• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

From: SHH Members To: Tim Story & Fox on FF2!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
17,587
Reaction score
1
Points
31
If you could talk to Fox & Tim Story and speak your mind about what you expect out of FF2...what would you say? We all know that Avi Arad & Tim Story know that we want more action and they promised us that. Tim Story also said we're gonna see the real "full" Doom in the sequel. Nothing else of significance has been said except a possible wedding, Sue getting preganant by the end of FF2, and seeing the Fantasticar. I'm sure I or someone else created a thread like this after the original movie came out but let's start fresh. I know for a fact that people from Marvel and Fox, actors, writers, and directors from time to time visit these boards so here's hoping they're watching.

The only thing I'll say to them is GO ALL OUT on this one. Make it a better film, load it up with action, & don't lose the comedy element that makes the FF so different. I'd love to see The Thing outside sunbathing with the rest of them on the roof of the Baxter building and seeing lizards all over him trying to keep warm. LOL
 
More action. More excitment. Go all out ? Deffently. As JA said, it will be amped up, faster paced, more intense, everything a fan would want to see in a Fantastic Four sequel. Origin is out of the way. Time to get the hands dirty.
 
Still A ThorFan said:
Don't let Tim Story touch it, and find another writer.

Too late...
 
The problem with "man in suit" over CGI is a "man in suit" looks slow and cumbersome. When the thing was running he looked like a man in a suit. Sure the Thing looked good standing still, and Chiklis sounded great but The Hulk was much more fun to watch as a character. You could do whatever he did in the comics with a CGI character and I thought it looked damn good. I wish Chikilis would go for a voice over or at least use more CGI in the action sequences. I'm more afraid that Marve is gonna put a "man in suit" in Hulk 2. I'd be freaking mad.
 
I would tell him that the first movie was good, but it had some problems. I still liked it alot though.
For Fantastic Four II, more action, more comic-like Dr. Doom, more comedy, DON'T make it really kiddy, make it with some teenage+ stuff in it [some more cussing and stuff, adult jokes that kids won't get.] because I don't want it to feel like I'm at some kiddy movie. Even better special effects than the first one.

:ff::):up:
 
^ Yeah and take more time to edit the film properly so it has the right pace. That bridge scene was awful and there were so many scenes where I thought someone should have yelled cut yet the scene continued with uncomfortable silences.
 
Some things were fake looking, and were easy to tell.

Other things looked amazing, like Human Torch.


Oh, and I don't want to wait five months for the freakin' villain action figure again!
 
webhead731 said:
Some things were fake looking, and were easy to tell.

Other things looked amazing, like Human Torch.


Oh, and I don't want to wait five months for the freakin' villain action figure again!
or have to wait almost 9 to 12 months to get a damn invisible woman action figure!
 
Advanced Dark said:
^ Yeah and take more time to edit the film properly so it has the right pace. That bridge scene was awful and there were so many scenes where I thought someone should have yelled cut yet the scene continued with uncomfortable silences.

Agree w/ the bridge scene...totally disagree w/ your second statement...the problem w/ editing in my opinion was nothing, absolutely nothing was allowed to flesh itself out....never saw a bit of silence in the movie even though there were times i wanted Johnny to be silent and let the scene move to its own climax, example....the scene between Sue and Reed in the lab.....i was actually surprised that Johnny didn't come into the planetarium scene, or the statue of liberty scene for a one-liner....

Let the scenes breath, and move at a more natural pace rather than...."sh** people we have to edit this thing to move faster so that we can fit one more showing in a day at the theatre, hey Johnny throw out one more one-liner so we can shut this scene down...."
 
J Alba's Lover said:
or have to wait almost 9 to 12 months to get a damn invisible woman action figure!

That was sad too. That shouldn't happen.
 
webhead731 said:
That was sad too. That shouldn't happen.

That won't change, its simple fact that they produce fewer female action figures...maybe they will do something next time around...but i doubt it.
 
Keep The Thing as a man in a suit. It's one of the things I loved most about the movie. Great action scenes are a dime a douzen in comic book movies. But actors that are so dedicated to their character that they sweat and suffer in one of those costumes are pretty rare.

Make these people look and feel like a family! That's my biggest disappointement about FF. There was virtually no interaction between Johnny and Sue, except her telling him to stop acting like a kid... once. Maybe bring in Dr Storm and see how the three interact.

While you're at it, give Sue some better lines for God's sake.
 
J Alba's Lover said:
or have to wait almost 9 to 12 months to get a damn invisible woman action figure!

It was on the shelf first. You probably thought they were empty boxes. You need to where special glasses to see the Invisible Girl figure. ;)
 
People should e-mail all their suggestions to Tim Story and FOX and see if they get replies!....But of course FOX won't listen....:(
 
^ Probably better off posting on the XVERSE boards and giving the link to this message board to Kinberg and Penn to pass on to Fox huh?

In fact I'll do that right now.

Ok done.
 
I would say the immortal words of Dante Alighieri, in the gates of Hell:

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'intrate.

Leave all hope behind, ye who enter here.
 
Mr Sensitive said:
I would say the immortal words of Dante Alighieri, in the gates of Hell:

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'intrate.

Leave all hope behind, ye who enter here.

Not gonna happen with me....no matter how many times you say it, or how many languages you type it in....:o
 
JMAfan said:
Not gonna happen with me....no matter how many times you say it, or how many languages you type it in....:o

You see, in Dante's Hell some people were there without knowing that. I just typed the words to make it more visible.
 
Mr Sensitive said:
You see, in Dante's Hell some people were there without knowing that. I just typed the words to make it more visible.

Well as you can see in my location: "I'm standing alone, being me":) I know exactly where I'm at...
 
JMAfan said:
Well as you can see in my location: "I'm standing alone, being me":) I know exactly where I'm at...

I'll take your word, of course, JMfan , carissima.

In any case, the Hell remark wasn't directed to you.

But if Story continues with this kind of FF movies, even all our generous everlasting good-will won't prevent him having a place in the last circle of Hell, those of the betrayers.
 
Mr Sensitive said:
I'll take your word, of course, JMfan , carissima.

In any case, the Hell remark wasn't directed to you.

But if Story continues with this kind of FF movies, even all our generous everlasting good-will won't prevent him having a place in the last circle of Hell, those of the betrayers.

I will make my final judgment once I've seen the movie.:o
 
I just read a statement that I thought fit the first film: "I'm tired of seeing 'ninja Turtle logic' in adult films." I thought that perfectly described a few scenes in the first film. Like when Reed talls Sue that he and Johnny can't get thru on the bridge but she can. So she strips, turns invisible, and JUST BARELY GETS THRU THE CROWD AHEAD OF REED AND JOHNNY!
Also the dialogue when they're getting ready to speak to the public:
Cop: {They're already calling you} the Fantastic Four! (What did Johnny do exactly?)
Johnny: Coooolll!
Sue: Wait, where are you going?
Johnny: I'm gonna go talk to 'em!
Sue: No, we should think this through! (UGH!)
Johnny: That's great...brainstorm!
Dialogue like this and stupid logic like above (in addition to the Thing suit) helped make this movie fail to come to life for me.
 
LadyVader said:
Keep The Thing as a man in a suit. It's one of the things I loved most about the movie. Great action scenes are a dime a douzen in comic book movies. But actors that are so dedicated to their character that they sweat and suffer in one of those costumes are pretty rare.

Make these people look and feel like a family! That's my biggest disappointement about FF. There was virtually no interaction between Johnny and Sue, except her telling him to stop acting like a kid... once. Maybe bring in Dr Storm and see how the three interact.

While you're at it, give Sue some better lines for God's sake.

Yeah, I agree keep the suit. I HATED the CGI Hulk, let me repeat I HATED IT.So, please do not do that to the Thing. Better dialog..please! Keep in the funny parts, but do not force it because there is a break in the conversation as said above or when it really does not belong in the scene.Make them alittle more "adult"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"