ID4 25th Anniversary Appreciation Thread

kguillou

Avenger
Reaction score
25 years years ago, Will Smith, Jeff Goldblum, Bill Pullman and Randy Quaid saved all of humanity in what is arguably one of the best blockbuster films of all time. It doesnt' get much better than this people, this movie had it all: big action, high stakes, memorable, lovable characters and the best damn presidential speech you ever heard. This movie was basically the template of the modern, superhero laden blockbuster market we're living in.

So kick back, fire up the grill, crack a beer, and punch your local alien in the face as we commemorate this awesome awesome film that still holds up 25 years later.

Just started watching this 20 mins ago. :up:

tumblr_ptv17py0mX1rrkahjo6_540.gifv

I'm not far from you, I'm watching it now too. Emmerich does an excellent job with the build up of the threat and introduction of the characters in this thing,
Yeah, his stuff is pretty unwatchable these days, but I really did enjoy 90's Emmerich. Stuff like this and Stargate are forever jams for me, lol.

This and Jurassic Park were my favorite theater experiences as a kid.

A lot of memorable scenes in ID4 to be sure! The White House blowing up, the fire in the tunnel, Will Smith's "Welcome to Earf!", Goldblum's "must go faster", Pullman's presidential speech, heck even Brent Spiner was a scene stealer. The lab scene with the alien attacking too.

Ok, to this day though, i dont quite get the technical mumbo jumbo Goldblum used to determine the aliens’ countdown in the first act. Can someone explain that? :funny:

Seeing ID4 on opening night was one of the best theatrical experiences I've ever had. It was a packed crowd and the atmosphere was electric. They were so into it.

This truly was the event film of that summer. Everyone went and saw it. I have alot of nolstalgia and fondness for it.

Ok, to this day though, i dont quite get the technical mumbo jumbo Goldblum used to determine the aliens’ countdown in the first act. Can someone explain that? :funny:
....No. :funny:

Basically the aliens have hijacked our satellites with a "hidden signal" to communicate with each other and all Goldblum's deciphered from their hidden communications is a countdown to a coordinated attack? That's all I've got.

Z3PQXBwA_o.gif

still holds up well the model work in this film was amazing!

I rewatched it recently. I remembered the speech being more drawn out and more of a build up. But it’s actually a pretty quick speech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"