If you pre-ordered your Ps3 at Best Buy, be careful...

Reaction score
Best Buy backs away from PS3 pre-orders

Retail giant says it never intended to fulfill PS3 pre-orders; sends e-mail to those who tapped leaked order form online.

Gamers this weekend were quick to react when forums lit up with news that Best Buy's online store was accepting pre-orders for Sony's PlayStation 3 game console, due to go on sale November 17.
Unfortunately, those who completed the online preorder form this weekend discovered today that their actions were for naught. The retailer sent those consumers notice that their preorders was being "cancelled."
"Thank you for your recent visit to BestBuy.com," today's e-mail began. "Unfortunately, your preorder for the PlayStation 3 gaming system will be cancelled."
Stating that its online store system "was not intended to take preorders on the PlayStation 3 gaming system," the company said any gamer who managed to preorder a console would not be charged.

Read this earlier over at IGN.

The IGN guys had pre-ordered 7. They won't be getting theirs either.

good news for me (and many others) then seeing as how I don't have a pre-order. Now I'm off to practice running over people so I can get a PS3 at launch and then off to ebay I go...

Well, gee, wonder why... Every Best Buy is getting, what, 4 PS3's per store :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"