The Dark Knight If the first movie hadn't been so kickarse, people would be freaking out now

I'm glad I'm looking forward to this movie. I'm much happier not *****ing about every little detail that's been released to the public.

As a movie, BB was great. As a Batman film, it was ok. I have a definite portrait in my mind of what and who Batman is, and BB is not it. I cannot claim to be a hardcore fan, but somehow all of the military equipment, dark lighting and dirty slums of Gotham have made me dislike some elementsof it. I think that BB is a bit over-rated, and some flaws are ignored because it's consdered such a 'great movie'.

That said, I'm not 'freaking out', but I am concerned. The Joker pictures are sending mixed messages to me (pie face vs. actual make-up), the Batsuit, while very good-looking, seems too mechanical, which I feel takes away some of his mystery. I really don't care about the bike, though it reminds me of something from Star Wars. I don't understand why Rachel is in the film at all.

I'll wait until I see the final product before I say whether or not I liked it, but I can see both sides of this argument, even if I talk more about the negatives than the positives.

Qwerty©;11967750 said:
Even though the characters have different levels of believability and tone?

So are you saying I can criticize Batman Begins because it isn't as comedic as Fantastic Four?

hahahhahaha. you sir are a fool.

chief103182 - your spoiler is the best. :woot:
to be honest I am perplexed as to all the talk about escalation and Gotham being over run by crime. they didnt show much crime in BB. yes they showed some mob bosses, but they didnt really show that the general public were all drug taking nut cases, which is what they are kind of implying in Nolans vision of Batman. He is implying that Gotham is wretched or getting there. :dry:
Plus i thought the whole train CGI thing at the end of BB took away the realism. Same with Wayne Tower. Come on... that big W that looked like a bat shape on some massive CGI building !! I feel Nolan mish mashed his realism and fantasy - and realism he does well but his fantasy comes ill thought out. you know what i mean .... the tumbler chase scene in BB looked slow (hes tried to fix it by showing us a smaller faster bike this time around:ninja:

Joker better make batman beg.and then beg some more. i want heath ledger beat batman into the ground, stamp all over him, laugh kick him in his head. Nolan -- give us a violent mean joker please!!!:word:

Fans are notoriously fickle. And a lot of them, unfortunately, are sheep. They will just sort of go with the crowd at any given point, regardless of how they actually feel about a concept.

If you think about it, a lot of fans were pretty anxious during pre-production for BATMAN BEGINS. A lot of them hated the suit, the Tumbler, Rachel, hated the lack of a costume for Scarecrow, a bunch of other stuff came up here and there. And then...all their complains disappeared. Although, I think a lot of them still don't like those aspects, but silence themselves because...you know, I really don't know why? I think fans are also just really "black and white".

BATMAN BEGINS is a good movie. It honored a character and a mythology while introducing some new elements. It is not a perfect film. Nolan/Goyer/the crew did a lot of things that I really loved. And Nolan Goyer/the crew did a lot of things I thought were stupid, too. I think it's safe to say THE DARK KNIGHT won't be an embarrassment. But I'm not going into THE DARK KNIGHT thinking they will "nail" everything, either.

i respect The Guards comments and he reminds me of Bruce Willis in Unbreakable.

Willis rocks - i watched all 3 die hards over last few days - preparing for 4.0.

i watched BB when it came out here in UK at midnight showing! and yes ppl were clapping in the cinema. hmmmm Goyer = Blade == now i understand what happened to Batmans suit.

Let's be honest....

** The new costume that looks like Batman & Robin.
** Some of the Joker casting/make-up decisions.
** Getting rid of original cast members (Katie Holmes) and replacing them with new actors but trying to act like the movie character hasn't changed.

If not for the fact that Batman Begins was so freaking cool, admit it, many of you would be in full blown preproduction panic right now. :woot:

Amazing what trust in a director can do. :oldrazz:

o hellllllz no.

no where near b&r.
joker decisions are awesome
katie holmes sucked ballllz in begins

chief103182 - your spoiler is the best. :woot:
to be honest I am perplexed as to all the talk about escalation and Gotham being over run by crime. they didnt show much crime in BB. yes they showed some mob bosses, but they didnt really show that the general public were all drug taking nut cases, which is what they are kind of implying in Nolans vision of Batman. He is implying that Gotham is wretched or getting there. :dry:
Plus i thought the whole train CGI thing at the end of BB took away the realism. Same with Wayne Tower. Come on... that big W that looked like a bat shape on some massive CGI building !! I feel Nolan mish mashed his realism and fantasy - and realism he does well but his fantasy comes ill thought out. you know what i mean .... the tumbler chase scene in BB looked slow (hes tried to fix it by showing us a smaller faster bike this time around:ninja:

Joker better make batman beg.and then beg some more. i want heath ledger beat batman into the ground, stamp all over him, laugh kick him in his head. Nolan -- give us a violent mean joker please!!!:word:

Nolan got the idea from that big "W" from an actual building in lower Manhattan thats been there for decades.

oh i c, eats humble pie.

must sleep - & must get that BB theme tune out of my head

Gud nite folks.

If you think about it, a lot of fans were pretty anxious during pre-production for BATMAN BEGINS. A lot of them hated the suit, the Tumbler, Rachel, hated the lack of a costume for Scarecrow, a bunch of other stuff came up here and there. And then...all their complains disappeared.

Maybe, once they actually saw the movie, they realized that the things they were complaining about actually worked. I know that's what happened to me.

And I have a sneaking suspicion that might happen again.

Maybe, once they actually saw the movie, they realized that the things they were complaining about actually worked. I know that's what happened to me.

And I have a sneaking suspicion that might happen again.

You know, if I wasn't such a pessimist around here, I would totally add this to the sig. But that aside, you have a really good point, Pete.

JOKER IS STILL TEH SUCKZORZ. TEOL.

The only thing I hated so far, if anything, is the Bat-pod, and even that is growing on me. And yes, fans never learn from the past, which is why, come every movie production, they're angry about everything to do with the movie.

I'm really trying to remain cautiously optimistic with this movie. Begins was a good movie, but there was quite a bit that could be improved upon. I don't want to make the mistake of setting my expectations too high.

Trust is the key to any healthy relationship.

With 'Batman Begins' Nolan established that we can trust his vision on a good (and the best) Batman movie and put to rest many doubter who believe the franchised was either dead or now a joke (First and foremost myself).

So he is giving a measure of leway in the decision he made for the sequel even if those whom trust he's gain question them.

Do I like every decision he's made for The Dark Knight.

No.

I don't like the decision that he choosed Heath Ledger as the Joker.

I don't like it that Kathie Holmes was replaced (if she didn't want to do the sequel the character should've been written out).

I'm of 2-minds when it come to Aaron Echart as Harvey Dent/2 face (no pun inteneded...okay maybe a little bit)

However, I do trust Chris Nolan because of his previous effort and until I seen the final result when TDk comes out, I will continue to turst his decisions.

Like Boom (who has the greateest avatar ever) stated in his comments I too am "cautiously optimistic".

But remember this: Bryan Singer directed two very, very good movies, in fact I personally think that X2 is the best yet - then he made Superman Returns. Directors are not always so reliable.

But remember this: Bryan Singer directed two very, very good movies, in fact I personally think that X2 is the best yet - then he made Superman Returns. Directors are not always so reliable.

Superman Returns was a fantastic movie :cmad:

Superman Returns was a fantastic movie :cmad:

I agree, unless you're joking.

I expect, nay, demand this film to be better than Begins, and I liked that film alot. They had so much baggage to get out of the way that Batman's first problem wasn't well developed, now we have a 2 film arc to test his sense of justice properly. Plus we have Jonah.

I never joke about 3 things:

The fantasticfullness of Superman Returns
Moe's (the Southwest Grill)
That one episode of Coach where Hayden, Dauber, Luthor and Mr. Furley go fishing.

Let's be honest....

** Getting rid of original cast members (Katie Holmes) and replacing them with new actors but trying to act like the movie character hasn't changed.

If not for the fact that Batman Begins was so freaking cool, admit it, many of you would be in full blown preproduction panic right now. :woot:

Idiot....

I never joke about 3 things:

The fantasticfullness of Superman Returns
Moe's (the Southwest Grill)
That one episode of Coach where Hayden, Dauber, Luthor and Mr. Furley go fishing.

I'm nowhere closer to knowing your true feelings, perhaps you can express it in the form of dance

Let's be honest....

ALL these points are over exaggerated to a silliness that only a fanboy could reach. The costume looks like B&R? EVERYONE wanted Katie gone either by Rachel's death (preferably) or by being replaced. She was replaced by a MUCH better actor so get over it!

Come 2008 the Backpedaling Begins...again.

Qwerty©;11967740 said:
Yet you use his taste in films against him. That's called discrediting.

Yes, and it is his taste in those films that you are using AGAINST HIM.
I understood it fine. Understanding something doesn't put you on it's level of intelligence, otherwise that would make me as dumb as your posts.
You have to treat opinions with respect. Carry on like you are doing, and soon the mods will have something to say.

Why can't you use someones taste in films against them? If the movies you like suck, then suffice to say, you suck. That's the way it is.

:yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"