If Tim Story and the cast were replaced,who should replace them?

I believe Jessica has done a great job as Sue......in the early days when I heard that there was going to be an F4 movie and Michael was going to play Ben......this is who I thought should play Sue...

19fcy7.jpg

Tim Story did a great job, but if I had to pick, it would be Chris Columbus

I believe Jessica has done a great job as Sue......in the early days when I heard that there was going to be an F4 movie and Michael was going to play Ben......this is who I thought should play Sue...

19fcy7.jpg

she certainly looks the part of a younger modern Sue

Zemeckis I think would be a great director for the Fantastic Four series if he wanted to do it.
That's the only choice here than I can agree...

And I'm really tired of all these Reese Witherspoon as Sue thing... enough already...

That's the only choice here than I can agree...

And I'm really tired of all these Reese Witherspoon as Sue thing... enough already...

...I said it like three times and put up one picture... It's not like I'm bombarding Superherohype with a million comments about it in every forum/thread...sheesh.

It wasn't directed at you, spiderfan970. It's just I got the feeling that it has been sugested for ages... (I may be wrong...)

It wasn't directed at you, spiderfan970. It's just I got the feeling that it has been sugested for ages... (I may be wrong...)

No, I think I that title would belong to Elizabeth Banks...

I don't think they should replace Chris Evans as the Human Torch. He's just to perfect for the role. I'd say keep Chiklis as Thing and Ioan as Mr. Fantastic and just replace an actress for Sue. I just don't like Alba as Sue.

I agree iron fist I like jessica alba but would also go in another direction.Just my 2 cents but my vote goes to aj cook has well.

I agree iron fist I like jessica alba but would also go in another direction.Just my 2 cents but my vote goes to aj cook has well.

Cook would be a good choice. I could have also seen someone like Ali Larter in the role.

None of these actors need replacing.

Tim Story does not need replacing either, but he needs to get his game together and pay attention to detail, he is responsible for the interpretation and direction of Julian on Doom, he needs to get his act together. He has done two Films now. I am sure that most of the decisions that hurt this film can be laid at Fox' doorstep.

Tim has to walk into that post film meeting with the suits and say, hey look you wanted this and this and this and this and look at the fan response on Superherohype, and everywhere else and the BO reflects the errors you made.

Then he needs to say, I want almost total creative control or I am walking.

We do not need another director for a single film that might not be able to deliver the family and character sweetness that this movie had.

All of the things that compromised this film are fixable.

The run time, the Doom characterization (which is now one revolution from being the marvel Doom), the action scenes, the devotion and respect for the source.

Now if he does not do that and pulls a Mark Frost then he is only hurting his career and standing with the fans and the film will not fly.

Fox needs replacing (well their meddling ways that is) and everything will be fixed.

Frankly I suggest they leak a public fight with Tim to the press with last minute compromises that gives Tim total control ala the Tom Jane situation (yeah I know that he walked) and then Tim coming and saying this is a new day or something like that.

I don't think any story can top the galactus storyline, Its messed up but I say do a low budget Surfer film but make it a set up for FF3 and correct the standalone mistake that they made FF2 into.

Will Fox have the guts to do any of this, I doubt it but maybe somewhere someone wants some more money and will decide that hard work and integrity works better than lying and deception.

We do not need another director for a single film that might not be able to deliver the family and character sweetness that this movie had.

IF we get a 3rd movie, and I hear that this is being sacrificed or that they are going for an action flic only......I'm done with this franchise........the reason I've enjoyed this sequel so much is because the writer and actors got this spot on in my opinion.....if this is sacrificed for any reason and I find out before the movie is out...it won't get a penny of mine.....if I find out after the initial viewing, it will get nothing from me after that...........

FF 2 had a movie FULL of heart, but it lacked muscle, and that in the end has really hurt the BO IMO.

[/b]

IF we get a 3rd movie, and I hear that this is being sacrificed or that they are going for an action flic only......I'm done with this franchise........the reason I've enjoyed this sequel so much is because the writer and actors got this spot on in my opinion.....if this is sacrificed for any reason and I find out before the movie is out...it won't get a penny of mine.....if I find out after the initial viewing, it will get nothing from me after that...........

FF 2 had a movie FULL of heart, but it lacked muscle, and that in the end has really hurt the BO IMO.

Absolutely agree, I love these actors, they are like family now. I want to see them complete the trilogy at least. I love the way they interact, all that is needed is more. More of everything and more time spent with the First family in the movie theater.

I think that they have to find a way to get more bang for the buck.

Now I am curious cause it may be that Ralph Winter needs to step up his game.

I think he has a lot of responsiblity to deliver a quality film.

Spielberg delivered Transformers on a 150 million budget. All the R&D is done for FF, now they should be able to put together a real cool finish.

I am thinking that they might want to actually go with Doom for the finale. (Doomsday) This time he should be the latverian ruler building that indestructible army from the classic FF story to finally finish off Richards and his friends.

They can do a weapon of mass destruction thing and the FF are called in by the army to go in and find out if this is what is happening. That keeps Frankie in the loop. I don't know if they can bring Galactus in a 4th movie if the SS set up movie works. We can only hope that Norrin shines in a Blade type budget standalone film.

I think that that is one story that can work.

Now they are going to have to get serious. They have built a foundation, now they can as well finish it.

Seeing Jessica out in Berlin promoting this film shows me that she is really doing her part. I love that girl, she is working her butt off.

Director-Robert Zemeckis
Producer-Steven Spielberg
Writer-Someone awesome

Reed-Michael C Hall
Sue-Gwynith Paltrow
Ben-Bruce Willis (Circa 1988)
Johnny-Chris Evans
Doom-Ralph Fiennes or Jason Isaacs

[/b]FF 2 had a movie FULL of heart, but it lacked muscle, and that in the end has really hurt the BO IMO.

Let alone brains.

This was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in terms of script, it was a pitiful joke. :o

Let alone brains.

This was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in terms of script, it was a pitiful joke. :o

That's your opinion.....that's cool. Mine happens to be different.

That's obvious! :cwink:

Oh, and, BTW, a good name to replace lame Story would be Alfonso Cuarón. Or Spielberg, who really understands science fiction. Or someone of the above mentioned abilities.

Director - Joss Whedon. He is one of the few directors who can successfully combine action, drama, humor, and even horror (which SHOULD be necessary for Doom...y'know, if we saw Doom done properly).

Cast:

Reed - Alexis Denisoff, should've been Reed from the start as opposed to
Ioan "I have no idea what charisma is" Gruffund.

Sue - Charlize Theron. 'Nuff said.

Ben and Johnny - They are fine. Just give them better dialogue to work with.

Doom - That's the million dollar question. I personally love the idea of Jeremy Irons in the role, but he does seem to be getting up there in the years and may consider it beneath him. I suppose, because of that...I'd go with Jason Issacs.

That's obvious! :cwink:

Oh, and, BTW, a good name to replace lame Story would be Alfonso Cuarón. Or Spielberg, who really understands science fiction. Or someone of the above mentioned abilities.

Alfonso Cuaron's style is all wrong for Fantastic Four. I hate the way after Prisoner of Azkaban was slightly a step up from COS, every fanboy on the Hype seemed to jump on his band wagon and suggest him for everything.

Alfonso Cuaron's style is all wrong for Fantastic Four. I hate the way after Prisoner of Azkaban was slightly a step up from COS, every fanboy on the Hype seemed to jump on his band wagon and suggest him for everything.

You may watch other movies by Cuarón before starting your rant, kid. :oldrazz:

And Sue should have been (or be in a near future) either Charlize Theron (which I also find perfect for the role) or Naomi Watts.

Doom, as someone here suggested, could easily be played - ideally, of course - by Daniel Day-Lewis. :doom:

They shouldn't change the cast or the director. Let him finish his trilogy. He's doing fine and he's building up an exciting climax with Galactus and Silver Surfer, and possibly even Frankie's Nova.

The only problem I have with the films are with the hair stylists, whom just can't do Mr. Fantastic's and Invisible Woman's hair properly.

I don't know if I'd say its my ideally cast, but, just to try to put a cast together, here are some ideas

for Sue and Jonny
i think either
Kate Hudson & David Gallagher ? (for younger)
or
Jenna Elfman & Eric Christian Olsen (for older)
(actually blonds what a crazy idea lol)

though, abite older i kinda like Dylan McDermott for Reed
i like the idea of Patrick Warburton for Ben
as for Doom? maybe, Chris Noth, that might be intersting
(though again kinda on the old side, now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"