If this thing would of been greenlit what did WB do right?

NIGHTSWING

Civilian
Reaction score
I ve been reading here and other places that MOST are happy that this movie got pushed back. But what "IF" it had not! What's the one thing when your thinking to yourself....Hey! They got that right! Way to go WB! I can't wait to see this! So what is it? What did you think this movie had going for itself?

I think like most I was happy with the Miller being at the head and from what I read the support teams and special effect company along with WETA doing costume were going to be a huge plus! The script from what I understood did haunt me that the villains were going to tie into the Batman Begins world alit too much. I know villians like Darksied may not seem like the right choice to start with, but dang! I just was rewatching the Punshier Movie the other night and the guy who plays the Russian would make a perfert body for Darksied! The man is massive and with voice talent tossed in, that would of been may way to go. Still, from what little I know about the script it seemed oked. Then we come to the cast and tell the truth I was jacked about Hammer as Batman! Am sold he can play an older man under the cowl and he's 6 5, so he would be the best sized batman we have ever had. Common just made sense as GL though now If they go back and toss this thing. I would bring Hal Jordon in first before using JS. I know the reason why they want to use JS and that's fine. He's fresher and his run on the JUSTICE LEAGUE series help. Even Adam was growing on me as Flash just not as Barry? But the rest did nothing for me. DJ was not the guy I pull out of a line up to play Superman period. I don't care how great an actor he is not right for the part. I would someday if this was true to learn of Miller's thinking for this choice.

So see I think they have a few things right. Just worries me know that it might not happen for some time. :( or even at all? So what do you guys think?

Different continuity to solo films, both present and future.

Besides the cast, that i didn't feel able to judge about, cause i've never seen most of them act, i think there was almost everything right with this movie. And i'm pretty sure, with a different cast, they would've been able to sell most people the way it was. However, the thing i personally liked most about it was them using the Classic Original 7 Line Up. Cause i wasn't so sure that they would do that in the beginning.

Besides the cast, that i didn't feel able to judge about, cause i've never seen most of them act, i think there was almost everything right with this movie. And i'm pretty sure, with a different cast, they would've been able to sell most people the way it was. However, the thing i personally liked most about it was them using the Classic Original 7 Line Up. Cause i wasn't so sure that they would do that in the beginning.

They weren't gonna use the original 7. They didn't have Hal Jordan.

The special effects. They set aside most of their budget for effects and WETA was probably going to make some kick-a costumes.

Well, i kinda consider Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern and the Martian Manhunter as the Original 7 Line Up, no matter which Lantern or Flash is used.

yea i say getting weta for costumes and effects. Hopefully if jla can be salavaged in a few months if the wga ends soon and the films problems fixed they will still do the film. If not i really hope to see what they had for costumes designs and how far along they got with that and also set designs.

Martian Manhunter.

The Omacs - they would have/will(?) provided ample oportunity for many superpowered fight scenes that probably would have been breath taking.

Starting with Barry as Flash, but including Wally so he didn't come out of nowhere in a sequel.

George Miller. You can say what you want about the casting. I'm not suggesting that it looked promising...but in all fairness NO ONE on these boards saw the auditions or the screen tests, so we're left to judge on what little we've seen from certain cast members, and if you decided what part an actor could play from his/her past work alone then many of the best film preformances in history would never have been. Not saying anyone from this cast was on thier way to an oscar...but you can't completely crucify Miller without being at the auditions or knowing exactly what was in store.

I Think it would've been better if they cut the League of Shadows plot.

Leave everything on Max and His Omacs. It's better.

A Good cast. A Different continuity maybe, and only Lord and Omacs as Villais,

Really? Cause I agree. I just didn't think anyone else felt that way too.

I've been against this film from the start but going the different continuity I applauded WB for, future WW, FL, GL solo films not being bound to JL continuity is a good thing.

-George Miller
-Different continuity
-Weta
-Story
-Some of the cast. :o

What i also really don't understand is why there was so much hate for the plot. I mean, everybody seemed to agree that this shouldn't just be a simple popcorn flick. But the whole alien invasion thing could drift into that direction MUCH easier than the Tower of Babel/Identity Crisis storyline, that not only comes straight from the comics but also pays alot of attention to the individual characters and ther relationships with each other.

Weta designing the costumes.

Orin:

The plot would work better as a sequel.

That worked better in the comics because readers knew all the characters and events leading up to the MACS and Max Lord. It didn't come out of nowhere like the film was doing.

It's even a bit pedestrian to what the Justice eague usually face in the comics.

The team is for threats like alien invasions, homicidal death gods, unbeatable threats from the future, teams of enemies and more.

Why bother with OMAC's, Talia al Ghul and Max Lord when you have Darkseid or the Star Conquerer?

Different continuity
WETA
George Miller
Rumored script
Common and Brody

The only thing that really bugged me was the young casting of Batman and Superman. I'd rather have them a bit too old then too young. And I would prefer them do a trilogy-type story and not a story that wraps up after the first movie. But it's hard to know what their aproach is, as long as the script is more rumor than fact.

Weta designing the costumes.

Orin:

The plot would work better as a sequel.

That worked better in the comics because readers knew all the characters and events leading up to the MACS and Max Lord. It didn't come out of nowhere like the film was doing.

It's even a bit pedestrian to what the Justice eague usually face in the comics.

The team is for threats like alien invasions, homicidal death gods, unbeatable threats from the future, teams of enemies and more.

Why bother with OMAC's, Talia al Ghul and Max Lord when you have Darkseid or the Star Conquerer?
I don't think you or anybody else here know enough about the plot to be able to say that it would or woldn't work. There are elements from comic storylines, that most likely are part of it. But we don't know how they are worked into it. And the threats you're suggesting are pretty often bonded to a lack of deep storytelling, especalliy in the Movies. Personally, i'd rather prefer a story like ToB or IC for the JLA, where the the qualities of the individual characters can pay off completly, than a stupid popcornflick with nothing else than a stereotype alien invasion...

I don't think you or anybody else here know enough about the plot to be able to say that it would or woldn't work.

It's well known that the villains will be Talia, Max Lord and the OMAC's.

How the team will fight amongst each other at least once.

Talia is better suited to Batman solo films. Compared to the villains WB could choose she's small fry at best.

Non-powered human villains just don't pose as big a threat in the live action films themselves. Lex Luthor has shown this.

And the threats you're suggesting are pretty often bonded to a lack of deep storytelling, especalliy in the Movies.
Honestly doubt WB were going to make Shakespearian faire with the current trio of villains.

Neither has the scope or the threat necessary for the greatest heroes to band together to stop.

Star Conquerer isn't exactly deep but it would be a catalyst that the rest of the heroes can react to so we can learn more about them without the villain using to much set up or examining their motives.

Would be a great visual. Making him more Cthulhu like would be great. The audience would need to fear it for it to work.

It could even use mind control to force the team into fighting each other that the OMAC's did. Only it would make more sense and be more chilling.

We've already seen squeaky clean villains like Luthor numerous times. How about something different for JL?

Darkseid could be very complex. All he wants is order in the universe. He's an alien dictator of a world full of gods, a power set that can physically hurt Superman, an endless army with technology that can hurt Superman with their standard equipment. he doesn't rely on just invasions, either. He has many super-powered agents he can send to infiltrate Earth.

You should read the Darkseid arc in Rock of Ages and Legion of Superheroes The Great Darkness Saga. They show him at his best.

Those aren't the only good villains in JL's rogues gallery. There's Amazo, The Injustice Gang, the White Martians and more.
Personally, i'd rather prefer a story like ToB or IC for the JLA, where the the qualities of the individual characters can pay off completly, than a stupid popcornflick with nothing else than a stereotype alien invasion...

Like the OMAC's Tower of Babel would work better as a sequel. They'd have to set up Batman who is extremely paranoid of his team mates. Which is going to need more screen time then 30 minutes or less.

They are going to need more then his super-powered team mates to get the audience buying why he wants to create the OMAC's. They can even establish how dangerous super-human are with villains in movies before it by showing us instead otherwise Batman would come off as insane and a villain himself.

There are hundreds of villains they could use to lead up to this. Only WB has shown very few in their live action films.

They'd have to seriously tinker with IC to work. Seriously doubt they'd have Sue Dibny being raped on screen and the whole movie be a mystery. Batman works as a mystery because that's what he does most of the time.

Justice League come together to stop threats beyond any one hero can deal with.

I don't think you or anybody else here know enough about the plot to be able to say that it would or woldn't work.

It's well known that the villains will be Talia, Max Lord and the OMAC's.

How the team will fight amongst each other at least once.

Talia is better suited to Batman solo films. Compared to the villains WB could choose she's small fry at best.

Non-powered human villains just don't pose as big a threat in the live action films themselves. Lex Luthor has shown this.

And the threats you're suggesting are pretty often bonded to a lack of deep storytelling, especalliy in the Movies.

Honestly doubt WB were going to make Shakespearian faire with the current trio of villains.

Neither has the scope or the threat necessary for the greatest heroes to band together to stop.

Star Conquerer isn't exactly deep but it would be a catalyst that the rest of the heroes can react to so we can learn more about them without the villain using to much set up or examining their motives.

Would be a great visual. Making him more Cthulhu like would be great. The audience would need to fear it for it to work.

It could even use mind control to force the team into fighting each other that the OMAC's did. Only it would make more sense and be more chilling.

We've already seen squeaky clean villains like Luthor numerous times. How about something different for JL?

Darkseid could be very complex. All he wants is order in the universe. He's an alien dictator of a world full of gods, a power set that can physically hurt Superman, an endless army with technology that can hurt Superman with their standard equipment. he doesn't rely on just invasions, either. He has many super-powered agents he can send to infiltrate Earth.

You should read the Darkseid arc in Rock of Ages and Legion of Superheroes The Great Darkness Saga. They show him at his best.

Those aren't the only good villains in JL's rogues gallery. There's Amazo, The Injustice Gang, the White Martians and more.
Personally, i'd rather prefer a story like ToB or IC for the JLA, where the the qualities of the individual characters can pay off completly, than a stupid popcornflick with nothing else than a stereotype alien invasion...

Like the OMAC's Tower of Babel would work better as a sequel. They'd have to set up Batman who is extremely paranoid of his team mates. Which is going to need more screen time then 30 minutes or less.

They are going to need more then his super-powered team mates to get the audience buying why he wants to create the OMAC's. They can even establish how dangerous super-human are with villains in movies before it by showing us instead otherwise Batman would come off as insane and a villain himself.

There are hundreds of villains they could use to lead up to this. Only WB has shown very few in their live action films.

They'd have to seriously tinker with IC to work. Seriously doubt they'd have Sue Dibny being raped on screen and the whole movie be a mystery. Batman works as a mystery because that's what he does most of the time.

Justice League come together to stop threats beyond any one hero can deal with.

weta costumes
different continuity
Megan Gale as Wonderwoman
not ditching Aquaman

Different continuity to solo films, both present and future.

I thought that was a crazily wrongheaded idea. Just madness - part of it was neccessary due to the Batman situation, but otherwise it was just bonkers not to have the solo films either spin off from JL, or develop some more solo films first like Marvel is doing and then do the crossover.

Now that it's been delayed I think they should postpone it until AFTER Batman 3, should that get made, so that the multiple castings don't overlap. And keep Routh if you can't find anyone significantly better.

Having 2 separately cast versions of the exact same character in concurrently running theatrical film franchises is just mind-bogglingly daft.

^ In a perfect world you would have had a JL film after the solo films with same characters and continuity. But alas, no, the logistics would be a nightmare. If WB are so hell bent on making a JL film now (why now, I don't know) then different continuity for all present and future solo films is a good thing. Different solo continuity lets you explore the character fully in a new way, create new ideas, pretty much have freedom to do what you want to the character and not worry about whether you are conflicting with the rules set by the JL film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"