if Thor DOESN'T have a helmet in the movie, how will you feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=20365

Can we finally put this stupid "no helmet" nonsense to rest:

"As for the helmet, which you don't see here [in the concept art], Marvel changed the helmet design three times on us so far. Even now they are still tweaking the helmets and costumes with CG, even though they are already done filming. We're constantly getting new designs in."

You're welcome.

I think it would be a mediocre effort by the producers if they didn't make the effort to do the best translation of the character to film. They could do it for Loki (the helmet) but not for the main character? Like a previous poster said. . . .there's alot of talk about the helmet being on the film, but so far, there's not a single shot of it on what's been released.

It will be really stupid if he doesn't have a helmet.

They're Norse gods. And he is THE Norse god. Let him have his godamm helmet.

I think it would be a mediocre effort by the producers if they didn't make the effort to do the best translation of the character to film. They could do it for Loki (the helmet) but not for the main character? Like a previous poster said. . . .there's alot of talk about the helmet being on the film, but so far, there's not a single shot of it on what's been released.
True, but in fairness, there's also still a year until release and we've only seen about 5 minutes of the film between the ET footage and all of the pics so far.

True, but in fairness, there's also still a year until release and we've only seen about 5 minutes of the film between the ET footage and all of the pics so far.

You're right.

I hope the movie does really good. Thor is one of my favorite Marvel heroes. I have high expectations.

I've never really been a fan of the helmet, I wouldn't be upset if it appears in the film, or if it doesn't. The pictures we've seen he looks fine without the helmet honestly.

THERE WILL BE HELMET:

The VG developers suggested that the reason we haven't seen the helmet yet is because the film producers keep changing its design:

PF: Was there anything that the production crew did to help you guys along?

"The Marvel guys were a tremendous help. Like with the cape, they sent us actual swatches of the cloth so we can make sure the game matched up with the film. As for the helmet, which you don't see here [in the concept art], Marvel changed the helmet design three times on us so far. Even now they are still tweaking the helmets and costumes with CG, even though they are already done filming. We're constantly getting new designs in."

Here's the link- http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=20365

I wouldn't feel sad or angry but I would feel cheated and disappointed.

I'm with Karelia, though I like the helmet. He doesn't look bad without it.

I don't care about the helmet but it would be strange of he were to go into battle without something protecting his head.

I think there will eventually be a helmet.....but I want it to have big wings. And I want Captain America's to have little ones.

for me i dont really care if he does or doesnt have it. sure i want him to have it. And we have heard countless times and have seen now in photos odin, loki, hemidall with helmets and have been told thor will have one to. So i dont think we have to worry about anything with the whole helmet deal. I for one just wish this whole helmet debate for thor would be done with.

How will I feel if no helmet? I feel I'll want Thor to get a massive smack to the head and get knocked down.

Coming too, the first words to be, "You know, if I just had a helmet.... "

I don't care about the helmet but it would be strange of he were to go into battle without something protecting his head.
If he's anything like the comic version, his head is probably tougher than any helmet anyway.

Haha, same thing, basically. If your body itself can withstand a nuclear explosion or the heart of a sun or frequent punches from someone like the Hulk, armor becomes something of a non-issue. I mean, I still want the helmet because it completes Thor's look, but there's really no logical reason he needs to wear one.

I to see Heimdall helmet. Elba said it had the huige horns on it in the Jonathan Ross Interview.

Haha, same thing, basically. If your body itself can withstand a nuclear explosion or the heart of a sun or frequent punches from someone like the Hulk, armor becomes something of a non-issue. I mean, I still want the helmet because it completes Thor's look, but there's really no logical reason he needs to wear one.

Why does Thor wear armor then?

'Cause he likes to? He didn't in the comics for, oh, 40 years, if you'll recall. One of my primary concerns when Coipel unveiled his new design, in fact, was why Thor would bother strapping all that mail on when, clearly, he doesn't need it. But the look of the costume is good enough that I just moved on.

Probably because he is prone to going into battle with people and monsters as durable as he is with the raw physical power and/or weapons capable of hurting him.

now you can all shut up
x2_20d5ad2.jpg

Yea I think we can close this thread now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"