The Dark Knight "i'm going slightly mad"

frodawgg

Civilian
Reaction score
call me crazy if you will, i've been called worse. now before you all decide to come lynch me, please hear me out. even in my eyes, this idea of mine sounds like a "make it or break it" type deal. but just imagine with me...

with the burton/schumacher series, every movie was accompanied by a soundtrack (the prince one was incredible and the other two were mediocre albums with a few good songs). now, in no way do i want this series to become one where compilation soundracks accompany the films (even an album by one artist, like the prince one, wouldn't fit). i think this series doesn't need to fall in that trap; it's above that. and these movies just aren't those types of movies anyway.

that being said (bear with me here), i was listening to my Classic Queen CD yesterday and hearing the song "I'm going slightly mad" sparked an idea in my head. this is not your typical queen rock song--it's a dark, eerie yet goofy, trip into madness type song. i imagine it could be used (if done correctly) in a scene with joker in isolation, descending into madness (and if he already has, having a breakdown). it's one of those types of songs. like i said, it could work if done correctly--make the scene dark and broody, trying to explore the insanity of the clown prince of crime. if it's done any other way, it could ruin a scene, or a movie for that matter.

as i said earlier, i don't want compilation soundtracks; all they did for BB was the score soundtrack. they could even use this song just in the movie and not release on a soundtrack, and if they did, just put it on the end of the score soundtrack, just like "face to face" on BR.

i know this might sound like a stupid idea but, anyone else who has heard the song, let me know what you think.

thanks,
fro

i will download right now this song and tell you what am i thinking, but i don't think Nolan will put songs from artist in the movies except the ones of the score

I love Queen. They're my third favorite band behind Led Zeppelin and The Who. "I'm Going Slightly Mad" is one of my favorite Queen songs, but I don't want popular music on the next film's soundtrack. They just don't fit with Nolan's vision.

Popular music+Batman=Stink. Batman should be timeless, not restricted by the music of today.

Besides, Queen's a "Flash Gordon" band :D

"The luuuuuunatic in ohn the graahss"
"The luuuuuunatic in ohn the graahss"
LOL!

I see how that could work, but you're walking a fine line there, buddy . . . I think they're probably trying to stick to the score of the film as a tool instead

Rynan said:
Besides, Queen's a "Flash Gordon" band :D

Think again, there can be only one...

highlander%20poster%20artOrig.jpg

^^^thanks for all your input. like i said, this idea of mine was iffy at best. i agree that the films should be timeless and without popular music, but i also believe that it could work if executed correctly. and i know it would never happen, which i prefer, but it's just a thought. thanks, all!

Sorry. I hate Queen. I'd rather have Prince again.

Zeppelin is the greatest to have ever existed.

I really like Prince in all, but he's nowhere near as good as Zeppelin.

yeah, Zeppelin OWNS YOUR SOUL!!!!

maybe during the end credits, they could play "We are the Champions" LOL!

DV8 said:
maybe during the end credits, they could play "We are the Champions" LOL!
I would demand my money back. And then go shoot whoever was responsible.

Either that or completely disown being a Batman Begins fan forever

Ronny Shade said:
I would demand my money back. And then go shoot whoever was responsible.

Either that or completely disown being a Batman Begins fan forever

You're right.

It should be played at the end of the third film.

There are about 2 people on this earth who agree with me on this point, but "We are the champions" is simply the worst song ever made.

Ronny Shade said:
There are about 2 people on this earth who agree with me on this point, but "We are the champions" is simply the worst song ever made.

No, it isn't.

"Grillz", by Nelly, holds that title.

Ronny Shade said:

hahahaha, I hope you realize I was being sarcastic . . . I remember they played that shyt at our swim team going away deal in high school . . . how fuackin lame!

plus we didn't even win . . . :( :mad: :confused:

I listen to a lot of crappy music.

Ant Banks
Geto Boys
Too $hort
E 40
Hilary Duff
Tim Dog

I really hope you're serious when you admit the stuff you listen to is truly bad music. Anyone who thinks Hilary Duff makes good music belongs in Arkhum Asylum right next to The Joker and Two-Face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"