The Dark Knight "i'm going slightly mad"

frodawgg said:
call me crazy if you will, i've been called worse. now before you all decide to come lynch me, please hear me out. even in my eyes, this idea of mine sounds like a "make it or break it" type deal. but just imagine with me...

with the burton/schumacher series, every movie was accompanied by a soundtrack (the prince one was incredible and the other two were mediocre albums with a few good songs). now, in no way do i want this series to become one where compilation soundracks accompany the films (even an album by one artist, like the prince one, wouldn't fit). i think this series doesn't need to fall in that trap; it's above that. and these movies just aren't those types of movies anyway.

that being said (bear with me here), i was listening to my Classic Queen CD yesterday and hearing the song "I'm going slightly mad" sparked an idea in my head. this is not your typical queen rock song--it's a dark, eerie yet goofy, trip into madness type song. i imagine it could be used (if done correctly) in a scene with joker in isolation, descending into madness (and if he already has, having a breakdown). it's one of those types of songs. like i said, it could work if done correctly--make the scene dark and broody, trying to explore the insanity of the clown prince of crime. if it's done any other way, it could ruin a scene, or a movie for that matter.

as i said earlier, i don't want compilation soundtracks; all they did for BB was the score soundtrack. they could even use this song just in the movie and not release on a soundtrack, and if they did, just put it on the end of the score soundtrack, just like "face to face" on BR.

i know this might sound like a stupid idea but, anyone else who has heard the song, let me know what you think.

thanks,
fro

Really how?

^^^i'll tell you how. i work at an alternative school for children with emotional disturbances (ED), and oh boy, when they get mad, they dig deep to find something to call you. i've been called:
mother****er
****head
*******, asswipe, asslick
****ing n****r (and i'm not black)
dumbass
nazi (cuz my head is shaved)
...and countless others

now granted, those names were not based on anything i did (like me being crazy cuz of this thread), but they were just kids in crisis venting their anger.

i have been called things by people close to me, which have hurted because there was "meaning" behind them. it really hurts when your brothers call you "stupid" or "******" in any way other than a sibling rivalry. when people would say i would never amount to anything, that devastated me as well.

so, as far as i'm concerned, i really don't mind being called crazy because i introduce the idea of a song in a movie.:up:

at least we agree fro, i know you didn't say anything about robin I was just saying that as another example of what ruined the dark knight franchise.

queen were awesome, but i hate that song the only redeeming thing was seeing brian may as a giant penguin

frodawgg said:
^^^i'll tell you how. i work at an alternative school for children with emotional disturbances (ED), and oh boy, when they get mad, they dig deep to find something to call you. i've been called:
mother****er
****head
*******, asswipe, asslick
****ing n****r (and i'm not black)
dumbass
nazi (cuz my head is shaved)
...and countless others

now granted, those names were not based on anything i did (like me being crazy cuz of this thread), but they were just kids in crisis venting their anger.

i have been called things by people close to me, which have hurted because there was "meaning" behind them. it really hurts when your brothers call you "stupid" or "******" in any way other than a sibling rivalry. when people would say i would never amount to anything, that devastated me as well.

so, as far as i'm concerned, i really don't mind being called crazy because i introduce the idea of a song in a movie.:up:

Sorry to hear that dude.:up:

frodawgg said:
call me crazy if you will, i've been called worse. now before you all decide to come lynch me, please hear me out. even in my eyes, this idea of mine sounds like a "make it or break it" type deal. but just imagine with me...

with the burton/schumacher series, every movie was accompanied by a soundtrack (the prince one was incredible and the other two were mediocre albums with a few good songs). now, in no way do i want this series to become one where compilation soundracks accompany the films (even an album by one artist, like the prince one, wouldn't fit). i think this series doesn't need to fall in that trap; it's above that. and these movies just aren't those types of movies anyway.

that being said (bear with me here), i was listening to my Classic Queen CD yesterday and hearing the song "I'm going slightly mad" sparked an idea in my head. this is not your typical queen rock song--it's a dark, eerie yet goofy, trip into madness type song. i imagine it could be used (if done correctly) in a scene with joker in isolation, descending into madness (and if he already has, having a breakdown). it's one of those types of songs. like i said, it could work if done correctly--make the scene dark and broody, trying to explore the insanity of the clown prince of crime. if it's done any other way, it could ruin a scene, or a movie for that matter.

as i said earlier, i don't want compilation soundtracks; all they did for BB was the score soundtrack. they could even use this song just in the movie and not release on a soundtrack, and if they did, just put it on the end of the score soundtrack, just like "face to face" on BR.

i know this might sound like a stupid idea but, anyone else who has heard the song, let me know what you think.

thanks,
fro
You're not crazy, you're just going slightly mad. :D
Seriously, yes, I agree with you, that if done right (dark, noir-like), this song could be great for a scene like that. :up:

Queen > Everything

If you don't realize that then you must be brain-dead.

I want only instrumentals, no rock or rap in these kind of movies. Save that for xXx.

Batman better ride a bike in the next movie just so they can play 'Bicycle Race' by Queen.

Just watched HIGHLANDER again last night and I cringed at the part where Connor goes "It's a kind of magic!"

LAME

They should play "Another One Bites The Dust" during a fight scene.

StorminNorman said:
Ronny Shade = Natalie Portman > Motzart > Pince > Queen > Hillary Duff

I agree with this statement except for the natalie portman part, i dont have anythin against her just dont think she's that great is all!

But i like the fact that the new batman film had no current soundtrack, as stated before bat films should be timeless.

Ronny Shade said:
There are about 2 people on this earth who agree with me on this point, but "We are the champions" is simply the worst song ever made.

and something you wrote will still be being played 30 years after it's original release? Nope thought not....NEVER put Queen down in my presence ever again.

mcflytrap said:
Just watched HIGHLANDER again last night and I cringed at the part where Connor goes "It's a kind of magic!"

LAME

Just thought I'd let you know that the 'kind of magic' line was written before the song. Roger saw the rushes and used the line for the song....You may still thinks it's a lame line but I thought I'd piont it out just in case you thought that they put it in there just because of the song. And also you have to remember he was trying to explain to a young girl why he didnt die in a hail of bullets. IMO I think if they were going to use a song they should use they lyrics in TKJ and set it to the tune of Always look on the bright side of life. Everytime I read the book that tune is always in my head!

Qui Gon Ducard said:
and something you wrote will still be being played 30 years after it's original release? Nope thought not....NEVER put Queen down in my presence ever again.
Firstly, I don't think you can play a post.

Secondly, you're over excitable, and for that I will eat you alive. :( But not now. :)

Thirdly, just because you said that, I'm going to say Ronny's post and quote it in some form of publication 30 years for now. Spite is my chicken soup for the soul.

Fourthly, I like We Are the Champions.

And deny the world my wisdom?

PS - I reported you, sry. :(

Qui Gon Ducard said:
ahem...

.....Queen sucks

how mature do put down a rock band that opened more doors to musicians than any other. First ever promo video (3 years after bohemian rhapsody MTV was born) The first band to play to unsegregated audiences in South Africa while apartied still ruled. The band of the day at Live Aid (as said by many of the bands on the day in britain and the usa) Biggest ever audience held at a Rock in Rio festival, and countless other records....yeah sure they suck Ronny. Tell you what why not go back to listening to your little rap records and s****** when they say a$$ and other swear words that I am sure your mummy doesnt like hearing coming from her basement and let the us listen to the real music. You dont like them? your loss. Countless of millions across the world do, and in another 30 years their music will still be being played, they will still top polls of greatest bands along with others like Zepplin, The Beatles....(dont tell me ...they suck as well?) the Rolling Stones and the real pioneers of music, not like these people today who can only talk over someone else's music.

1869415892.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"