IF (Ryan Reynolds, directed by John Krasinski)

samsnee

Ok
Reaction score
Ryan at least seems to be playing a different character than his usual schtick. The animated characters still need some work. They’re too flat looking.

Sad to say that I can confidently say this will be better than whatever the hell Imaginary was...

I watched the second trailer of this and this just feels so meh. I feel like they are going for a cutesy-feel-good movie vibes but it just doesn't look interesting at all. Its definitely something I would watch when I'm marathoning new movies at my house. And it would be like in the last 3 of the list.

Sad to say that I can confidently say this will be better than whatever the hell Imaginary was...
I'm guessing they had to change the title for this because of that movie. No way this started development with the title "IF".

if-177110.jpg

Harold_and_the_Purple_Crayon-607541030-mmed.jpg

Are these the same movie?

As a huge fan of The Office, that made my heart smile!

caught this the other day... fun movie, Idk if I was really the intended audience for this ( a lot of family with there little kids in my showing) so, felt a little out of place there lol

but, it was good for what it was

funny to see someone else make this caparison as tho this is meant to be more family friendly then "Imaginary" there were a few scenes that I thought could be edited the right way, into a horror movie concept.... not enough for a full movie, but, easily could make a fan-edit trailer making this look like a horror film lol

People gave this an A cinema score? Wow…it just wasn’t good to me. I got what Krasinski was going for and there were good elements but it just didn’t come together well.

So this is the live-action Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends movie the world needs right now. I wanted to say that anyway.
Agreed. Got vibes of that and stuff like Pete Doctor's Pixar movies, right down to getting the same composer involved.

Also, Steve Carell's Blue was far funnier and likable than the shrill, blobby jackass from Foster's. And no equivalent to Cheese (aka the ill-advised badly-written mentally impaired person the creators don't want to admit was clearly meant to be such a character), thank god.

Last edited:
How about a video game where you create an imaginary friend and use it to fight other kids imaginary friend. You raise it and feed it and train it. Imaginary Monster Champion? No! Pocket Imaginary Monster? No! Pocket Monster! No wait! I can do better! Pokemon!

1716087850505.gif

I like Krasinski and could see what he was going for, however, IF fell flat for me. Couldn't stay awake throughout the movie, and not for lack of trying. Also, Krasinski's character was kind of pissing me off with his constant playing around; it was optimism overload. At one point I recall a nurse telling him to stop and take his "situation" more seriously, to which he replied, "Never", with a smug expression plastered on his face. Just irked me. Maybe I fell asleep during the part where he got serious about it. Eh.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"