Sequels Is Fox killing the X-Men

Okay, bring it back to Earth. You're not the emperor of geekdom, so whether you take or accept someone else's view of who should do the F4 is irrelevant. Second, the geek community is rarely, if ever, united on everything. If they were, we wouldn't need forums or even a poll like this if we're just gonna agree with one another all the time.

Any person who still insists on Fox keeping the IP after everything they have done and how they have dragged F4 in the mud is not in his right mind. Plain and simple. That's why there is no preson who does hat :yay:

It's as much an one-sided argument as "should there be an end to Global Warming". And even more than that!

It's as much an one-sided argument as "should there be an end to Global Warming". And even more than that!

FoX should just give it back to have a peace of mind from this mentality of Marvel fans. It drags anything they try to do down because of Revert the Rights crowd. I'm in the Do X-Men Right crowd. But gotta give FF back to keep this mob at bay.

FoX should just give it back to have a peace of mind from this mentality of Marvel fans. It drags anything they try to do down because of Revert the Rights crowd. I'm in the Do X-Men Right crowd. But gotta give FF back to keep this mob at bay.

It's not just the mob mentality. There are F4 fans out there who have been waiting their due for decades. How many more disgraces do they have to endure? The property is at it's lowest right now and i can't see it going much lower.

They deserve to see a solid F4 film. They deserve to see their heroes interact with other heroes and go to cosmic adventures with the larger Marvel universe. You an X-men fan. If Fox didn't have the good X-men films and they had a track record just like F4 just with the X-men name on it. How would you feel as a fan?

You an X-men fan. If Fox didn't have the good X-men films and they had a track record just like F4 just with the X-men name on it. How would you feel as a fan?

The same way I feel now. I've never seen a true X-MEN film yet besides Deadpool.

Thats not how it works.

The CompleX continues....

7c6630ddd35663d7f490ed1eb7e1d153.png

FOX certainly won't be pressured by revert the rights crowd on the internet. They are way too stubborn and are not super reactionary like WB. They won't give the rights back without a fight. I feel Marvel will get the rights but it will go down to the wire, just like what happened with Daredevil.

if what shawn madden says is truth fox will likely do something with F4 before the rights go back.

The CompleX will continue.

And that's Marvel's decision. They are the ones that have decided to be petty and sabotage and marginalize their own characters all for what? Fox are still doing their thing. They still have the FF rights, they have increased their xmen film output and even got 2 tv shows.

Both FOX and Marvel look bad in this situation.

if what shawn madden says is truth fox will likely do something with F4 before the rights go back.

Shawn Madden has no idea what he is talking about. He said on Twitter that FOX always had the X-Men TV rights which could have been disproved with a Google search.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-2nd-circuit/1136021.html

And if FOX always had the rights, why the heck did the company spend over a year negotiating with Marvel for something they had all along? It doesn't make even a little bit of sense.

The only thing FOX is going to do with the FF is pack a snack before they send them back home.

Last edited:
Shawn Madden has no idea what he is talking about. He said on Twitter that FOX always had the X-Men TV rights which could have been disproved with a Google search.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-2nd-circuit/1136021.html

And if FOX always had the rights, why the heck did the company spend over a year negotiating with Marvel for something they had all along? It doesn't make even a little bit of sense.

The only thing FOX is going to do with the FF is pack a snack before they send them back home.

Depends how reliable his 2 sources are i guess.

Depends how reliable his 2 sources are i guess.

he said as result of lawsuit over mutant X agreement was reached where marvel had to sign off on any tv show.generation X being produced back in 1996 backs up what he said.

he has contacts and sources at fox.

MCU fanboys keep claiming ff bombing would give rights to disney or the tv shows assured disney got them.nothing of kind has happened.

I find it hard personally to believe fox was going to do another FF film but i will deter to him.besides fox has 5 years to do something with FF.

The idea that Marvel had to sign off on any X-Men TV show as part of the Mutant X settlement can be easily disproved with just a smidgen of effort.

The first public acknowledgement that TV negotiations were taking place came from Gary Newman in January, 2015.
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/19...-an-x-men-series-after-months-of-speculation/

We next heard from Dana Walden in August, just before FFINO came into theaters. Remember FFINO? The film FOX loyalists were so jacked and pumped for?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fox-nears-deal-x-men-813542

And we got confirmation that a deal was done in October.
http://deadline.com/2015/10/x-men-marvel-series-legion-fx-pilot-hellfire-fox-1201582209/

So we've got nine months at least of negotiations that didn't have to take place because FOX had the rights all along. Makes perfect sense!

I thought Marvel did well adapting Ego even though it was a bit unfaithful to the source material. So Fox should just let the revert rights go back. And maybe they already gave the rights since there's an upcoming animated Deadpool show coming toFxx.

Fantastic Four reboot was a flop, X-Men: Apocalypse was divisive and clearly underperformed. It is a bumpy road, and there are many who believe the studio doesn't truly value what it has. The comic books present an amazing wealth of material that hasn't really been exploited to its full potential.

I have to agree with this :csad:

I beg to differ. When you have a franchise with a continuity which is continously collapsing like X-Men, you kind of do need someone overseeing every film. I believe the more confusing the continuity of these films gets, the less the audience will care about them. Continuity is one of the strenghts of the MCU and one of the reasons why people are engaged with them, people go watch them to find out how they tie into the other films.

I love the X-Men films but continuity (or lack of it) is certainly a mark against them.

One thing is wanting to differentiate itself as a product, and something entirely different is not recognizing a strength the competition has that they lack -- that is what Fox and WB are guilty of IMO.

Nail - hammer! :up:

If fox cared about continuity errors Nightcrawler would not show up before X2 among other things

X:A is in a different timeline to X2 following DoFP, so they're not bound by anything in X1, X2, or X3.

Fox doesnt want to bring back OT, they failed with Angel and Psylocke'characters. so yes they are killing X-men franchise since Apocalypse

Yeah, more or less Legion is doing its own thing. It's in a world where mutants exist, but that's it, so almost like an alternate universe. The closest nod we get to continuity is we see Xavier's wheelchair in a brief flash during one episode. And when David conjures up an image of what he believes his father looks like, he imagines a bald man in a suit since Xavier likely fought the Shadow King.

And both Patrick Stewart and Dan Stevens seem on board with the idea of Xavier appearing in Legion if that were possible, and since it's an alternate world with no direct ties to the films, it's not impossible. Granted, Hawley could obviously recast and get someone besides Stewart or even McAvoy to play Charles, but if the show was going to go with an actor, I feel like Stewart would make the most sense.

At the 3:13 mark-

[YT]nsmTReftEt8[/YT]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back