Comics If you could undo one thing they've ever done...

rjb182

Jedi Gnat
Reaction score
Alright, so we all complain about Marvel's various mistakes. If you could undo *one* of them for the X-Men, what would it be? I don't mean you have to come up with a dumb retcon-- I mean make it so it never happened in the first place.

I guess, right now, I'd undo the whole Decimation thing. Although I'm one of the few who liked the House of M itself, I find the idea of a mutant subculture a lot more interesting than just having a handful of "freaks" remaining in the world... I think it fits the theme better.

Before they did the Decimation, I probably would have said something like the "Nightcrawler's demon father" plot. That did nothing for me.

Your thoughts?

Easy, undo the stupid Phoenix retcon that made her two "separate beings."

For me, it would be to make Iceman more like Johnny Storm (fearless and inventive with his powers), but without the class clown attitude... Maybe even make him a squad leader.

rabidfanboy said:
Easy, undo the stupid Phoenix retcon that made her two "separate beings."
I think they were trying to for a while, with Morrisons work and end song.. but then the end of end song got confusing :S

Id undo maggotts death... hell while im at it mite aswell undo the whole of Weapon X, it either ruined or killed so many decent characters.

Only one but there are so many things i would like to change,

Make iceman like ProFFEzzor X said but live his class clown persona

Bring back skin and synch

I wouldn't have killed offf so many students in new x-men

make cyclops not so wound up

Lieave beast like an ape and not a cat.

Bringing back Jean and the whole Jean/Phoenix as two seperate beings thing.

Or the Scott/Emma crap.

Man, that is a tough one. I think the one thing that pissed me off the most (aside from all the crap they've done to Jean over the years and everybody coming back from the dead) was when Warren found out he had this suped-up healing factor that gave him his wings back and slowly changed his skin back to its normal pigment. Right when I got to like Archangel's metal wings and kick-ass attitude they gotta start "evolving" him back to his old self!!

I would have liked it if Joseph was actually Magneto, and not some second-rate clone. That could have been an interesting storyline if they went in that direction.

Alex Summers said:
I would have liked it if Joseph was actually Magneto, and not some second-rate clone. That could have been an interesting storyline if they went in that direction.
oh yeah, i actually liked joseph he was too cool for school...

FetchImageJPG.asp

Alex Summers said:
that wud have been good aswell.
When i read back the early joseph issues, especially his first issue.. he was a great character.

I would undo everything Morrison did :)

Alex Summers said:

I would have loved if Joseph would have been Magneto and Rogue's son from the AoA, send to this timeline 20 years ago (like Dark Beast)

Astonishing X-Men, Son of M, X-Factor, Runaways, to name a few.

X-Men, not Runaways. Runaways was great though, until they went all japanese with the art work. All of the other ones you named just don't do it for me, save Astonishing X-Men, which is getting better.

Yes, well, if you don't like any X-Men comics other than Astonishing, then I can only marvel at the contributions you will make on this forum.

Hurrah. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"