• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Comics I'm getting tired of Wolverine.

Morgoth

Sidekick
Reaction score
As much as I love him, I just don't like certain things they've done with the character lately.

Ever since the 1st movie came out they've been drawing him like a sex symbol, his mutton chops are now too thin, they're just generic side burns, they need to be mutton chops, he needs to look like a feral Wolf Man.

And the way he's drawn in Origins makes him look like a 20 year old, I just can't picture him as Wolvie.

They need to fix him, they need to remember Wolverine came first, not Hugh Jackman.

Hugh portrays Logan, not the other way around.

Although, he's been done pretty well in Wolverine, and looks more like a man from Humberto's artwork.

Been tired of him for a while, but he is turing into a joke.

wolvie took replaced scott's place in x3 -_-
but ur not alone wolvie is getting in my nerves

I could have told you that Morgth,lol. But this should be in the movie section of x3.

Wolverine has come to annoy me greatly in recent years.

I don't find Wolverine personally annoying. But in the films, what the filmmakers have done with the character, annoys me.

I'm annoyed that comic-verse Wolverine seems to have turned into the Multiple Man--HE'S FREAKIN' EVERYWHERE!!!!!

Yes the best version of Wolverine for me is the one in the old comics and the 90's cartoon...I think it sucks that theyve prettied him up so much, now i cant relate to him as much :(. I still like him in the movies (though not in the 3rd one) but I always pictured him as short rugged and gruff.

You can't relate to hm because he no longer looks like an extremely exaggerated and bestial human? I fail to understand the original relation in which you some how empatized/related to that type of being :huh:

As for the actual situation of Wolverine...I do feel that the character is being over marketed...but that has been much of his existence ever since the 90's cartoon. I do dislike the way in which he is spread so thinnly. If he were a real person, the tasks he undertaes would be nigh impossible. He travels frequently, yet appears on a near regular basis in at least three teams. That type of portrayal just isn't believable. Even Superman can' be everywhere at once....yet Wolverine some how is.

Bastila said:
Been tired of him for a while, but he is turing into a joke.

i totally agree.

esp that whole joke thing about him with beer thing in Astonishing... they need to find a way and kill him and stay dead. at least stay dead for a few years or a couple of series....

Arach Knight said:
You can't relate to hm because he no longer looks like an extremely exaggerated and bestial human? I fail to understand the original relation in which you some how empatized/related to that type of being :huh:

As for the actual situation of Wolverine...I do feel that the character is being over marketed...but that has been much of his existence ever since the 90's cartoon. I do dislike the way in which he is spread so thinnly. If he were a real person, the tasks he undertaes would be nigh impossible. He travels frequently, yet appears on a near regular basis in at least three teams. That type of portrayal just isn't believable. Even Superman can' be everywhere at once....yet Wolverine some how is.

I cant relate to him as much anymore because he's more of a pretty boy now...lol! but if I showed u a pic of me youd find that i am quite bestial.

javon said:
I could have told you that Morgth,lol. But this should be in the movie section of x3.

No it shouldn't. :huh: He's saying he doesn't like that Wolverine is drawn too much like Hugh Jackman in the comics.

I think he looked most appropriate the way he was drawn by Darick Robertson.

sc12een17am3 said:
i totally agree.

esp that whole joke thing about him with beer thing in Astonishing... they need to find a way and kill him and stay dead. at least stay dead for a few years or a couple of series....

That whole beer thing is really pissing me off. Everyone is having these deep thoughts when fighting and all he thinks is "I like beer", he can "fight for beer", "wont do anything unless theres beer" then Beer brings him out of Nova's control wtf?

At first it was kind of funny but now its just stupid.

I was never a Wolvie fan to begin with. He's too fickle.

Arach Knight said:

Its not the fact that he is everywhere which is the problem. It is that because he is in so many places at once no one can actuially do anything with the character. You can`t progress the character because there will be 3 more comics in just the smae month which shall contradict any depth you try to create in the character. You have him mourning and suicidal in x-men and in new avengers he is cracking wise and mocking spidey.

you know, i actually like the most recen wolverine arc...the civil war tie in. the art is different, and unrealistic, but i think wolverines character is played out well..

I hate Wolverine, and I wish that just one book would kill him off :(

Cyclops said:
No it shouldn't. :huh: He's saying he doesn't like that Wolverine is drawn too much like Hugh Jackman in the comics.

Robertson_collage.jpg

WZ20031119-cover4.jpg

I agree. Robertson did modern-Logan justice.

Indeed.The way Chris Claremont and Larry Hama portrayed Wolverine is the best,and i hate to see their work torn to pieces.

Ill list some facts..

1-Wolverine`s origin has him being born in 1896,but il Wolverine Issue 10 which takes place in the early 1910`s has him already mature looking.My personal estimate is that Wolverine should have been born in the 1870`s.

2-The movie Wolverine is rapidly taking over and being known as THE Wolverine.Where as in the comic,he has a more detailed,and quite frankly,better history.

3-Claws extending from inbetween the knuckles is just plain wrong.Why did Marvel not use the Claws extending from the back of his hands,like in the comics?

Hopefully, Jeph Loeb and Simone Bianchi will shape Wolverine into a respectable character again.

Cyclops said:

Dude, I dont care what anyone says. That run with Rucka and Robertson was awesome.

Jourmugand said:
3-Claws extending from inbetween the knuckles is just plain wrong.Why did Marvel not use the Claws extending from the back of his hands,like in the comics?

Because actual weapons already exist within human history, that position the claws in that fashion, meaning that Hollywood prop makers could mimic that design, and give us a Wolverine with some solid claws, that aren't obviously attatched or CGI. Think about it...if they came off the backs of his hands, we'd either get lame CG hands, or so much prosthetic makeup on the backs of Hugh Jackman's hands, that it would be as obvious as all of the body makeup they used on Vinnie Jones. If you watch the special features of X2, there is a part where Hugh Jackman is by his trailer, and he has the claws on...and it still looks real, even though it is just a weapon he holds. It's just a convenience of design and belivability. As for Greg Rucka...read anything that man touches. After reading his run on Gotham Central, and a few of his issues on Wonder Woman, I can attest to his skills as an author.

FireandIce213 said:
I still like him in the movies (though not in the 3rd one) but I always pictured him as short rugged and gruff.
Agreed. How tall is Jackman, anyway? I don't think "runt" would be an appropriately insulting nickname for movie Wolverine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"