Ign's Top 10 Comic Book Movie Villains

Wesyeed said:
Meh i see why he wasn't chosen. He wasn't much more than a Darth Vader wannabe but I still thought he was cool.

And Ock, ok I'll give that maybe on a good day Jack's joker doesn't seem so ridiculously campy and overplayed, but Catwoman? :down I don't think she's a villian in Returns, just a normal woman.

Do not diss La Pfeiffer or her Catwoman.

Zod? Please :rolleyes:

Ian Magneto is the king of comic movie villainy. As cool as Nicholson is, he hasn't been a diabolical foe to a hero consecutively.

HighVoltage said:
That list from Ign sucks.
IGN sucks in general, so I'm not surprised.

Palpadious said:
Dr Octopus was done horribly in SM2

The Joker should be #1, without doubt
Are you kidding me? Jack's Joker was some fat geriatric bafoon with none of the true insanity and evil of the comic character. Jack basically did Ceaser Romero for the film - terrible interpretation of The Joker IMO.

I agree. Never liked Jack's Joker. Whoever Nolan gets will blow him away. (I hope)

Decent List, but...

I think Dafoe's Green Goblin was a much better villian, with a clear motivation than Molina's Doc Ock.

Catwoman should'nt have been so high on the list. It was a memorable peformance, but fifth place?

Sidenotes:
I'm glad Deacon Frost was on the list. He was one of my personal favorites. His contrast with Blade really worked well.

I don't think Doom should've been on the list, because MacMahon underplayed the role.

The dude from the first Crow movie-can't remember his name- was also a pretty good villian. I wonder if he was even considered for this list.

I also wonder if Stryker from X2 was considered. He was a pretty good villian as well.

I think it's a good list, but Magneto should have been higher and Mystique should be replaced by Stryker or Green Goblin.

TheFalcon said:
I think it's a good list, but Magneto should have been higher and Mystique should be replaced by Stryker or Green Goblin.
Or Scarecrow.

No Green Goblin. This list is immediately null and void to me.

DarKush said:
Decent List, but...

I think Dafoe's Green Goblin was a much better villian, with a clear motivation than Molina's Doc Ock.

It was??

After GG disposed of the board members,then what?? He developed some wierd obsession with Spider-Man.What was the motivation there?? He just seemed to be winging it.

Doc Ock's motivation was clear from the beginning.He was rebuilding his reactor of doom at ANY cost.

doc ock was so lame you could just shoot him! where the hell is jon leguizamo he was hilarious! Howard Saint was my favorite maybe because he was so realistic.:o

Catwoman should have been ranked higher imo.

Lucy in the sky said:
doc ock was so lame you could just shoot him!
Which is why I've always favored the idea of Spidey carrying a Smith and Wesson.

Lucy in the sky said:
doc ock was so lame you could just shoot him!

cap171.jpg

You can shoot most of Spidey's villains,and don't even get me started on Batman's ones.

The thing with Ock is you need to get those bullets past his tentacles.Read the comics.They're a fountain of info for stuff like this ;)

Doc Ock said:
It was??

After GG disposed of the board members,then what?? He developed some wierd obsession with Spider-Man.What was the motivation there?? He just seemed to be winging it.

Doc Ock's motivation was clear from the beginning.He was rebuilding his reactor of doom at ANY cost.

Norman Osborne was a paranoid psychotic. After defeating his 'enemies' on the board, he then went on to try to convert and then destroy his new 'enemy' Spider-Man. What made it even more sinister for him was learning that Spider-Man was actually Peter Parker, a boy whom he admired and perhaps considered something of a second son. The sense of betrayal Norman felt was a good enough motivation.

I never brought Ock attacking Peter Parker to get at MJ in the coffee house, but then returning to the side of the angels when Spider-Man pulls off his mask to reveal that he is Peter Parker. Why the sudden change? And Ock didn't have the long standing relationship that Osborne did with Peter.

Spidey 2 didn't do enough to build up this mentor/student thing so that it would make sense for Peter to be the one to bring Ock back to his senses. Perhaps if it had been Ock that had been the throw away reference in Spidey 1 instead of Curt Connors, that might've mollified me.

And I still don't understand how dousing the sun in the Hudson River was supposed to extinguish it.

Off subject, but I think Howard Saint from the Punisher movie should've at least been an honorable mention. He was a great villian.

I think Deacon Frost is one of the most charismatic villians in recent movie history. :up: Stephen Dorff needs more jobs

DarKush said:
I never brought Ock attacking Peter Parker to get at MJ in the coffee house, but then returning to the side of the angels when Spider-Man pulls off his mask to reveal that he is Peter Parker. Why the sudden change?

I thought that was made pretty obvious.He overcame the influence of the A.I. in the tentacles.That's what the sudden change was.Peter made him see the error of his ways by using the very words Octavius and Aunt May used on him.

Under the influence of the A.I. he was willing to do ANYTHING to get what he wanted.Including attacking Peter,MJ,Aunt May,Harry, and stupid citizens dumb enough to try and stand up to him.

Btw he didn't attack Peter to get at MJ.He went to Peter to make him find Spider-Man for him,and took MJ as insurance to make sure he'd do it,and that Spider-Man would show up.Simple as that.

And Ock didn't have the long standing relationship that Osborne did with Peter

Long standing relationship?? Peter spent at least 2 hours chatting with Octavius,while he met Norman for like a minute at the school trip,again at the graduation and then briefly in Peter and Harry's apartment for the thanksgiving meal.

This is a long standing relationship?? What exactly did they do together that made them have a relationship?? They weren't even on a first name basis.

Spidey 2 didn't do enough to build up this mentor/student thing so that it would make sense for Peter to be the one to bring Ock back to his senses.

Peter used the working for the good of mankind schtick on Octavius,the very thing Octavius said to Peter when they met.

What's your problem with that??

And I still don't understand how dousing the sun in the Hudson River was supposed to extinguish it.

You never heard of water extinguishing flame??

For the record,I don't like Raimi's changes to Octavius.He was more like Curt Connors than Ock.Raimi just has this thing about making the villains sympathetic and relatable to Peter.

Wesyeed said:
but Catwoman? :down I don't think she's a villian in Returns, just a normal woman.

:confused: Normal?!

What the hell type of women do you hang out with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"