If wolverine was recast in the future who would you like to play the part

A big NO to Shawn Roberts, he looks like a clean cut frat boy. And he is way too young looking. He can't act either.

No one at the present moment could replace Jackman.

I agree. Star power, money wise and looks it is virtually impossible to recast Wolverine if Jackman leaves until Marvel gets the rights back and reboots the series with a less Wolverine central version of the X-Men. If that ever happens it will be a long while away.

I love Jackman as Wolverine but the way that he has been envisioned is much different than I always interpretted.

Last edited:
I like Hugh, he's a great example of what a movie star should be. He's still under-rated in my opinion. An example of the type of movie star I never liked was Robert Downey. Hugh is so humble, yet has everything gonig for him.
I cant however say he's the perfect pick for Wolverine. I think most of us all know. I think he grew on us.

He's not feral enough. His australian accent, converted to the Canadian/American accent doesnt seem to fit well. His height I actually dont care about. I'll say it... he wasnt buff enough for the Wolvie role. He actually lost some of the bulk when they filmed, but if you looked at the times he was bulking up he was actually "buff" not ripped. If you look at Liev in the helicopter, he's not as ripepd as Jackman but he's buffer. It's also the way they wrote him, its just unfairly stuck in my head.\

He's a good Wolverine, but I wouldnt say the best. I'm waiting (for a long long time) for them to do a more 'Xmen-like' movie via reboot. Singer did great work, but you could tell he only got a tiny bit of the grasp other directors would have had of the Xmen comics. He pretty much made a great movie with Xmen based cahracters.

Robert Carlyle

The short guy from Trainspotting. He was in 28 Weeks Later too.

I can't think of anyone right now that would do him justice.

Robert Carlyle is tiny. He's short enough but it's hard to imagine him being able to bulk up. He's also nearly fifty. Great actor but no.

They're not going to recast any time soon so you need to look for someone who's young but might suit the role in five to ten year's time. Perhaps mid to late twenties, now.

a new name I'v been kinda thinking of, not necessarily as a replacement or recast for Jackman, but, just for the character in general (rather it be a new version, for the different movie, or even a show, whatever) that I think could be interesting in the role...

Christian Kane

with a decent hair cut, of course

Robert Carlyle is tiny. He's short enough but it's hard to imagine him being able to bulk up. He's also nearly fifty. Great actor but no.

They're not going to recast any time soon so you need to look for someone who's young but might suit the role in five to ten year's time. Perhaps mid to late twenties, now.
Wolverine is supposed to look older, not like a 35 year old.

and I think it would be better to have a Wolverine that is short and skinny than tall and bulky. The character is supposed to be a runt, an underdog.

For an entire xmen reboot franchise, I pick mark wahlberg

Sean Bean could probably play the role of Wolverine or Sabretooth.

I want Hugh to play WOlvie till he is an old man..... that way they can adapt the Old Man Logan story. -_-

I just think the casting of Hugh as Wolvie, is one of those PERFECT casting choices that if you replace the actor, its going to be a letdown. That's just me though.

Sam Worthington

sam-worthington-0909-lg.jpg

He's super short too.

a new name I'v been kinda thinking of, not necessarily as a replacement or recast for Jackman, but, just for the character in general (rather it be a new version, for the different movie, or even a show, whatever) that I think could be interesting in the role...

Christian Kane

with a decent hair cut, of course
Kane is badass. Cool look and a really good actor. I was actually going to suggest him.
So yes!

I like Jackman as Wolverine... I especially liked that they portrayed him as being shorter in X1... I like attention to detail, but I have to admit, I've always wondered how Mark Wahlberg (shorter + attitude) or Dougray Scott (bcuz was originally to play him) would've done in the role

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"