If We Were Writing Watchmen

Why does every comic have to be a film?

What's wrong with leaving THE WATCHMEN in its intended medium. Comics deserves to keep its treasure, not ****e it off to HollyWood.

Why does every comic have to be a film?

What's wrong with leaving THE WATCHMEN in its intended medium. Comics deserves to keep its treasure, not ****e it off to HollyWood.

Watchmen is an amazing story, and not enough people read comic books these days to have been able to experience it. Making a movie opens it up to a wider audience.

Besides, it just might teach a thing or two to those kinds of people who think of comic books as nothing but childish "funny pages". I mean, not a lot of people realized V for Vendetta was based on a comic book, but they'll definatley see it in Watchmen.

If I was, I would make it a 6 or 12-part HBO series instead of one 2-hour movie. Then you can keep a lot more of the source material, explore characters further and in a perfect world, consult with Moore on whether he has any ideas that he didn't originally put into the book (like MSJ is doing with Ennis for Preacher).

I read this for the first time yesterday. Its definatley transferable into a movie, but it's tricky. I think the whole deal with the lesbains can be cut, same with a lot of the black freighter stuff, it could easiley be cut down into one, two at most shorter scenes. I think the Psychiatrist and his wife is a really important part of Rorschach's character, it helps explain some of the truth behind hism logic, but mabie it should be trimmed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"