mom instead, effectively swapping his parents' names. Why? My guess is that they saw Loki was called Loki Laufeyson in some myths and assumed that, like other Norse surnames, that meant Laufey was his father. Except Loki has a matriarchal surname for some reason that I never actually learned. So the names got switched.

But as far as the comics--which are what the movie is adapting, not the myths--go, Laufey has always been Loki's father and Farbauti has always been his mother, so it's a gender-swap once removed. Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and possibly Larry Leiber (Stan's younger brother who scripted a lot of early Thor appearances) are the ones who got it wrong all those decades ago. ;)

Shocking. I am forced to righteously boycott the film now........... of course.

Looking at comic Loki's dodgy parentage from myth to comic, no wonder he's so twisted :)
Laufeyson, Farbautison, can't win with either hehehe

But the Frost Giants are only going to be 8 to 9ft tall in this movie...go look at the official trailer for "Thor" if you want proof
I agree I've seen the trailer however I'm talking about the statement made of Yamir being in the movie at over 1,000 feet tall.
Yamir wasn't in those clips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"