The Dark Knight If the first movie hadn't been so kickarse, people would be freaking out now

Let's be honest....

** The new costume that looks like Batman & Robin.
** Some of the Joker casting/make-up decisions.
** Getting rid of original cast members (Katie Holmes) and replacing them with new actors but trying to act like the movie character hasn't changed.

If not for the fact that Batman Begins was so freaking cool, admit it, many of you would be in full blown preproduction panic right now. :woot:

Amazing what trust in a director can do. :oldrazz:

** there's nothing wrong with the costume , hell i think it's the best batman costume out of all the other batman films , so i don't know why everyone hates it .

** nothing wrong with that either .
** oh , so you'd prefer katie holmes over a MUCH more talented actor ?

Honestly, the only two things that concern me at this time are the look of The Joker and the accumulating list of characters.

This is a quote from something I said in another thread, this pretty much showcases my feelings towards The Dark Knight

I personally loved Begins because Nolan was able to show the dramatic aspect of the character better than any other director had...plus it showed Bruce's dedication better than any other Batman movie did...as well as showing his methods.

And I have faith the Dark Knight will be better...sequels to comic book movies as of late have been better (Spider-man 2, X-men 2, Fantastic Four: ROTSS...even though it's not too hard to be better than the original crap fest)

Continuing off of this quote: I think that this movie will begin to focus more on Batman becoming more comfortable in the Bat suit, kicking more ass, showing some more of his detective skills, while at the same time, showing sides of his character that weren't able to be shown in the first. The parallels between the Joker and Batman will definitely be in there, and we will see Batman's relationships with the people of Gotham who are striving for the same things as him (Dent, Gordon) Tragedy will probably be added to this Batman movie as well, mainly because the Joker will be in this. We will see Gotham start to get really ****ed up, and see Batman pushed to his limits.

Let's be honest....

** Getting rid of original cast members (Katie Holmes) and replacing them with new actors but trying to act like the movie character hasn't changed.

If not for the fact that Batman Begins was so freaking cool, admit it, many of you would be in full blown preproduction panic right now. :woot:

Uh, not really.

I mean, when I first found out about BB there were things that seemed iffy to me. The Tumbler looked hideous and absolutely nothing like the Batmobile. Katie Holmes - obviously - isn't that good of an actress. The lack of the Joker or any larger-scale villains in favor of these two...really unknowns in terms of live-action appearances.

Any film, I think, has question marks at first, has things that make you concerned. But, at the same time, if you have something that tells you that in large part the film will be great (in BB's case, I had the script), or you see enough other good things to lead you to believe it'll be good, that's where it counts.

Personally, I think the reasons you just listed a pretty crappy, honestly. I mean, I love the new suit. As I said, I think it's something that we should've had in BB. It's the farthest thing from the B&R suits. It's not gaudy or colorful or utterly irrational; it looks like an urban warfare suit. An urban warfare that people would wear in real life - and while I'm not someone who demands 100% realism, I'll still admit, it's pretty cool looking.

The Joker, I do have a problem with. But, as I said, there's always something you're going to have a problem with in a movie. We'll see, maybe I'll be won over by it on film, maybe I won't. I dunno.

As for recasting Katie Holmes, I honestly think that might have been the best decision Nolan's made for TDK. Let's be honest, everyone hated Katie Holmes in BB. I doubt there's anybody here who wanted to see her personally in TDK. Myself included. However, despite that, I did not at all want to see her just disappear in between films like all of Batman's other love interests have. That has always been a very cheap and foolish decision made by the past directors, IMO. So, given the circumstances, Nolan did the best he could; keep the character in the series but hire a new, MUCH better actress to play her. Like the Batsuit, I honestly wish Nolan had cast Maggie in BB. She's just great, and I'm sure, is going to be 10 times better than Holmes ever was.

So no, it's not just due to blind faith in Nolan that I think TDK is going to be a very good movie. It's that, in a lot of aspects, Nolan has improved on the decisions he made for BB, and given that, it should be a fantastic movie that actually eclipses BB in quality.

Let's be honest....

That's like saying, "If that first bite of that pizza you took wasn't so delicious, you'd probably be vomiting all over yourself just thinking about the next bite.":huh:

BB had everything great actors,story, but it was just so plodding and,yes boring it never excited me. Even iconic moments like Bats jumping escape down the stairs cape in full flow it still didnt excite me ditto the tumbler chase sequence.

Let's be honest....

you know, i completely disagree. if this were the first nolan bat-movie, i can honestlt say i would still be totally jazzed. i love the badass suit that doesn't look a freakin thing like batman and robin, i'm pretty sure i'm going to love his take on the joker, and everything else being done is pretty exciting for me. the only thing i'm not sure about is the batcycle, and that doesn't really matter anyway to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"